PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

chamithal
03-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi ppl!

Well, since I've started keep looking at my monitor for so long, recently I've noticed some tiny horizontal lines moving on the screen specially when I'm looking at white areas...

Well, is it bad for my eyes?

(1280*960 @ 70Hz - 17" ViewSonic - Nvidia 6600 LE)

SAN_APIIT
03-16-2007, 05:54 AM
Well if u have a device that generating signals like a mobile phone or a bad ups that might happen. try switching of ur electrical equipments one at a time (may be in the next room also). i also have the same configurations in my pc (monitor is E70f), when a call or sms comes this happens to my monitor but if it is regular then better check the equipment in the room.

and about ur eye's if u don't feel any difficulties and if there is no tears then i guess it not doing any harm. coz human eye's take 1/10 of a second to refresh the optical nerve. anyway better get checked by a tec guy if u can......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pink_lime1
03-16-2007, 06:12 AM
its bad..

Novindu
03-16-2007, 06:24 AM
its bad..
how can u say dat????

pink_lime1
03-16-2007, 07:24 AM
how can u say dat????

umm well if ur eyes r doing things its not supposed 2 it cant be gud rite? oh and do u like chobits..(ur avi)

SAN_APIIT
03-16-2007, 07:33 AM
umm well if ur eyes r doing things its not supposed 2 it cant be gud rite? oh and do u like chobits..(ur avi)

Not exactly i think coz a CRT monitor always does that(thats what the hertz rate is for). 60Hz means it refreshes 60 times a sec. the thing in this case is the screen is not at the exact rate. that will course the monitor to display lines. and if it's so bad for ur eyes the eye will respond with tears or a headache.

Anyway the best thing is to do is getting the monitor fixed coz it might not be harmful to ur eyes but surely it not good for ur monitor... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pink_lime1
03-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Not exactly i think coz a CRT monitor always does that(thats what the hertz rate is for). 60Hz means it refreshes 60 times a sec. the thing in this case is the screen is not at the exact rate. that will course the monitor to display lines. and if it's so bad for ur eyes the eye will respond with tears or a headache.

Anyway the best thing is to do is getting the monitor fixed coz it might not be harmful to ur eyes but surely it not good for ur monitor... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe i knew that

chamithal
03-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks for all the people who have posted... As SAN_APIIT said, I think it might be my UPS... It was instructed to keep it atleast 1foot away but I already had it about 1.5... Nw, 1st I'll bypass the UPS and see...