PDA

View Full Version : IP Cam problem

charmer
07-20-2006, 08:19 AM
hey friends,
this IP cam i bought two weeks ago is giving me a big trouble when im trying to install it.

its a wireless IP cam which i can connect via wifi to my wireless enabled router with a DSL connection.

the thing is it works fine
when i type my LAN ip address but never been able to access it from out side(over the internet)

from a different location i tried with the IP ad i received from my ISP
and it connects to my router setting page instead of seeing the cam

any ideas wot to do :)

crazy life
07-20-2006, 10:02 AM
did u configured router's firewall??
check ports

mlakmal
07-20-2006, 11:40 AM
its obvious it connects to ur firewall config thin. i thnk u need to use some sort of a software to access webcams from internet

HishamZz
07-20-2006, 12:54 PM
forward thy portz 2 da port used by da IP cam via da routerz menu... normally known as port forwardin else virtual server..

Zz

charmer
07-22-2006, 05:12 AM
forward thy portz 2 da port used by da IP cam via da routerz menu... normally known as port forwardin else virtual server..

Zz

very good Hishamzz,

that's the thing i had to do. i just went to my router config menu and enabled the DMZ option to my IP cam address. simply all the incomings has been forwarded to my camara IP address

now i can watch my cam frm anywhere just by typing my WAN ip adress on the net browser. ;)

thanks hishamz crazy_life and mlakmal

HishamZz
07-22-2006, 04:34 PM
no probz bro... nytime ;-)

Zz

azaamDAsquad
07-23-2006, 12:16 AM
now i can watch my cam frm anywhere just by typing my WAN ip adress on the net browser.

dangg this thing is kool..
dont think itz available in SL...

Lich
07-23-2006, 02:38 AM
eka tamai math hituwe.. ehemanam apita maru wada tikak karanna puluwan neda.. ha ah ah ah ah