PDA

View Full Version : Give me a PC like this, and I will shoot anyone you ask

Anusha
08-24-2006, 06:03 PM
This (http://www.amdzone.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9960&sid=1842102da4dfc54f248dd10896d97a5b) is the fastest PC (remember, PC) I have seen up to now. Unbelievable specs, and nicely laid out (I mean, inside :))

Here's the specs:
Dual Opteron Dual Core 2218s
Tyan 2915
Quad SLI (2) 7950 XFX 570/1550
16GB Ram DDR-2 ecc reg
6 terabytes (8x750GB drives) Raid ex8350 pci-e controller
Dual linked 750W power supplies
Apple 30" Cinema LCD at 2560x1600
Windows Enterprise Server 2003 64-bit
Suse 10.1 64-bit
Stacker CM server case
Deck Legend Keyboard

I can't even imagine the price of it. The video cards cost abour ~US$1300 (for both), hard drives cost about ~US$3600, monitor costs ~US$2000, RAM should cost about US$1600 or more (usually ECC RAM is pricier than normal)., 2 CPUs which cost US$873 each. You do the math.

It's the new Bugatti of PCs.

azaamDAsquad
08-24-2006, 08:53 PM
i lyk those hard diskz baby... got loadz of data :D :D :D
n da monitor ..mmmm delicious :D
wOw n d speed aswell .. u rock baby...

Anusha
08-24-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't think those hard drives will have the full 6TB capacity. He's using a RAID controller card, so must be using RAID 0+1 or something similar (improved performance as well as improved redundancy).

azaamDAsquad
08-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't think those hard drives will have the full 6TB capacity. He's using a RAID controller card, so must be using RAID 0+1 or something similar (improved performance as well as improved redundancy).

yea myt b yo!!! ;)

pissu hedei ney ammo

systemoad
08-24-2006, 09:48 PM
holy shiit..that's one lucky sob eh.. he's got ventilation rite where it's needed..a damn smart one too..lol. I'll bet anything, he's got an X-Fi Elite Pro..
man wish I had that kinda money..:lol:

Anusha
08-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Even if a person has so much money, I don't think he would equip a computer in that manner. I wonder if he can ever hibernate the computer LOL. 16GB hiberfile.sys!!! And think about the electricity bill!!!! We can never have it ON for 24/7.

systemoad
08-24-2006, 10:08 PM
And think about the electricity bill!!!!

that was my first thought too..my mom wud go nuts if I used this 24/7..nevertheless she might gladly bargain me for this pc..hak hak:lol:

Novindu
08-24-2006, 10:36 PM
omg....!!!!!! but in another 5 years it will b like p4 now a days....lolzzzzzzz

Anusha
08-25-2006, 05:29 AM
On the data storage area, he seems he has a 10 year advantage. They are gonna release 1TB drives only this Christmas. The guy already has 6 times storage as that.

However, when it comes to games, he will be outdated in 2 years, because DX10 cards are the future, and they are coming out very soon. nVidia's G80 class of cards are due this September, which will support DX10. Even one highend DX10 supported card might outperform that quad SLI setup, at least in a year or so.

About the amount of RAM he's got...Well, I can't see us overtaking that amount LOL. 16GB!!!!???? I thought 4GB would be more than enough, for the next five years or so.

Most probably the CPUs will be superseded by newer processors. That's all I can think of.

Kulendra
08-26-2006, 12:02 PM
This (http://www.amdzone.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9960&sid=1842102da4dfc54f248dd10896d97a5b) is the fastest PC (remember, PC) I have seen up to now. Unbelievable specs, and nicely laid out (I mean, inside :))

Here's the specs:
Tyan 2915
16GB Ram DDR-2 ecc reg
Suse 10.1 64-bit
Stacker CM server case
Deck Legend Keyboard

I can't even imagine the price of it. The video cards cost abour ~US$1300 (for both), hard drives cost about ~US$3600, monitor costs ~US$2000, RAM should cost about US$1600 or more (usually ECC RAM is pricier than normal)., 2 CPUs which cost US$873 each. You do the math.

U sure this is a PC???? Looks like bloody damned entry level server although the bugger does say he was doing all sort of tests for a PC :D

m82a1sniper
08-26-2006, 12:35 PM

Here's the specs:
Tyan 2915
16GB Ram DDR-2 ecc reg
Suse 10.1 64-bit
Stacker CM server case
Deck Legend Keyboard

anusha.......where did u get these specs?.....did u actually see this "PC"? eh? hehehehe.....dont make me laugh....u picked this up from another forum and posted it here......oh c'mon, this is f***in funny. u ppl..........althouth it states that this is a "PC" (where u found this info)...this is actually a server...this person who originally posted the topic on another forum has pic of it, there...dun wry, i'll also give you pps the link. so, all ov u can see for urselves......hehehe..........the thing is basically, this person is using a server in his home, as his home "PC"......but this is not a personal computer......and where did u get the prices for this?....dun make me laugh...ahahaha....dun take other ppls posts and post it as if it's ur own.....cz sooner or later another person(like me) will find the original one:angry:

click HERE (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71306) to see the original post

Anusha
08-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Now, I have to say...I haven't seen a person as dumb as you are. I had given the link to his original post in the other forum (sorry mate, yours is not the original :D and in the one I found, he explains everything) so all you had to do was to check that link out. If you couldn't have seen the link in my origianl post, I suggest that you check up your eyes.

If you don't know the prices of those prices of those products, I suggest you check it out on the web. Do you even know that there is only one company in the world that makes 750GB hard drives? Seagate. They have the only PMR HDDs. And those cost more than US$450 each!!!

And it is not a server (it can't be one), because servers don't run Quad SLI (like they play games in servers LOL). This time, don't make ME laugh. Another thing,

Why he's using Windows Server is because it's faster than XP and supports that 16GB RAM. And 64-bit is because he has more than 4GB RAM. Of course, the opteron is intended for Servers, but it doesn't mean you can't have it in your PC.

Anusha
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
U sure this is a PC???? Looks like bloody damned entry level server although the bugger does say he was doing all sort of tests for a PC :D

If he says it's a PC, then who cares if it's a PC or not? :D

Kulendra
08-26-2006, 01:20 PM
I also had this initial feeling that it must be a server but then gave up the idea of it cos its graphics cards.

The use of such a PC can be in ares of 3D rendering, modelling and animation. And no its not the3dmax, maya gimmiks u see everyday. There are a hell lot of software which are used in geological and biological modelling. Currently most of these are done on 'entry level' servers just because there arent any off the shelf PC solutions available. (And dont ask y u cant assemble one up, organisations dont assmeble PCs, cos its easier to buy the whole thing and get the maintenance support rather than to run here and there and query google every time something fails :) )

Anusha
08-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Do you know he ran the benchmarks from a RAM drive? I mean, he can easily have a 12GB or so RAM drive :D

You know something else. m82a1sniper was making fun of me no? In fact, people at the forum he (m82a1sniper) posted was making more fun of Venturi (the owner). Then he posted the pics and those people were never to be found again :D Wonder if same will happen to m82a1sniper.

Anusha
08-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Holy cow! A score of 23291 in 3DMark06!!! My 9600Pro gives only 450marks. And for most people in Sri Lanka, that (9600Pro) is more than enough :D

chip
08-26-2006, 01:51 PM
hollyyyy crap...................i want that MONSTER PC!!!.......how much does it cost.lolz:lol::lol:

Anusha
08-26-2006, 01:58 PM
More than anyone can afford :D
I'd rather buy a car out of that money ;)

chip
08-26-2006, 02:01 PM
well...i guess its a server than a pc:yes:.. so its not very useful for homes

m82a1sniper
08-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Now, I have to say...I haven't seen a person as dumb as you are. I had given the link to his original post in the other forum (sorry mate, yours is not the original :D and in the one I found, he explains everything) so all you had to do was to check that link out. If you couldn't have seen the link in my origianl post, I suggest that you check up your eyes.

If you don't know the prices of those prices of those products, I suggest you check it out on the web. Do you even know that there is only one company in the world that makes 750GB hard drives? Seagate. They have the only PMR HDDs. And those cost more than US$450 each!!!

And it is not a server (it can't be one), because servers don't run Quad SLI (like they play games in servers LOL). This time, don't make ME laugh. Another thing,

Why he's using Windows Server is because it's faster than XP and supports that 16GB RAM. And 64-bit is because he has more than 4GB RAM. Of course, the opteron is intended for Servers, but it doesn't mean you can't have it in your PC.
LOL!......just cause this "PC" has a "Quad SLI" its a pc? is that what ur sayin? is that ur point?......if that's so, this shudn't even be discussed LOL:lol: .....ur stupider than i thought u were.... shud get a MRI done for urself.......LOL! as for ur prices.....lol;) :lol:

Kulendra
08-30-2006, 09:08 PM
LOL!......just cause this "PC" has a "Quad SLI" its a pc? is that what ur sayin? is that ur point?......if that's so, this shudn't even be discussed LOL:lol: .....ur stupider than i thought u were.... shud get a MRI done for urself.......LOL! as for ur prices.....lol;) :lol:

So whats your stand with regards to having a Quad SLI on a server? And as for the prices I dont see whats there to 'LOL' about, may be you can enlighten us on this?

Anusha
08-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Have you used Windows Server 2003 OS? I have. They have disabled and/or removed a lot of features that would affect the stability of the OS. They have disabled themes, sound, system restore, welcome screen (this is for security), few other services (not only for the sake of security, but performance too), and video acceleration. So the last thing a server OS need is games. Buggy, buggy games.
Below are the prices (taken from the manufacturer as well as Newegg.com)

CPUs (x2)
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_609,00.html?redir=CPT301
US$873 x 2 = US$1,746

Video cards (x2)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150160
US$579.99 x 2 = US$1,160

HDD (x8)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?DEPA=0&type=&Description=750gb&Submit=ENE&Ntk=all&N=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
US$399 x 8 = US$3,200

Monitor
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=9F8FBAD3&nclm=AppleDisplays
US$1,999

RAM (x8) (this is all I could find. I'm pretty sure that the guy went with at least DDR2 800 ECC so they should cost more)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820134086
US$355 x 8 = US$2,840

Power Supplies (x2)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153038
US$189 x 2 = US$378

Casing
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119042
US$145

Keyboard
http://www.maximumcpu.net/archives/56
US$150

The total up to now = US$11618
This is without the motherboard, which I couldn't find the price of.

Anusha
08-30-2006, 09:18 PM
So whats your stand with regards to having a Quad SLI on a server? And as for the prices I dont see whats there to 'LOL' about, may be you can enlighten us on this?

Looks like he loves getting sniped by his own rifle :D

Kulendra
08-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Looks like he loves getting sniped by his own rifle :D
Talk about it! may be we should give him another five days to compose a reply ;)

Anusha
08-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah. What a joker. I mean c'mon. At least if he wants to criticize me, do it with (some) proof.

HishamZz
08-31-2006, 12:08 AM
bloody hell.. i ll put all ma money in something more worth.. the improvement in hardware performance alone aint gonna save people money n stuff.. the present problem is that most of the software out there are coded in a very in-efficient way... that is programming has stil more developing to be done.. via efficient programmin the need for such powerful hardware could be deemed totally unnecessary..

but hel.. this bugger outta b havin bill gatez last will 2 make a pc as such.. woofah...

Zz

ama1407
08-31-2006, 01:51 AM
ane ellana deyak dennam katawath shoot karanna epa:( pawne:sorry:

Anusha
08-31-2006, 04:06 AM
bloody hell.. i ll put all ma money in something more worth.. the improvement in hardware performance alone aint gonna save people money n stuff.. the present problem is that most of the software out there are coded in a very in-efficient way... that is programming has stil more developing to be done.. via efficient programmin the need for such powerful hardware could be deemed totally unnecessary..

but hel.. this bugger outta b havin bill gatez last will 2 make a pc as such.. woofah...

Zz

That's what I thought too, until he show some of his benchmarks. It seems that the OS (Windows Servers 2003 Enterprise Server 64-bit) seems to scale really well with the RAM and hard drives. For example, in another forum, the guy had given a screenshot of a 3DMark06 results. It was 23xxx marks. However the companyes who sell pre-overclocked X6800 based systems managed only to get around 10000 marks. Even the individual benchmark scores were like out of this world. Very high values. I think makybe it has something to do with running them off a ramdrive. But if he does that for normal things too, then his computer should fly like a bastard :yes:

If you want to know about more of it, maybe you should check out the original thread by clicking on the link I gave in the first post. The guy gives some (important) information about it.

HishamZz
08-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Wel.. the basic thingy in improving performance is to improve the capacity of the RAM and this main factor has been a success theory is boosting the performances of other factors (ie. graphics processing etc.)... but going through the linko it seemz that the NUMA tech being used in Windows is really efficient in bolstering practically every aspect o performance...

There is no mention o Ramdrives but if he IS using then it is one hell of a system... period.. Windows outta boot up like in 4 seconds and games would load in just 3 to 4 seconds depending on what has been cached in those drives..

The reason why his benchmarks might be fishy is that RAM might be contributing in incrementing the score.. server based OS especially the Windows Server series have been wel known for mapping large MB of memories efficiently to achieve higher performances...

Man.. playing FEAR at eye candy level.. wut a fc**in dream!!!! lolz..

Zz

Anusha
08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
He had mentioned about the RAM drives in some other forum. I don't have the link. That is where all the criticism arose, and he had no choice to run a 3DMark06 benchmark and show the results to prove that he realy have the computer with him.

He's not using a hardware RAM Drive such as Gigabyte's I-RAM. It's all done in the software, so there is no way to boot into Windows from a RAM Drive. Besides, RAM need to be powered, for the data to remain intact.

FEAR is not the most resource hungry game yet to set foot on the world of gaming. It would be Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. That game doesn't have any boundaries. In the outside world, you can walk in the game for days. I mean, I could play FEAR pretty well on my system, but Oblivion is one helluva bastard of a game.

HishamZz
08-31-2006, 12:20 PM
I didnt get ya bro.. ya say he aint using a RAM drive that is I-Ram? Wel.. he given different descriptoz in varyin forums s kinda suspicious dnt ya think..

I aint into role-playing strategy gamez.. games such as Half-Life 2, Fear, Far Cry which taxes ya graphics cards in terms o speed o update is more like it.. wut i like most bout FEAR is that da graphicz r life like n itz got da rag doll physicz n not 2 mention environmental reaction physx included in it.. it kinda taxez da CPU for al da calculationz so if dis bastard can run FEAR at such a high resolution .. woofah.. dat ll be a dream.. it ll be more like ya r in da freakin game...

i ve gotta 6200 wit me.. shittin thin aint wrth playin no gamez so i ve temp stopped dloadin.. hopin 2 offload it 4 a 7600 or hopefully wit luck n some "donations" a 7950.. probz it ll require a psu upgrade.. sniff..

Zz

Anusha
08-31-2006, 02:07 PM
When he can provide us with the images and all those proof, I don't think it's suspicious.

I really need to upgrade my computer, if not buy a new one. But it seems, anything we buy in the next decade will not match that guy's computer.

HishamZz
08-31-2006, 05:59 PM
well.. ya cannot have everythin ya need in any lifetime.. lmao.. unles ya r bill gates dat is... just do da basic upgrade n upgrade bits n bits later on ...

* A HIGH end Mobo upgrade
* RAM upgrade
* A HIGH end graphics card..

this is way basic 4 da simple reason.. high end moboz, graphx card takez time 2 deteriorate thus savin ya big bux spent on constant uloadz.. a min o 1 GB DDR 2 RAM for b suffice.. RAM pricez r supposedly gonna come down in da followin month... when buyin da graphx card too ... chk out da review sitez 4 any upcomin productz by nvidia or ati n then wait til tiz released.. n go 4 da high end colour card before than card .. cuz da price obviously wil b down lol..

Other upgradez such as HD n Sound card could b done later on... i ve got fedup o constant PC upgradez n resorted 2 stickin 2 ma 2.8 Ghz machine.. only thin am dyin 4 is a bloody good quality colour card.. sniff..

Zz

Anusha
08-31-2006, 07:19 PM
IMO Graphics cards are the ones that get obsolete fast. I have 1.5GB RAM installed on my PC and I'm very happy with it. Currently I'm running Vista build 5536 (latest CPP build) without a pagefile!!! Too bad I have run out of slots. Otherwise 2GB would have been the sweet spot.

I'm already in touch with the latest and greatest computer hardware. Nobody needs to tell me how to research about them ;) I need at least a lowend dualcore. I'm having trouble with multitasking. Too bad I can't upgrade this system (CPU, RAM and even the Video card) any higher. I'm on an AthlonXP system BTW.