PDA

View Full Version : Kandy bycotts knockouts

BUA
07-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Calex League champs Kandy SC bycotts clifford cup knock out seiris suppose to starts on dis week end, b'coz SLRFU has took a decision to finals of the seiris to be play in colombo. Kandy have won the last 5 tittles which was played in Nittawela and dey need to play the finals in Kandy dis year as well:no: . Officials of the CR n FC strongley condemed the request of Kandy SC and dey made a statement dat dey will not particitipate if the finals took a place in Kandy. :cool: :yes:

How ever Dik Oya SC can particitipate in knock out seiris apart from Kandy SC n dey havent confirm their particitipation even until dis moment. Officials of SLRFU still having negotiations with Kandy SC to change their decission. If Dik oya SC also refused their particitipation den Galle RFC hav an opprortunity to come to knock out arena.

following teams may particitpate for the knock out dis year

CR & FC, CH & FC, Havelocks, Army, Police, Ari Force, Old Zahirians, Dim Diks or Galle RFC

Novindu
07-26-2006, 08:14 AM
dats bad men... y da hell kandy demands for da venu?

bokka
07-26-2006, 08:17 AM
lets hav it somewhere else den. its not a nice thing dat kandy doing tho.

BUA
07-26-2006, 08:26 AM
dats bad men... y da hell kandy demands for da venu?

dey are not for venue, day not say . it must be held on Nittawela, but dey days it must me a venue in Kandy..

Novindu
07-26-2006, 08:35 AM
dey are not for venue, day not say . it must be held on Nittawela, but dey days it must me a venue in Kandy..
dats what im tellin men y dey want to play in kandy?
dey a fear of loosin ..dats it....

bokka
07-26-2006, 08:49 AM
may be they r scared of being beatn up in colombo

BUA
07-26-2006, 08:53 AM
dats what im tellin men y dey want to play in kandy?
dey a fear of loosin ..dats it....

u would hav seen da faces of Kandy lads until the last 15th minute of CR -Kandy match. dey got damn in scared, dey know denately CR will be the major thread for dem. other thing is dey know it will be a shame if they lost to CR though dey are da league champs for dis season. On da other hand its very unfair to held filnals in Kandy for 6th sonsecutive year.:yes:

bokka
07-26-2006, 10:51 AM
yeah it is unfair, do u know what is da reason for resentment between them?

Novindu
07-26-2006, 10:08 PM
yeah it is unfair, do u know what is da reason for resentment between them?
yup its fare if dey have it in col.....

systemoad
07-26-2006, 10:41 PM
the lads frm Kandy wants to play in their hometown of course..the crowd support, home grounds..it all wrks for them pretty gud..why not agree on SLRFU's terms and prove they're still the best?? fear of losin I guess..I shudn't have said that..I'm a big fan of Kandy SC:lol:

BUA
07-27-2006, 07:58 AM
how ever fixtures will be as follows

Quarter-finals

(a) CR and FC vs Galle RFC on July 29 at Longden Place

(b) Police vs Air Force on July 29 at Police Park

(c) CH and FC vs Old Zahirians on July 30 at Maitland Crescent

(d) Havelocks vs Army SC on July 30 at Havelock Park

Semi-finals:

(e) Winners of (a) vs winners of (b) at Longden Place on August 5

(f) Winners of (c) vs winners of (d) at Longden Place on August 6.

Finals: Winners of (e) vs winners of (f) at Longden Place on August 12

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Lich
07-27-2006, 08:08 AM
hey..

that is not good.. coz Kandy is a place that Rugby lives.. so some of matches have to go to Kandy Grounds too.. what do u say about that..

i would saay.. the Semi will b in Kandy and Final will b in Colombo.. how is that idea..

BUA
07-27-2006, 08:34 AM
hey..

that is not good.. coz Kandy is a place that Rugby lives.. so some of matches have to go to Kandy Grounds too.. what do u say about that..

i would saay.. the Semi will b in Kandy and Final will b in Colombo.. how is that idea..

daz wut CR suggested also. but Kandy need to play da finals in Kandy.:yes: .. We had finals in Kandy for da last 6 years..it must be changed isnt it?.:cool:

Lich
07-27-2006, 08:37 AM
ya of course it have to be changed.. but there have to be several matches in Kandy too..

BUA
07-27-2006, 08:43 AM
ya of course it have to be changed.. but there have to be several matches in Kandy too..

in last year also dey played initial game in Kandy. but U know skools rugby federation has back bone to change the venue annualy. U know in 2004 skools knock out finals waz held in Nittawela and 2005 waz @ Sugatadasa stadium, SLRFU also need to to such a thing like dat

Lich
07-27-2006, 08:47 AM
i think SLRFU have some backing from Kandy ppl... thats why.. dont know.. lets see..

Novindu
07-27-2006, 09:13 AM
hey..

yup dats btr i thnk..... have ta be balanced ne!!!

Lich
07-27-2006, 09:32 AM
eka tamai mama kiyanne..