PDA

View Full Version : ANGAMPORA

hemalsilva
06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.freefight-club.de/inhalt/bilder/mallavapora.gif

Angampora: A truly Sri Lankan fighting art

http://livingheritage.org/pix/angampora-masters400.jpg http://livingheritage.org/pix/angampora-weapons-400.jpg

http://www.lankalibrary.com/images/angampora.jpg http://www.lankalibrary.com/images/angampora2.jpg

Angampora is an ancient Sri Lankan combat system with heavy influence from Indian martial arts. It was introduced by mercineries from Kerala who came with the Waduga nobility from Kerala. This practice now exceedingly rare because of the tradition of not teaching the martial art outside the family. It incomporates hand to hand combat, the use of weapons such as staffs, knives and swords and the use of pressure points.

"Ange" means "body", "pora" signifies "combat". These were fighting displays either With or Without Weapons: "Angan saramba" or haramba Were the various branches of the fighting Sciences taught at the centres for military training of the Maravalliya" or Maruve, and Sedaliye clans. Each centre Was divided into the "Saramba or Haramba Salava" dealing with "Aangan haramba" and the Ilangan Maduva" or" Ilangama" for Training The Musicians And Dancers Who accompanied each clan in procession or in War. There were also the Vasala saramba salava" and "Ilangam Maduva" reserved for princes.

The Mahavamsa shows that up to the 6th or 7th centures, Sinhala heroes and Warriors Were termed "Yodhya" Wich is a corruption of the Indian team "Yadhajiva".Towards the end of the 16th century it ahd become restricted to mythical giants and was replaced by the title "Panik Rala". In Malabar this is derived from Pani=work and the masters of martial and gymnastic schools were termed "Panikkers".Considerable interchange of teachers in the wristing and fencing had occurred between Ceylon and Malabar. In Ceylon these sciences are extinct, the ancient records pertaining to them bring restricted to a feq painted cloth, frescoes, sculpture and folk songs.

In Ceylon the term "Panik Rala" was originally Conferred upon members of these Martial School Who had distinguished themselves in the glaidatoril arena, but latterly the title became applicable to anyone of `Outstanding Courage and Prowess in any form of physical activity Such as noosing of elephents gathering honey of the rock bee Apis dorsata by being swung over the cliff face and let down on to the hive by means of forest lianes.

http://www.angampora.org/gallery/slides/b_002.jpghttp://www.angampora.org/gallery/slides/b_022.jpg

FOR MORE INFORMATIONS ABOUT ANGAMPORA VISI http://www.angampora.org/

malkavi
06-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Thnx for de info machan....

Tissaka
06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Very interesting post. :yes:

Thanks macho. :D

nEoN_wHitE
ammata siri angampora walata site ekakuth thiyanw ane.. pissu hadei:shocked:

nEoN_wHitE
Very interesting post. :yes:

Thanks macho. :D
igena gana da yane:P

hemalsilva
06-05-2007, 04:03 PM
igena gana da yane:P

WEDI WENA EKAK NEHE :yes: :yes: :yes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hemalsilva
06-05-2007, 06:38 PM

:yes: :yes: :yes: :D :D :D :D

djvcom
06-05-2007, 06:44 PM
elakiri machooo :shocked: patta post eka thanx :D:D:D

Chinthakas
06-06-2007, 01:17 AM
.....:cool: ......max macho....

uhox
06-06-2007, 03:05 AM
elakir

niyama post eka...

ape jathika kusalatha nawa panak dima honda wedak..

Sujakshan
06-06-2007, 03:10 AM
thx 4 da info.........

scoobss
06-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Nice post..!! unfortunately these days only a very few knws bout this...!! and the other fact is dat every1 can't do this.. adding a little more.. for those of u guys who's dun ny form o martial arts... angampora is lyk more of a biology lesson at some level.. i'm referin to the nila sastharaya which is da most interestin of all.. it's best if u cld practice tis if u have spare tym.. but of cos u won't be given it in full.. n u gota go thru a poojawa b4 u cld even start to swing ur hand... whr they decide if u are worth it o not..!!

SAN_APIIT
06-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Great Post...
Thanks bro.....

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 12:28 PM
WoW!! would luv 2 learn this....coz i remember watching it in one of da old teledramas....think it was Dandubasnamanaya....:yes: :cool:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 01:03 PM
WoW!! would luv 2 learn this....coz i remember watching it in one of da old teledramas....think it was Dandubasnamanaya....:yes: :cool:

Hapoooi.....wate inna kollanta guti kala merenna wenne..............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oya danna karate tika madi welada...??:lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Hapoooi.....wate inna kollanta guti kala merenna wenne..............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oya danna karate tika madi welada...??:lol: :lol: :lol:

He heee......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ne mata harima asai meka igenaganna....aththamai:yes:

rohanscreations
06-06-2007, 01:45 PM
gini gini:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
He heee......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ne mata harima asai meka igenaganna....aththamai:yes:

Aththatama matath asai.....habai sehenna marui....lesi ne.........

Wushu walath oya wage dewal godak thiyenawa.....ewa angampora walata wada diyunui....:yes:

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Aththatama matath asai.....habai sehenna marui....lesi ne.........

Wushu walath oya wage dewal godak thiyenawa.....ewa angampora walata wada diyunui....:yes:

Eth mekata thina asawa nisama mata hithenawa mata ikmanin igena ganna puluwan kiyala....balamu issarahata:yes:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Eth mekata thina asawa nisama mata hithenawa mata ikmanin igena ganna puluwan kiyala....balamu issarahata:yes:

r u seriuos....??

hondai......apith help ekak dennamko....thanak hoyagaththoth matath kiyanna.....habai igena gatta ewa magen test karanna epa........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shaggy
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
mata hodata duwanna puluwan so owa ona wena ekak na

Lolzzzzzzz :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
r u seriuos....??

hondai......apith help ekak dennamko....thanak hoyagaththoth matath kiyanna.....habai igena gatta ewa magen test karanna epa........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah i'm serious i so wanna learn it??Hari kiyannamko mama Lanka awama hoyala balanam....Umm...langa patha oya hitiyoth test karala balanam ithin lolz!!;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shaggy
06-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah i'm serious i so wanna learn it??Hari kiyannamko mama Lanka awama hoyala balanam....Umm...langa patha oya hitiyoth test karala balanam ithin lolz!!;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ammoo oyath igena gannawada :eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Apoo...oya SL ena dawasa kiyanna ...eda ta mama SL walin yanawa.......illan kanna one ne.........:lol: :lol:

Me sirawatama oya plase ekak hoya gaththith matath kiyanna.........:yes:

shaggy
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Apoo...oya SL ena dawasa kiyanna ...eda ta mama SL walin yanawa.......illan kanna one ne.........:lol: :lol:

macho onenam ubata duwanna kiyala dennam mama :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 03:28 PM
macho onenam ubata duwanna kiyala dennam mama :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Mama eka thamai issellama igena gaththe........habai Crazy ta be math ekka duwala dinanna.........:lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
ammoo oyath igena gannawada :eek: :shocked: :eek: :shocked:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM

Bayagulla hoo hoo....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hari hoyagathoth kiyannamko:yes:

shaggy
06-06-2007, 03:32 PM

Mama eka thamai issellama igena gaththe........habai Crazy ta be math ekka duwala dinanna.........:lol: :lol: :lol:

ela ela kauru hari gahanna awoth man wage gadol katayakin damala gahala duwapan:lol: :lol:

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 03:33 PM

Huh! oya kollek nisa ithin shakthiya wedi nisa mata wada haiyen duwai...eth maath podi kale indan karapu deyak thamai e harida .....:D

shaggy
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

malkavi & mama duwanna purudu wena 100m lolzz :lol: :lol:

kenek gahanna awama pothe hatiyata gahaganna baha hallow

dekak wadidhdhi steps nikanma amathaka wenawa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 03:43 PM
malkavi & mama duwanna purudu wena 100m lolzz :lol: :lol:

kenek gahanna awama pothe hatiyata gahaganna baha hallow

dekak wadidhdhi steps nikanma amathaka wenawa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He he heee.....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Bayagulla hoo hoo....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hari hoyagathoth kiyannamko:yes:

Bayata nemei.......Self Defence...........;) ;) ;)

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Bayata nemei.......Self Defence...........;) ;) ;)

Ow ehemawath kiyamuko ithin:rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 03:46 PM
ela ela kauru hari gahanna awoth man wage gadol katayakin damala gahala duwapan:lol: :lol:

hehe...mata gadol baga one ne........gahanna issella mama duwanawa..........

shaggy
06-06-2007, 03:48 PM

ehema wadak na gadolbagekin gahala duwapan nathinam balan inna aya hithanne api baye duwa kiyala ;)

maleemsg
06-06-2007, 03:48 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: he ..he mara Chandiyek ne oya!!!!:lol: :lol:

maleemsg
06-06-2007, 03:49 PM
ehema wadak na gadolbagekin gahala duwapan nathinam balan inna aya hithanne api baye duwa kiyala ;)

Shaaaaaaaaaa.............. mara molayak ne oyata thiyenne.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Huh! oya kollek nisa ithin shakthiya wedi nisa mata wada haiyen duwai...eth maath podi kale indan karapu deyak thamai e harida .....:D

podi kale indan kare duwana ekada........??? Ae kiyanna ae kale indan oyage passen ballo pannuwada.........nethna Da Big Wolf la pannuwada...........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy_m
06-06-2007, 03:51 PM
podi kale indan kare duwana ekada........??? Ae kiyanna ae kale indan oyage passen ballo pannuwada.........nethna Da Big Wolf la pannuwada...........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was in da school relay team:rolleyes:

Mr.DON
06-06-2007, 03:51 PM
:cool:Sri Lankan Proud:cool:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Ow ehemawath kiyamuko ithin:rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monawa wunath Ladies lata atha ussana eka honda nehene..........ekai.....:lol: :lol:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Ekath aththa thamai........;) ;) ;)

shaggy
06-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Shaaaaaaaaaa.............. mara molayak ne oyata thiyenne.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

asrayakaranne oya wage ayane ;)

malkavi
06-06-2007, 03:57 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: he ..he mara Chandiyek ne oya!!!!:lol: :lol:

Oya dannawane ithin mama gena..........hehehe

shaggy
06-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Ekath aththa thamai........;) ;) ;)

dakkane crazy hithuwe oya bayai kiyala habai man kuwa wage kalanam crazy aye oya kathawa kiyanne na oyata :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maleemsg
06-06-2007, 03:58 PM
asrayakaranne oya wage ayane ;)

ow ithin oya denna kanneth anith aya hithanne wath nethi amuthu amuthu kema jathi ne;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maleemsg
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Oya dannawane ithin mama gena..........hehehe

Appooooi Ow Mokada Nodanne???;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

malkavi
06-06-2007, 04:01 PM
I was in da school relay team:rolleyes:

Oh....really..........I was in the Karatre team..........so u better run now.........hehehe.............

shaggy
06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
ow ithin oya denna kanneth anith aya hithanne wath nethi amuthu amuthu kema jathi ne;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oyata waradila oya kiyanne mage malli gana

matti mama shaggy

hemalsilva
06-06-2007, 04:19 PM
KATTIYA ANGAMPORA PURUDU WENAWA WAGE

shaggy
06-06-2007, 04:21 PM
KATTIYA ANGAMPORA PURUDU WENAWA WAGE

mamanam duwanna purudu wenawa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chanaka001
12-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Guys and gurls ANGAMPORA still practice in SRI LANKA. Im the one who practice ANGAMPORA from Guru (G. Karunapala). If you want to practice ANGAMPORA you have to follow some principals of our ANGAM maduwa. Its located in Nugegoda. Sudhaliya warrior clans and Kotte warrior clans are practicing together. If you want more details pl'e send me an email. I'll send you contact details. I cant publish our contact details in this forum cause its against our principles. Good Luck..

Thank you.

Chanaka.

my email- [email protected] /[email protected]

DJ.Parker
12-25-2007, 12:00 PM
nice post:D

hemantha33
12-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Godak Thankx mewage ekkak dammata

hul2000
12-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the info macahng

ereshthush
12-25-2007, 12:15 PM
great work machan

malshan
12-25-2007, 12:16 PM
mage family ekath angampora walin ena ekak.............and i kno this styl

malshan
12-25-2007, 12:16 PM
NICE POST

malshan
12-25-2007, 12:23 PM
bt mewa dan eka eka igena gena ape pawathinawa kiyala un kiyaganawa eka thama duka ...............

Kalegana
12-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Mama ge tattoo eaka kohomada?

chanaka001
12-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Mr Malshan... Its nice to meet you hear. There are few lucky people inherit ANGAM from they family's.
According to legends and "RAWANA Katha" founder of ANGAMPORA is IRISHI PULASHTHI (Grand father of Emperor RAWANA).

In Sri Lanka there are three familys (ANGAM MADU) who practice ANGAM.

1 SUDHALIYE clans (area of Sudhaliye clans is HANGURANKETHA)

2 MARUWALLIYE clans (area of Maruwalliye clans is EDANDUWAWA MATALE)

3 KOTTE clans (these clan is not very popular but they played big role in KOTTE Kingdom when VI Prakramabahu King Unite and bring whole country under one flag.)

But i know these days we can find so many ANGAM classes and they saying they are the one who practicing original ANGAM. Its a sad story.

According to some old ANGAM masters most of them are doing shits.

I published these details for guys who interesting about ANGAMPORA.

Good Luck........ !!!!

draco
12-25-2007, 05:31 PM
wow tankz 4 da info

Dj Om
12-25-2007, 06:24 PM
very interesting topic ela machan thanks:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanu
12-25-2007, 06:29 PM
interesting

Thanu
12-25-2007, 06:30 PM
very interesting

Thanu
12-25-2007, 06:30 PM
alot

chanaka001
12-25-2007, 06:48 PM
THNKs guys.... Im realy Happy and proud about U all.

Cause u guys are very interesting about ANGAM... I" post all the details i know about ANGAM.

If u guys have any questons about ANGAM please post here I'll answer to all questions according to my knowledge.

Good Luck...!!!

chanaka001
12-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Guys... here is the pics taken when playing "Kadu haramba" ( these pics are taken for Jackson Anthony's movie ABA). Sorry i cant show the face of player.

Don't laugh about dress OK....(thats the traditional combat dress)

These swords are real and sharp. Look at the speed he moves the sword..

Good Luck...

please follow the URLand view the pics..

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam001
http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam02
http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam003
http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam004
http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam005

Thnks...........

Thenura
12-25-2007, 08:06 PM
ela ela ...tnx for da info hemal

Kalindugayan
12-25-2007, 08:13 PM
elakiri

peemy
12-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Great topic......
thnx

nagaya
12-25-2007, 08:15 PM
machan apita ehema igenaganna bari weida?

rukshankb
12-25-2007, 08:20 PM
appo baye ba..........................

chanaka001
12-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Machan NAGAYA you can learn ANGAM if you realy want. But there are some principles that you must obey..

chanakacm
01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
angampora niyama art ekak..ewunata dan inna sama harak ewwo angampora kiyala ugannwanne kickboxing karate kungfu ehema kawalam karala hadapu amuthuma art ekak.

Samanali
01-27-2008, 09:53 PM
thx for the infor

DTX
01-27-2008, 09:56 PM
mekenwadammoth okkoma hombenyanne

chanaka001
01-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Yah thats true.. there are so many ppl doing Angam classes. Most of them are don't know about Angam. They teach some mix thing from Karate kickboxnig and all. But poor Angam loving students don't know about this so they follow they teachers and they think they learning pure Angam.

Example for one of this fake teacher is Ajantha Prera from Korathota Kaduwela. Guys i met this Ajantha before 2 or 3 years back he gave me his visiting card (still i have that visiting card) according to his visiting card he's a Karate and Judo teacher.
I saw his article of Sandalla (Silumina) 3 monthes back. In that article he put the pic of old guy with white beard and identify him as a his grand father and Angam teacher died before 5 years. But after 1 month in that Sandalla paper put a note from writer who wrote Ajantha's article asking apologize to misguide readers of sandalla also in that note old guy that Ajantha identify as his died grand father says his not Ajantha's grand father and he did no tech anything to him(actually he's not a Angam teacher and his live) thats the better truth about Ajantha Perera but guys unfortunate thing is he has a strong pull from his back.

My second example is Chagi Bandara from Maharagama he's also fake Angam teacher in this society. I know him personally he's a good TAI KUN DO player he played TAI KUNDO for the Maharaga Youth Center. He's also Yoga teacher. And i know some well known Angam teacher is refuse to tech Angam to him cause of his quality's.

above mentioned teachers( i don't like to call them as a teachers) doing this for money and for become a famous.
Guys i know these details are true and also i can prove.

thank you 4 interesting
Chanaka001

chanaka001
01-29-2008, 09:24 AM
According to our great actor and historians Mr JACKSON ANTHONY and Mr JAYANTHA CHANDRASIRI (Historian and Director of "Dhandubasnamanaya & Akalasandya)

Guru Ginialu ge Karunapala (G.Karunapala) practicing pure Angam for his students. Why these Mr Jackson and Jayantha saying this ??? cause for Jackson Anthonys movie "ABA" is a great historical movie made regarding King PANDUKABAYA's life story. For this movie Mr Jackson thought to use Angam as a martial art. So he start to reading & experiment about Angam and before he choose a Angam martial artist as a his stunt director he visit the 78 Angampora teachers and classes in whole island. Cause he need to use pure Angam for his movie. He visit 78 angam martial artiest (Ajantha Perera, Chagi Bandara...etc.etc) and carefully observe all the 78 angam artiest and they fights, plays ("ath Haramba, Kadu Haramba, Pollu Haramba, gata puttu..ect ect). Finally he select G. Karunapala as a pure Angam artiest and the stunt director of his movie "ABA"

Jackson Anthony said above story at the "Muhurath festival" of Movie ABA for describe choosing Angampora as a martial art of movie and Guru Karunapala as a stunt director of movie.

Thank You 4 interesting
Chanaka001

Vmax
01-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Hmmm....Siyaratade Siri sepade....

buddhika19
01-29-2008, 09:34 AM
thanx

chiraa
01-29-2008, 11:17 AM
our master :D :D

wjlfernando
01-29-2008, 11:35 AM
sira tatoo 1

niluleo
01-29-2008, 11:52 AM
maxa machan

nelum
01-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Ape rate ape deyakne.... :yes:

bana1
01-29-2008, 12:28 PM
hehe
mamat me angampora yannai inne

ereshthush
01-29-2008, 12:28 PM
ape deewal api agaya karanna ooni ''{:yes:}''

chanaka001
01-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Hey Mr. Chira

Who's ur master ???? r u a Angam student ??? interesting... :D

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................

Yes guys "Ape de Api agayanna wage ma Igena gannath onee" !!!!

If you guys interesting i can upload more Angam pic's

chanaka001
01-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Guys please follow this link. you can read the interview with Master G Karunapala and Jakson Anthony about Angam and ABA

http://www.silumina.lk/2008/01/13/_art.asp?fn=av08011317

thats why i said i can prove what im saying here.

thanxs

Chanaka001

DRUGS
01-30-2008, 12:46 PM
LOVE 2 LEARN D ''Nila shastraya''........................

chiraa
01-30-2008, 02:26 PM

You can learn it too..If you learn angam..:D
But You have to train more than a year. or two..depends on how good you are..
They basically don't teach ''nila'' to new students cuz you know.. they're gonna show off in streets and all the stuff..:D

chanaka001
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi Chira.
r u a Karunapala master's student ????

If ur Karunapala master's student you will surely know me.

btw its nice to find some 1 know about Angam.

Diyathi
01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Ah ara kathawakuth yanne..! hehe lassanai!

supun75
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
hmmmmm

Tharindu DR
01-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Shaa Thanx machoooo...

pmj i.
04-01-2008, 12:03 AM
hi chiraa (or someone else), did you know something about
ch ee na ad i or
ch i na di?

I've heard, this martial-art was derived from Angampora!

Best regards

pmj i.

scoobss
04-01-2008, 12:37 AM

it's not easy 2 learn it man.. infact they don't give it out these days.. n it's not smethin dat u can learn in 1 or 2 yrs.. cos it's not lyk da typical martial arts u find..:)

rishanshadow007
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
pissu hadei angamporawalatah site apita thamai natthe

sachithmax
04-01-2008, 12:28 PM
ahhhh angampora site ekak???????hodai hodai diunu wenawanam.....apitath

chanaka001
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Guys there is a WEB SITE about ANGAM PORA please visit

http://angampora.org/index.html

hey ppl please dont let this topic to die.. come on post your comments

meebo.ts
04-01-2008, 02:28 PM
hey thx bro

chanaka001
04-01-2008, 02:44 PM
hi chiraa, did you know something about
ch ee na ad i or
ch i na di?

Chiana di is not means to (Chineese Punch)

in Malayalam language China mean ("Nila" pressure points) and

Adi means ("Punch" or strike)

So Chinadi means in Sinhala "Nilawalata karanaa paharadeema"

Chinadi is simmiler to ANGAM this art is still practice some guys in SRI LANKA.

There are some guys saying Chindai is a Ancient STYLE OF KUNGFU teach by some Chineese monk who came to pilgrimage to ADAM's PIK (SAMANALA KANDA)

But i don't think its true. Cause in that time we had well developed and very powerful martial art (ANGAM) so no need to learn martial art from chineese.

HIVOLTAG3
04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
THX FOR THE INFO,

BTW OYA ANGAMPORA.0RG SITE 1KE DONATIONS DALA THIYENNE GUTI KAWAMA BEHETH GANNA SALLI EKATHU KARANNADA???

:) :)

fox
04-01-2008, 02:51 PM

There are some guys saying Chindai is a Ancient STYLE OF KUNGFU teach by some Chineese monk who came to pilgrimage to ADAM's PIK (SAMANALA KANDA)

But i don't think its true. Cause in that time we had well developed and very powerful martial art (ANGAM) so no need to learn martial art from chineese.
oya ANGAMPORA karanawada???

fox
04-01-2008, 02:53 PM
our master :D :D
oya karunapala master ge golayekda???

TDM
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
ela ela

fox
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi Chira.
r u a Karunapala master's student ????

If ur Karunapala master's student you will surely know me.

btw its nice to find some 1 know about Angam.
hey r u a student of Karunapala master?????

fox
04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Yah thats true.. there are so many ppl doing Angam classes. Most of them are don't know about Angam. They teach some mix thing from Karate kickboxnig and all. But poor Angam loving students don't know about this so they follow they teachers and they think they learning pure Angam.

Example for one of this fake teacher is Ajantha Prera from Korathota Kaduwela. Guys i met this Ajantha before 2 or 3 years back he gave me his visiting card (still i have that visiting card) according to his visiting card he's a Karate and Judo teacher.
I saw his article of Sandalla (Silumina) 3 monthes back. In that article he put the pic of old guy with white beard and identify him as a his grand father and Angam teacher died before 5 years. But after 1 month in that Sandalla paper put a note from writer who wrote Ajantha's article asking apologize to misguide readers of sandalla also in that note old guy that Ajantha identify as his died grand father says his not Ajantha's grand father and he did no tech anything to him(actually he's not a Angam teacher and his live) thats the better truth about Ajantha Perera but guys unfortunate thing is he has a strong pull from his back.

My second example is Chagi Bandara from Maharagama he's also fake Angam teacher in this society. I know him personally he's a good TAI KUN DO player he played TAI KUNDO for the Maharaga Youth Center. He's also Yoga teacher. And i know some well known Angam teacher is refuse to tech Angam to him cause of his quality's.

above mentioned teachers( i don't like to call them as a teachers) doing this for money and for become a famous.
Guys i know these details are true and also i can prove.

thank you 4 interesting
Chanaka001
uba nam karunapala masterge golayek thama.... I'l PM u.....

fox
04-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Guys and gurls ANGAMPORA still practice in SRI LANKA. Im the one who practice ANGAMPORA from Guru (G. Karunapala). If you want to practice ANGAMPORA you have to follow some principals of our ANGAM maduwa. Its located in Nugegoda. Sudhaliya warrior clans and Kotte warrior clans are practicing together. If you want more details pl'e send me an email. I'll send you contact details. I cant publish our contact details in this forum cause its against our principles. Good Luck..

Thank you.

Chanaka.

my email- [email protected] /[email protected]
oya kochchara kal idan ANGAMPORA karanawada???

fox
04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
these fotos were clicked in Buddhugala(Kalthota), when we were there for a live program in Rupawahini in 2007 January...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/3760/imgp0938ao5.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2136/imgp0932xw7.jpg

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2712/imgp0899wn4.jpg

fox
04-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Guys... here is the pics taken when playing "Kadu haramba" ( these pics are taken for Jackson Anthony's movie ABA). Sorry i cant show the face of player.

Don't laugh about dress OK....(thats the traditional combat dress)

These swords are real and sharp. Look at the speed he moves the sword..

Good Luck...

please follow the URLand view the pics..

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam02
http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam003
http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam004
http://www.picscrazy.com/view/angam005

Thnks...........
were u there for act in the ABA???

sajeewa86
04-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Niyamai uba dadubasnamayanaya baluwada

fox
04-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Niyamai uba dadubasnamayanaya baluwada
balala thiyenawa.... but eke aththama ANGAMPORA nahe....

chanaka001
04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
were u there for act in the ABA???

Yah i did in ABA

Fox .... guess
how many guys u know directly from SUDHALIYA clan practice ANGAM more than 10 years and who can can play more than 10 sellan's from two swords ( and one of seniorst guy in Master Karunapala's place)... i think above clues are more than enough...
if u care fully observe the pic u can recognize me without my face ???

hehe.....

chanaka001
04-01-2008, 08:21 PM
uba nam karunapala masterge golayek thama.... I'l PM u.....

Hey FOX don't call seniors as "UMBA" it s a bad habit and its against to disciplines of ANGAM MADUWA..

fox
04-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Yah i did in ABA

Fox .... guess
how many guys u know directly from SUDHALIYA clan practice ANGAM more than 10 years and who can can play more than 10 sellan's from two swords ( and one of seniorst guy in Master Karunapala's place)... i think above clues are more than enough...
if u care fully observe the pic u can recognize me without my face ???

hehe.....
well i think u r name starts from letter "P" and a u r a close relation to Master karunapala...

fox
04-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey FOX don't call seniors as "UMBA" it s a bad habit and its against to disciplines of ANGAM MADUWA.. sorry bro.... yes i know the rules in ANGAM MADUWA..... coz i'm a student too....
anyway bro i'm N_ l _ w _ _ r_
think you know abt me....

anarkalee
04-01-2008, 09:32 PM
wow
maxxa
thankzzzzzzzzzz 4 da info

fox
04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
directly from SUDHALIYA clan practice ANGAM more than 10 years and who can can play more than 10 sellan's from two swords ( and one of seniorst guy in Master Karunapala's place)
yep bro.... no need of more clues.... i know u P _ _ m a _..... nice 2 meet u in EK....
bro y dont u put those 2 videos in youtube here???? put them here bro, others to watch....

$_PrintE_R
04-01-2008, 09:52 PM
ela ela....

fox
04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
ela ela....
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

pmj i.
04-01-2008, 11:41 PM

hi chanaka001,
I 've read the few infos (about angampora and chinadi) in the internet and I think you're fully right. You're great martial art don't need a foreing impact.

Perhaps, in the past the chinese monks learn angam in sri-lanka and sells it as kung fu. ;-)

Are there some relations between angam and the indian kalari or the varma kalai because I've found out it can be that they have the same roots?

Best regards pmj i.

chanaka001
04-01-2008, 11:51 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

when i saw the pic u post i realize who r u N. its nice to c u here. btw help me to give some knowledge and details about ANGAM to our fellow readers..

stay in touch ....

uhox
04-02-2008, 12:01 AM
thanks Hemal:)

ah...ara Sakwala chakre gena details hamu unada?:dull:

randula01
04-02-2008, 12:01 AM
THANX FOR INFO BRO.............

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 12:51 AM
hi chanaka001,
I 've read the few infos (about angampora and chinadi) in the internet and I think you're fully right. You're great martial art don't need a foreing impact.

Perhaps, in the past the chinese monks learn angam in sri-lanka and sells it as kung fu. ;-)

Are there some relations between angam and the indian kalari or the varma kalai because I've found out it can be that they have the same roots?

Best regards pmj i.

hi Mr Pmj its nice to meet u here.

mmm its a long story regarding to our non written history Founder of ANGAM is a "IRSHI PULASTHI" grand father of our great emperor RAVANA. he taught this art to his grand son and to his army. King RAVANA become a grand master of this martial art thats the reason why indians in RAMAYANAYA call RAVANA as "DASHIS RAVANA" (RAVANA WITH TEN HEADS) exact mean of this is King RAVANA is a grande master to a ten science including Martial Art (he's a normal person with extra ordinary brain). Help of this very power full martial art he become a Ruler to ASIA..ect. In that time Indian Kings are also become a regional kings under Emperor RAVANA. According to "Uththara RAMAYANAYA" LUCKSMAN came to LANKA to learn ANGAM from RAVANA (in that time there were not a enemies)
Knowledge of this art comes to generation to generation until British emperor rule this country.

1 ) According to chineese monk PAHIYAN's notes he's saying he took knowledge of acupuncture (china katu) and knowledge of a art defeat opponents using pressure points (NILA) from Sri Lanka.

2) In SHAOLIN TEMPLE history they saying the pioneer of SHAOLIN KUNGU is a Indian bhikku BODHIDHARMA who came to SHAOLIN temple from South India.
But in Indian history they saying BODHIDHARMA is a Sri Lanken prince who came pilgrimage to India and he become a Bhikku in India.

in mean time in SL history saying prince call BODHIDHARMA (ranashura Bodhidarma kumaru) went to india for pilgrimage.

I think all of them talk about same prince BODHIDHARMA.

3) Last year some of our University professors went to south India (Kerala) to do some research regarding relationship between indian arts and Sri Lankan (dancing,music..ect..) art. So they meet one of Grand Master of KALARIPAYATTU (KALARI) he told them to Kerala's proud martial art KALARIPAYATTU inherited from SRI Lanka. i got this facts from press conference.

after careful observation about above details we can surely say KALARIPAYATTU born from ANGAM.

In KALARI and ANGAM there are so many things in same and also there are so many this in difference.

so thats all i know about relation between KALARI and ANGAM above facts true. source of above facts are books and some old ANGAM and Chinadi masters.

.. i think u may help this information Mr pmj. (sorry my written english is not very sharp)

Thank You... Chanaka001

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 01:11 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3OV1TEp9x8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3OV1TEp9x8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Guru Karunapala (72 years old) playing "Welaudhaya"(contains 12 sharpen edges). One of dangerous and deadly weapon using in Angampora. One miss of Welaudhaya, user will cut him self.

enjoy...

pmj i.
04-02-2008, 01:20 AM
hi chanaka001,
thanks a lot for your effort.

do you'know if there exists some deeper information (books, pictures or so on) about a n g a m / c h i n a d i?

best regards, pmj i.

rush16
04-02-2008, 01:43 AM
thanks for sharing valuable stuff....
:lol: :lol:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9513/shihanreal2ia9.png

MagmificentROO
04-02-2008, 01:49 AM
ela ela thanxxxxxxx

fox
04-02-2008, 08:19 AM
when i saw the pic u post i realize who r u N. its nice to c u here. btw help me to give some knowledge and details about ANGAM to our fellow readers..

stay in touch ....
y not bro.... i always do....:yes::yes::yes::yes:

fox
04-02-2008, 08:24 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3OV1TEp9x8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I3OV1TEp9x8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Guru Karunapala (72 years old) playing "Welaudhaya"(contains 12 sharpen edges). One of dangerous and deadly weapon using in Angampora. One miss of Welaudhaya, user will cut him self.

enjoy...
brother what about the ath sellam??? upload it too....

fox
04-02-2008, 08:27 AM
thanks for sharing valuable stuff....
:lol: :lol:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9513/shihanreal2ia9.png
hey rashmi dont u like to be a ANGAM warrior???

fox
04-02-2008, 08:53 AM
angampora niyama art ekak..ewunata dan inna sama harak ewwo angampora kiyala ugannwanne kickboxing karate kungfu ehema kawalam karala hadapu amuthuma art ekak. :yes::yes::yes::(:(:( there r lot of fake masters. they says they r from a great angam clan, they have all the knowledge about pure ANGAMPORA...
4 xample one of fake master Ajantha perera(23 years old) said to a news paper that he is from a ANGAM clan in Korathota and inherited all the ANGAM styles from hes grandfather. but the thing is he has published a picture of one of our great master's master(also a close realation).:angry::angry::angry:
all the fake masters, what they do is search some books which related to ANGAM and read them and says they r from great warrior clans and ect...

fox
04-02-2008, 09:03 AM
i dont think so.....

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 10:51 AM
i dont think so.....

No no fox(N) don't think like that way if u think like that way u cant become a real martial artiest cause good martial artiest never think as im doing the best martial art..

btw thats depend because our ANGAM is a CLOSE martial art. Y im saying this because until year 2003 ANGAM is only traditional part of some family's they never taught this art to anyone out side from they families (thats the main reason to destroy some part of ANGAM ex- "ANGAM PIMBILLA") and also they look for well disciplined ppls within a family to teach this art. and they never show this martial art to anyone out side from family (so knowledge of ANGAM spoil within the family)
but other martial arts are OPEN comparing to ANGAM. Karate...Kungffu,Whushu ...ect are still developing.. some of them add new techniques new exercises.. Unlike ANGAM

Ex- world latest martial art is MMA (Mix Martial Art) is a combination of full contact techniques of Karate, Tai Kundo, Jeet Kundo, Jujutsu.. ect.

So that y some ppl saying modern martial arts like Whushu is better than ANGAM. But it depend i cant say world best Martial Art is ANGAM. but im follow this ART as a
my family tradition ,part of our culture, as Sri lankan Martial Art and i love it. Im not going to compare it with modern martial arts.

but the secret of become a good fighter is a practice. Follow what ever martial art u like and practice every day.

ex- imagine ur a good Kungfu fighter u practice every day and one day u fight with a black belt karate guy and he's not well trained(not well practice) and u hit him and win the fight.. because of that situation we cant say KUNGFU is better than KARATE..it depend on the person and level of his practice.

Hope u all can understand what im saying here

Thanks for ur interesting....Chanaka001

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 11:23 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/465ScxNYUqQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/465ScxNYUqQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is call "ATH SELLAN"
"Ath Sellan" is like a KATA using in KARATE. In ANGAM "Ath Sellan" is for practice ANGAM fighters body/mind and also practice them to move quick when a actual fight occurs.

Look carefully he's facing every four corners of the stage this call as "HATHARA MULLA PANILLA" Playing "HATHARA MULLA" practice Angam fighter to fight with more than one opponent with the same time.

Im happy about this guy he's name is Nelum (Guru Karunapala's student) and im his second teacher..he makes me proud

Thank you.

funkoluwa
04-02-2008, 01:18 PM
machan meka nam vadagath post ekak

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 03:49 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbfzcLWM1ZI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbfzcLWM1ZI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ANGAMPORA player demonstrating SAMANALA SELLAMA(butterfly play) its relay looks like a butterfly.

One of our super senior Athula Aiyya (Guru Karunapala's one of seniorst student) demonstrating ANGAMPORA "SAMANALA SELLAMA"

Note- This is a demonstration for Camera, actual two stick fight of ANGAM is differ than this demonstration.

This guy is practicing ANGAM more than 28 years from Guru Karunapala.

Guys im sure u will be confused about this ANGAM dress. Please note this this is not a real ANGAM dress this is a dress design by some "BAKA PANDITHA" adviser (guy who never scene a ANGAM dress before) of HELA SPORT Club. .

Thank You..

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 03:56 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhrQdoSwrX0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhrQdoSwrX0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ANGAMPORA fighter demonstrate single Stick fighting "POLLU SELLAN".

Note - This is a demonstrate for camera only. actual stick fight of ANGAM is differ than this demonstration.

Guys im sure u will be confused about this ANGAM dress. Please note this this is not a real ANGAM dress this is a dress design by some "BAKA PANDITHA" adviser (guy who never scene a ANGAM dress before) of HELA SPORT Club. .

supun75
04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm good

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 04:02 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/06jVc57jJko&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/06jVc57jJko&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ANGAMPORA fighter demonstrating knife fight "PIHI SELLAN".

Note- This is a demonstration for Camera, actual knife fight of ANGAM is differ than this demonstration.

Thank You.

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Guys this is the real ANGAM dress call as "DIYA KACHCHIYA" its a bit smiler to "AMBUDAYA"

Pic of real ANGAM dress

thank... chanaka001

fox
04-02-2008, 06:45 PM
No no fox(N) don't think like that way if u think like that way u cant become a real martial artiest cause good martial artiest never think as im doing the best martial art..

btw thats depend because our ANGAM is a CLOSE martial art. Y im saying this because until year 2003 ANGAM is only traditional part of some family's they never taught this art to anyone out side from they families (thats the main reason to destroy some part of ANGAM ex- "ANGAM PIMBILLA") and also they look for well disciplined ppls within a family to teach this art. and they never show this martial art to anyone out side from family (so knowledge of ANGAM spoil within the family)
but other martial arts are OPEN comparing to ANGAM. Karate...Kungffu,Whushu ...ect are still developing.. some of them add new techniques new exercises.. Unlike ANGAM

Ex- world latest martial art is MMA (Mix Martial Art) is a combination of full contact techniques of Karate, Tai Kundo, Jeet Kundo, Jujutsu.. ect.

So that y some ppl saying modern martial arts like Whushu is better than ANGAM. But it depend i cant say world best Martial Art is ANGAM. but im follow this ART as a
my family tradition ,part of our culture, as Sri lankan Martial Art and i love it. Im not going to compare it with modern martial arts.

but the secret of become a good fighter is a practice. Follow what ever martial art u like and practice every day.

ex- imagine ur a good Kungfu fighter u practice every day and one day u fight with a black belt karate guy and he's not well trained(not well practice) and u hit him and win the fight.. because of that situation we cant say KUNGFU is better than KARATE..it depend on the person and level of his practice.

Hope u all can understand what im saying here

Thanks for ur interesting....Chanaka001

i'm sorry about that brother.... yes u r right, i wanna be a great ANGAM warrior so that i never condemn other martial arts... sorry about that again...

but brother i'm really sad about y many sinhalese dont proud of their own valueble thing(ANGAM)???

fox
04-02-2008, 06:48 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbfzcLWM1ZI&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HbfzcLWM1ZI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ANGAMPORA player demonstrating SAMANALA SELLAMA(butterfly play) its relay looks like a butterfly.

One of our super senior Athula Aiyya (Guru Karunapala's one of seniorst student) demonstrating ANGAMPORA "SAMANALA SELLAMA"

Note- This is a demonstration for Camera, actual two stick fight of ANGAM is differ than this demonstration.

This guy is practicing ANGAM more than 28 years from Guru Karunapala.

Thank You..

great work brother..... keep this up....

chanaka001
04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
This is the PM i received from Pmj
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................
Dear mr. chanaka001,
it's a great honor for me to meet you. You don't know how long I try to find qualified information about your angam / chinadi.

I'm happy to hear, that the roots of kalari and the indian styles are located in sri-lanka because my studies (based on the realy rare information in the web) aims this direction. but i don't have sureness about my position.

Are there some relations with Chastar vidja (i hope i was right with the spelling) that was a assumption to.

Is it right if I understand, that angam was given through an avatar of a god! thats an amazing new perseption.

Sorry but i have so (hope not too) much questions!

best regards pmj
.................................................. .................................................. .............................

Mr Pmj hope ur not getting angry about publishing ur PM here.

Mr pmj according to my Master and Grandfather's history knowledge about ANGAM im strongly saying this ANGAM is not given by avatar god.
According to the book "RAVANA KATHA" and story's of my grand father and Master
IRSHI PULASTHIS founder of ANGAM and DEESHIYA WEDAKAMA (not a AURVEDA) (King Ravana's Grandfather) is a "YAKSHA GOTHRIKA minisek"
He is a human with a extra ordinary brain (like Lord Budda). Meaning of IRSHI is guy with super brain. and RAVANA also human but he belongs to YAKSHA GOOTHRAYA its simple like i belong to (sinhala goothraya).

honorable ARISEN AHUBUDU saying word of "YASHKA" mean "DAKSHA" ("YAKSHAYA" = "DHAKSHYA")

and also if ur finding and researching about history of ANGAM you can find so many fact came as "JANA KATHA" (legendary) not in a written history. Also u can find about ANGAM history referring our written history (Maha wansa, Deepa Wansa, Chuula Wansa..ect) and there are loads of ancient "PUSKOLA" books written about ANGAM and ILLANGAM still in a trunks belongs to WARRIOR FAMILY'S "WALAW".
Ex- "KOTAGAMA WALAWWA"

Thank you.... Chanaka001

pmj i.
04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
dear mr. chanaka001,

thanks a lot for your effort. It's no prob about the public PM ;-).

Can you say how many generations of gurus you can count until to IRSHI PULASTHIS ...

.. or how old is a n g a m?

best regards pmj i.

chanaka001
04-03-2008, 06:56 PM
dear mr. chanaka001,

thanks a lot for your effort. It's no prob about the public PM ;-).

Can you say how many generations of gurus you can count until to IRSHI PULASTHIS ...

.. or how old is a n g a m?

best regards pmj i.

Sorry Mr pmj i cant exactly count the number of ANGAM Guru's generations IRSHI PULASTHI to present but according to our non written history ANGAM must be old more than 5000 years.

Im very happy tell this to you now we can c ppl of our generation getting interest about Emperor RAVANA and his Great "YAKSHA" Culture. They seeking and researching about our lost "GOLDEN AGE"

Mr pmj did u watch our ANGAM videos ??? and
What do u think about those videos ???

Thank you.....chanaka001

pmj i.
04-04-2008, 12:18 AM
......... more then 5000 years thats amazing! Than we speak from a long time before Vijaya comes to sri lanka. thats fine! For a long time i thought that i wouldn't see any anagam videos ! I'm fascinated showing the moves (the download was mandatory ;-) ).

A breeze of SAMANALA SELLAMA (butterfly play) I think that I've seen in some kalari videos ! About the POLLU SELLAN playing, it can be that i've seen parts in some silambam videos. If i am right can you say something about the differences?

The other technics I haven't seen in any video on the i-net.

You have to be very happy beeing a part of such a elitist cultural heritage.

best regards pmj i.

chanaka001
04-04-2008, 01:36 AM
......... more then 5000 years thats amazing! Than we speak from a long time before Vijaya comes to sri lanka. thats fine! For a long time i thought that i wouldn't see any anagam videos ! I'm fascinated showing the moves (the download was mandatory ;-) ).

A breeze of SAMANALA SELLAMA (butterfly play) I think that I've seen in some kalari videos ! About the POLLU SELLAN playing, it can be that i've seen parts in some silambam videos. If i am right can you say something about the differences?

The other technics I haven't seen in any video on the i-net.

You have to be very happy beeing a part of such a elitist cultural heritage.

best regards pmj i.

Mr pmj...

At least my Grand Father ( famous "Deeshiya Waydya" Dosthora Mudalihami Warnasuriya) believe we are inherited from YAKSHA CLAN. Not from VIJAYA, King of thief's and outlaws .

In KALARI and ANGAM there are so many things in common and also there are so many this in difference.
In SAMANALA SELLAMA of ANGAM and KALARI is same but if u have knowledge about techniques of ANGAM and KALARI you can c ANGAM fighter's foot works ("ADI MARUWA") are differ than KALARI fighter's foot works.

Same story for the SILAMBAM also. But when we talk about SILAMBAM do u know INDIAN TAMILS in SRI LANKA (located in NUWARAELIYA, HATTEN..ect) still practice SILAMBAM from generations !!!

We can find SILAMBAM techniques and CHINADI stick techniques ("POLLU SELLAN") are same in most points.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................

Before our nations freedom in 1948 following martial arts are practice in SRI LANKA

1) ANGAM (Secretly practice within the ANGAM family's)

2) CHENADI "KUPADI SELLAMA" (in that time guys who practice CHINADi is Gangsters thats y normal ppl say "KUPADI SELLAMA" to CHINADI But some high class fellow also learn this art Ex- Sir JOHN KOTHALAWALA, ROBERT GUNAWARDANA, D.S.SENANAYAKA)

3) JAWSAN "JAWSAN NATUM" (Sorry readers i don't no anything about this ART but believe me this is a ancient Martial Art )

4) "MALAYADI" (Inherited from MALAY soldiers who came to SRI LANKA during Second World War)

5) SEELAMBAM (Practice by indian tamils in Sri lanka)

4) KALARI "INDIAN SELLAN" (Practice by indian tamils specialy "MALAYALI" ppl in Sri lanka)

For your knowledge besides SEELAMBAM, CHINADI, KALARI ("INDIAN SELLAN") first foreign martial art came to SRI LANKA is KATARE (in 1960's Pioneers of SRI LANKAN KARATE Dr BONNY ROBERT, Master LEVEERA, Master WELGAMA)

Thank you...............chanaka001

suspect
04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
thanks for da info

BLACKLIST_MEMBER
04-04-2008, 02:29 AM
tnx 4 da in4

pmj i.
04-04-2008, 02:34 AM
sorry chanaka001 but what means SAMANALA SELLAMA?

fox
04-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Mr pmj...

At least my Grand Father ( famous "Deeshiya Waydya" Dosthora Mudalihami Warnasuriya) believe we are inherited from YAKSHA CLAN. Not from VIJAYA, King of thief's and outlaws .

In KALARI and ANGAM there are so many things in common and also there are so many this in difference.
In SAMANALA SELLAMA of ANGAM and KALARI is same but if u have knowledge about techniques of ANGAM and KALARI you can c ANGAM fighter's foot works ("ADI MARUWA") are differ than KALARI fighter's foot works.

Same story for the SILAMBAM also. But when we talk about SILAMBAM do u know INDIAN TAMILS in SRI LANKA (located in NUWARAELIYA, HATTEN..ect) still practice SILAMBAM from generations !!!

We can find SILAMBAM techniques and CHINADI stick techniques ("POLLU SELLAN") are same in most points.

Before our nations freedom in 1948 following martial arts are practice in SRI LANKA

1) ANGAM (Secretly practice within the ANGAM family's)

2) CHENADI "KUPADI SELLAMA" (in that time guys who practice CHINADi is Gangsters thats y normal ppl say "KUPADI SELLAMA" to CHINADI But some high class fellow also learn this art Ex- Sir JOHN KOTHALAWALA, ROBERT GUNAWARDANA, D.S.SENANAYAKA)

3) JAWSAN "JAWSAN NATUM" (Sorry readers i don't no anything about this ART but believe me this is a ancient Martial Art )

4) "MALAYADI" (Inherited from MALAY soldiers who came to SRI LANKA during Second World War)

5) SEELAMBAM (Practice by indian tamils in Sri lanka)

4) KALARI "INDIAN SELLAN" (Practice by indian tamils specialy "MALAYALI" ppl in Sri lanka)

For your knowledge besides SEELAMBAM, CHINADI, KALARI ("INDIAN SELLAN") first foreign martial art came to SRI LANKA is KATARE (in 1960's Pioneers of SRI LANKAN KARATE Dr BONNY ROBERT, Master LEVEERA, Master WELGAMA)

Thank you...............chanaka001 wow bro..... matath godaaaak dewal dana ganna labuna me thread eka nisa....

hemalmenaka
04-04-2008, 09:11 AM
ammatasiri, angampora maara porakne!
thanks for sharing, nice post

chanaka001
04-04-2008, 09:32 AM
sorry chanaka001 but what means SAMANALA SELLAMA?

"SAMANALA SELLAMA" (Butterfly play), (i dont no what they call in KALARI) is a ANGAMPORA Fight demonstration doing with two long sticks. Its look like a flying butterfly ("SAMANALAYEK PIYAMBANAWA WAGE") thats y it call as "SAMANALA SELLAMA"

VIDEO of "SAMANALA SELLAMA"

Thank you........chanaka001

pmj i.
04-05-2008, 10:39 PM
because of "SAMANALA SELLAMA butterfly play is a translation or the meaning right?

greetings pmj i.

ywicky
04-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Wow sira!

tharuksha123
04-05-2008, 10:43 PM
ammatasi.

chanaka001
04-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Guys and gurls

If you have any questions regarding my previous posts or "ANGAMPORA"

According to my knowledge Im happy to answer your questions !!!

:) :) :)

Thank you..............Chanaka001

chanaka001
04-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Guys and gurls

I got the another ANGAM video from YOUTUBE. but im not the uploader of the video.

Master in this video is GRATION FERNANDO and he's live in MORATUWA.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vRC24Mg3boo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vRC24Mg3boo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thank you.........................................chanak a001

pmj i.
04-10-2008, 01:32 AM
that's really cool stuff. if there exists further videos, put them in!

2 questions (at this point of time ;-) ):

can someone tell something about the basic foot movements of angam?

can someone create and share mp3s with geta bera drums. You know -> about the real feeling, if we talk about angam in this thread !!! ;-)

best regards pmj i.

buva
04-10-2008, 02:17 AM
thank you

chanaka001
04-11-2008, 12:34 PM
that's really cool stuff. if there exists further videos, put them in!

2 questions (at this point of time ;-) ):

can someone tell something about the basic foot movements of angam?

can someone create and share mp3s with geta bera drums. You know -> about the real feeling, if we talk about angam in this thread !!! ;-)

best regards pmj i.

Hi Mr pmj,

I can tell you about the basic foot movements of ANGAM but i don't think u can understand because its bit complicated (and it comes with lot of "sinhala words" first i have to translate those "sinhala" words to proper ENGLISH) . i'll try to upload a video showing basic foot movements.

i think you heard the background music of my ANGAM videos (no the last one) it is a traditional drum using for ANGAM. It call as "RANA BERA" its similar to "GATA BERAYA" if you really want to hear "GATA BERAYA" i can upload some mp3 files of "GATA BERA MUSIC"

Thank you............................................... ...........chanaka001

accessuser
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
ashaaa maruneee

pmj i.
04-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi chanaka001,
thanks for the nfo.

Sure, if it's not a big effort for you, I'm really interested to hear the "GATA BERA" drums.

Is it right, that you use the drums in your prcatice sessions to be a entity with your movements?

Has Angam some kind of fighting technics to fight from the ground?

best regards pmj i.

rav3idu
04-27-2008, 10:54 PM
ela.. igana ganna ooni

BLACK KNIGHT
04-27-2008, 11:26 PM
ELA BRO

dilrasan
04-27-2008, 11:28 PM

Man Hithnne Naha...Mokada Pitipassa paththen newei Meeke Satana Thiyenne...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :P :yes: :baffled: :nerd: :nerd: :oo: :confused:

3Rd eYe
04-28-2008, 11:32 AM
angamporata kittukaranna puluwan prayogika satan kalawakna eken minissunge kriyakaribawa wadikaranawa

champi*t
04-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Thank

madhu4gr
04-28-2008, 04:24 PM
wow fasta ne :D :D :shocked:

yazir94
04-28-2008, 04:42 PM
adamai danne!!! ela macho...thnxx!!

chanaka001
04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi chanaka001,
thanks for the nfo.

Sure, if it's not a big effort for you, I'm really interested to hear the "GATA BERA" drums.

Is it right, that you use the drums in your prcatice sessions to be a entity with your movements?

best regards pmj i.

hi pmj,

I'll upload some "GATA BERA" sounds but please keep this in your mind in a ANGAMPORA we are using "RANA BERA" also, as a background music to give some moral to ANGAM fighter. in my videos you can hear the sound of RANA BERA as background music.

Thank You...

Chanaka001

chanaka001
04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
angamporata kittukaranna puluwan prayogika satan kalawakna eken minissunge kriyakaribawa wadikaranawa

Mr 3Rd Eye,

Its not right to think like that way (angamporata kittukaranna puluwan prayogika satan kalawakna) because there are so many practical martial arts in a world ex- China di, MMA, KRAVMAGA. So please don't be narrow minded as most Sri lankans.

We can say like this ANGAMPORA is a one of best practical martial art in the world.

Hope you understand what im trying to say here. :D :D :D

Thank you......Chanaka001

chamithal
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I too love to learn.. he he...

chanaka001
04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi chanaka001,
thanks for the nfo.

best regards pmj i.

Hi pmj, and all

Ok finally i upload some mp3 files of Sri Lankan drums (GATABERA, YAK BERA..ect)

Please visit http://www.MegaShare.com/400697

password is angampora

download the file and unzip.

If you guys need some more please let me know.

Thankssss..........chanaka001 :D :D :D

pmj i.
04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi @ all,
can someone translate the last posts from dilrasan and crazy_m into english.

thx

free your mind
pmj i.

pmj i.
04-29-2008, 12:23 AM
Hi pmj, and all

Ok finally i upload some mp3 files of Sri Lankan drums (GATABERA, YAK BERA..ect)

Please visit http://www.MegaShare.com/400697

password is angampora

download the file and unzip.

If you guys need some more please let me know.

Thankssss..........chanaka001 :D :D :D

Cool stuff realy good quality!

thanks a lot!

pmj i

dilrasan
04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi @ all,
can someone translate the last posts from dilrasan and crazy_m into english.

thx

free your mind
pmj i.

I Just Wanted to say that she desires to learn Angampora.....but only tuff girls may pass the interviewing ....and actually she is showing us her back,that's why i said that this is not a art of fighting using back....!!!!!

DO U UNdeStAnDDDDDD nOw...!!!1:dull: :rofl: :rofl: :confused: :baffled: :no:

pmj i.
04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
thanks for translation!

chanaka001
04-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Hi guys & gurls...

Please follow the link for second part of SRI LANKAN DRUMS music.

http://www.MegaShare.com/401981

Password is - angampora

Thanksss......................................Chan aka001 :D :D :D

siri24
04-30-2008, 10:49 PM
niyami,

pmj i.
05-06-2008, 09:53 PM
hi chanaka,

how deep is yoga a part of a ngam and is it comparable with indian yoga systems?

greetings pmj i.

yashan
05-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks bro..:D :D :D

asanka10
05-13-2008, 02:04 PM
wow wow maxa bang..............

icreations
05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Well this is a gr8 thred. thx hemal.. 4 the info..

xibit
05-13-2008, 02:24 PM
INTERESTING MACHAN.APITA IGENAGANNA BARIDA?

Allion86
05-13-2008, 02:30 PM
nice post machan thanx:yes:

yasiru1
05-13-2008, 02:35 PM
thankx

harsha440
05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
amooooooooooooooooo
kawooooooooooo

dimuthume
05-24-2008, 12:46 AM
[nice work...

dimuthume
05-24-2008, 12:47 AM
I think if we hide this art and only few ppl train there is no progress becoz no any others to challange!no challange no hard train ... hahahah

our young genaration should learn this art well..
first we should challange Indian kalari figters and defeate them
then to Japan
finally to China Shaolin temple defeat defeat defeat all those bald monks................
only then this angam pora from small Sri lanka will be world famous ..Many shaolin monks will come to take training classes from our karunapala master.......

ok shut up stop day dreaming. haha.....:) ) :)

dimuthume
05-24-2008, 12:53 AM
:0 :0

Aragorn
05-24-2008, 01:52 AM
thnx..!!!

manappu
05-24-2008, 03:09 AM
wowwwwww

uhox
07-14-2008, 12:21 AM
:)

let us add some more info about this Sri lankan martial art....

malshan
07-20-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRC24Mg3boo

meka balana me mage uncle .............mamath Angampora family ekakin enne mamath igena gannawa ........whole family ekatama puluwan :) :)

uhox
07-20-2008, 07:54 PM

meka balana me mage uncle .............mamath Angampora family ekakin enne mamath igena gannawa ........whole family ekatama puluwan :) :)

elakiri...
handuna geneema satutak...:)

miyuru4u
07-20-2008, 07:56 PM
wow marai neda?

malshan
07-20-2008, 07:57 PM
elakiri...
handuna geneema satutak...:)

nysh 2 meet u 2

sutherland.g.m
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
thanks bro...

bundy123
07-20-2008, 08:50 PM
thx for sharing

N@rUT0
07-20-2008, 08:57 PM
hm..

magichashan
09-22-2008, 11:13 PM
ok mata igana ganna one ,,, mama thread ekama read kara

hemalsilva
09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
ok mata igana ganna one ,,, mama thread ekama read kara

EHENAM EKE THIYENA CLASS EKATA YANNA.GIHIN MATATH TIKAK UGANNANNA :D

sherlock
09-22-2008, 11:17 PM
thanx 4 info macho

magichashan
09-22-2008, 11:35 PM
lol

pmj i.
10-17-2008, 01:34 AM
Hey whats up here.

There are so many entries, but on the last pages i miss the information contents.

Can we start again speaking about angam, the great ancient martial art and a real living heritage of the amazing culture of sri lanka. Hey guys spend some respect ;-)

Best whishes
pmj i.

rith
10-17-2008, 04:12 AM

Y not we support our own stuff..

chanaka001
01-10-2009, 01:22 PM
2009 is a very special year.
Mr pmj ( MUO THAI Instructor of GERMANY) is coming to SL to learn basic of ANGAM PORA (traditional weapon training and unarmed combat) from true ANGAM GURU "GINIHALUGE KARUNAPALA"s ANGAM MADUWA.

Ur are WELCOME to SRI LANKA

This is the first step of presenting our ANCIENT MARTIAL ART TO WORLD !!!

chanaka001

tncsys
01-14-2009, 09:28 AM
thx machan

crazycombo
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
nice!!!!

sasirox
01-14-2009, 10:01 AM
nice post......!

kasundamighty
01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
shaaa sri lankawatha maru naeee

chanaka001
02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Guys and gurls visit this blog and comment what u think.. (its a sinhala blog about ANGAMPORA)

http://angampora.blogspot.com/

thank u..

Chanaka001

chint
02-06-2009, 02:23 PM
marai thankx

chanaka001
02-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Guys and gurls i invite u to read
http://angampora.blogspot.com blog and add what u think about ANGAMPORA and give me a comments about this blog. im trying to update the blog twice a week. (its very hard to type from "Sinhala" hehe.. and im very busy these days)

:D :D :D

Thank U

Chanaka001

Lankabaya
02-07-2009, 11:22 AM
elakiri machan ........................:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

UR1
02-07-2009, 11:29 AM
thnax 4d info....

gayancc
02-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Thnx 4de info

chanaka001
10-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi Guys after long time.

Last month Our thread member pmj (Olive Herrmann) Germany came to Sri lanka to learn ANGAMPORA from Guru KARUNAPALA and he learn Basic ANGAM full time (12 hours a day) whole month (30 days).

He's a success MUAI THAI (Thai Kick boxing) and MMA (Mix Martial Art) instructor of Germany. He came all the way to Sri Lanka to learn this amazing art from ANGAM guru G. Karunapala.

He's coming back in January with another 5 of his students who loves ANGAM.

This is our first step to present this amazing martial art to world...

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090821078

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090821373

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090821864

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090821881

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090825221

anumax
10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Great post!:lol::lol:

pmj i.
11-03-2009, 02:05 AM
2009 is a very special year.
Mr pmj ( MUO THAI Instructor of GERMANY) is coming to SL to learn basic of ANGAM PORA (traditional weapon training and unarmed combat) from true ANGAM GURU "GINIHALUGE KARUNAPALA"s ANGAM MADUWA.

Ur are WELCOME to SRI LANKA

This is the first step of presenting our ANCIENT MARTIAL ART TO WORLD !!!

chanaka001

Hi angam loving guys, I'm proud to tell you that I was in Sri Lanka these august and learned Angampora from the great guru G. Karunapala.

I thank all the students and chanaka001 for making me that gift.

pmj i.
11-23-2009, 11:15 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angampora_de/4069471021/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angampora_de/4070096740/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angampora_de/4069339399/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angampora_de/4070097094/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/angampora_de/4069339141/

asfersfm
11-24-2009, 04:53 AM
Did your mother or father register with the Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SLBFE) before leaving for employment overseas?

For 25 students who obtain the highest district-wise marks at the 2010 Year 5 Scholarship Examination, the SLBFE has arranged a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of an overseas educational trip if their mother or father is employed overseas.

http://helpuss.blogspot.com (http://helpuss.blogspot.com)

කිරි පුතා
12-22-2009, 11:35 PM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3938/2ivb78hjpg.gif

idminstitute
12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
http://www.elakiri.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=591&pictureid=2088 (http://www.000webhost.com/217531.html)

angampora
09-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Guys,

I just don't understand the phrase "with heavy influence from Indian martial arts". This art goes back to more than 30000 years back. The beginning of the art is beyond history records and the most ancient record of a person who practiced this art is called "Kataragama Mahasen" before 33000 years. This is not something came from Indian Tamil Mercenaries. This was practiced in Sri Lanka even before King Ravana. Ravana is not a ancestor of Indians. He was a Yakka.

If anyone need to read more on this Traditional Sinhalese Martial Art please read the following blog which will show all the truth.

http://angamhoru.blogspot.com/

rwnfrnnd
10-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Guys,

I just don't understand the phrase "with heavy influence from Indian martial arts". This art goes back to more than 30000 years back. The beginning of the art is beyond history records and the most ancient record of a person who practiced this art is called "Kataragama Mahasen" before 33000 years. This is not something came from Indian Tamil Mercenaries. This was practiced in Sri Lanka even before King Ravana. Ravana is not a ancestor of Indians. He was a Yakka.

If anyone need to read more on this Traditional Sinhalese Martial Art please read the following blog which will show all the truth.

http://angamhoru.blogspot.com/

I agree with you. There are lot of areas that we have influenced from the Indians. However, it doesn't mean we should believe that we have had nothing of our own.

BTW, that's a great blog mate, keep up the good work. Are you a martial arts guru or just a fan? :D

This thread holder is not doing a bad thing either. It's important to brought up these great traditional arts to the new generation's interest.

chanaka001
10-02-2010, 06:43 PM
to whoever creator of "http://angamhoru.blogspot.com/"

බල්ලන් බිරුවාට තවලම් නවතීද?

මම කරුණාපාල ගුරුතුමාට ගරු කරන එතුමා ගේ ගෝලයෙක්මි.
ඔබතුමන්ලා සම්බන්ධයෙන් ඇති කණගාටුදායක කරුණනම් ඔබලා සියලු චෝදනා නිර්ණාමිකව ඉදිරිපත් කිරීමය.

ඔබ හඳුන්වාගන්නා ආකාරයට ඔබලා ඔතරම් සුපිරිසිදු අංගංපොර සටන්කරුවන් නම් සටන්කරුවන් යන නාමයට නිගරු නොකොට ඉදිරියට පැමින තම අනන්‍යතාවය හෙලිකරන මෙන් කරුණිකව ඉල්ලා සිටිමි.

එමෙන්ම කරුණාපාල ගුරුන්නාන්සේ ප්‍රමුඛ කෝට්ටේ අංගම්මඩුව ලංකාවේ ඔබලා කියනා ඕනෑම තැනකට පැමින ඔබලා සමග තරගයට අංගම්පොර හරඹ ඉලංගම්පොර හරඹ දැක්වීමට සූදානම් බවද දන්වනු කැමැත්තෙමි... එමෙන්ම

බැද්දගානේ සුගතං හා ජුලියස් පෙරේරා යනු දෙදෙනෙක් බව පවසා බව ඔබගේ නොදැනුවත්කම ප්‍රදර්ශනය කිරීමෙන්ම කරුණාපාල ගුරුතුමා ගැන ඔබගේ පර්යේෂණය (research) මැනගත හැක...

rwnfrnnd
10-02-2010, 11:16 PM
^^ mala. :shocked:

chanaka001
10-03-2010, 04:20 PM
hahaha....

that's funny now angamhoru.blogspot.com is only for invited readers ..:lol: :lol:

chanaka001
10-04-2010, 07:21 PM
hahaha....

that's funny now angamhoru.blogspot.com is only for invited readers ..:lol: :lol:

that's good you make angamhoru.blogspot to view everybody again..

samanale
10-04-2010, 07:39 PM
smthing good

angampora
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
I agree with you. There are lot of areas that we have influenced from the Indians. However, it doesn't mean we should believe that we have had nothing of our own.

BTW, that's a great blog mate, keep up the good work. Are you a martial arts guru or just a fan? :D

This thread holder is not doing a bad thing either. It's important to brought up these great traditional arts to the new generation's interest.
Thanks for your comment and interest on Angamhoru blog.

It seems that most of people misunderstood that we are angampora guru or practitioners. We are Real Sinhalese who loves this country, it's history and traditions.

On the other hand, Angampora practiced people do have great discipline to control themselves and they do not fight back for their own good or self defense. Angampora is for protecting the country, nation and religion only. But I do not see that great discipline among who called themselves as Angampora guys in this thread.

We understand that we may have mentioned things which will directly affect on famous fake angampora fighters. If you have proofs that you guys are real angampora people (According to our guidelines), please send them to us and that will help us to keep up.

Again thanks for every comments.

chanaka001
11-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Bitter Truth

News paper cuttings from Sunday 07/11/2010 Silumina - Rasanduna news paper (Page 06)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55847113@N06/5168484149/

fox
11-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks for your comment and interest on Angamhoru blog.

It seems that most of people misunderstood that we are angampora guru or practitioners. We are Real Sinhalese who loves this country, it's history and traditions.

On the other hand, Angampora practiced people do have great discipline to control themselves and they do not fight back for their own good or self defense. Angampora is for protecting the country, nation and religion only. But I do not see that great discipline among who called themselves as Angampora guys in this thread.

We understand that we may have mentioned things which will directly affect on famous fake angampora fighters. If you have proofs that you guys are real angampora people (According to our guidelines), please send them to us and that will help us to keep up.

Again thanks for every comments.
if a worrior doesnt protect him self against enemies so how come he protects the country and the nation???

angampora
12-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Fox's question is reasonable. But, if it's not the real time, an Angampora fighter will not fight back. [Take the example of King Sigiri Kashyapa] It's not a problem whether he act or not, but it's called "great discipline". Any well practiced martial artist is like that in practical world.

Anyway angampora fighter has a hierarchy of consideration for act or not to act. That is First Country, Second Sinhala Nation, Third Religion and the forth is Self Defense. If first three will not conflict only, he/she is allowed to fight back for his own good.

Other thing is if a real Angampora artist is always trying to fight just as a gangster, more people will die for nothing. Cos Angampora is very hard fighting system where the opponent may die or disabled in most of times.

kickmeo
12-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Rep

hemalsilva
01-04-2011, 12:13 AM
http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/01.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/02.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/03.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/04.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/05.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/06.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/07.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/08.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/09.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/10.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/11.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/12.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/13.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/14.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/15.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/16.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/17.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/18.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/19.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/20.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/21.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/22.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/23.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/24.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/25.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/26.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/27.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/28.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/29.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/30.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/35.jpg

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/images/32.jpg

hemalsilva
01-04-2011, 12:15 AM
READ THIS

http://www.lankadeepa.lk/Section/apeurumaya/16092010/temp01.htm

Legacy_Kane
01-06-2011, 01:35 AM
tope top niyama post eka

kethal
01-06-2011, 01:37 PM
This one is really great art.. But I can't understand your language.. This will be good if you use English Language..

[D]ark Hacker
01-08-2011, 07:17 PM
ela ela

everanju
08-02-2012, 02:49 AM
Angam the movie : http://youtu.be/tSx1YWa4Uk4?hd=1

මෙම නිර්මාණ‍ය සිවි හෙළයේ ආත්මාරක්ෂක හටන් කලාව හෙවත් අංගම් පොර පිළිබදව කෙරෙන්නා වූ ගවේශනාත්මක සිනමා කෘතියකි. පැරණි හෙළ ජන වහර මෙන්ම පුරා විද්‍යාත්මක සාධක ද පදනම් කරගනිමින් සිදුකෙරෙන මෙම සිනමා පටය මගින් අංගම් ශිල්පය. එයට එල්ලවූ බාධක. සහ ඒවා මැඩපවත්වා ගනිමින් අපගේ පැරණි අංගම් ශිල්පීන් මෙම වටිනා කලාව ඉදිරි පරම්පරා වෙත ගෙන ආ අයුරුත් මෙම ශිල්‍පයේ අනාගතය කෙබදු වේදැයි යන කරුණුත් කතිකාවට ලක් කරනු ලබයි.

‍අද වන විට මෙම ශිල්පය සිය සිසු පරපුරට දායාද කර දෙමින් එයින්ද නොනැවතී මෙරටට ආවේනීක මෙම හටන් ශිල්පය ජාත්‍යන්තරයට ගෙනයමින් ජාත්‍යන්තරයේ හෙළංකේය සටන් සළකුණ තැබූ පාරම්පරික හටන් ශිල්පීන් පසුබිම් කරගන්මින් මෙම සිනමා පටය නිර්මාණය කර ඇත. මෙරට පුරාවිද්‍යා ඉතිහාසයේ මග සලකුණු ගණනාවක් තැබූ ජේශ්ඨ පුරා විද්‍යා‍ උපදේශක ආචාර්ය ශිරාන් දැරණියගල මහතා සිය දායකත්වය මෙම නිර්මාණය සදහා ලබාදී ඇත. මෙහි නිෂ්පාදන කටයුතු සම්පුර්ණයෙන්ම සිදුකරනු ලැබූවේ Panasinic HD camcorder වර්ගයේ කැමරාවක්, සාමාන්‍ය Laptop සහ Desktop පරිගණක භාවිතයෙනි. සීමිත තාක්ෂණික සහ මූල්‍ය සම්පත් උපයෝගී කරගනිමින් සිදුකළ මෙම නිර්මාණය හුදෙක් මෙයට සම්බන්ධ වූ පිරිසගේ තිර අදිටනත්, නොපසුබට උත්සාහයත් හිතමිතුරන්ගෙන් ලැබුන නොමද සහයත් මතම සිදුකරනු ලැබූවක් බව පැවසිය යුතුමයි. මෙම චිත්‍රපටය සඳහා දරු මුළු නිෂ්පාදන වියදම දලවශයෙන් රුපියල් 10,000 ක් පමණ විය.

The film will take you through an untold story of the origin of Angam, along with the evolution of Sri Lankans through traditional folk stories of locals and scientific findings of archeologists. It will also give you an overview of how Angam has survived up till today and what will be its' future.

The film unravels around a group who practices and teaches Angampora and how they have spread this unique martial art form in to far corners of the world, ensuring its' presence in the international arena. Renowned archaeologist & former head of Archaeology Department of Sri Lanka, Dr. Shiran Deraniyagala, is featured in this film, contributing valuable scientific findings on the origin of Sri Lankans.

"Angam" documentary film was produced under very tight or no financial backup and very limited technical resources. Though these factors resulted few limitations in terms of the scope of the film, the film makers have managed to achieve greater results with available resources. The entire project was filmed by an HD Panasonic camcorder and edited on home PC's and Laptops. It was the film teams' high enthusiasm, the "never-say-die" attitude and every form of encouragement of our friends which enabled the near-impossible to be a reality and end up with an documentary film of this scale. The total production budget of this movie was approximately 100 USD.

absolutel
08-02-2012, 06:37 AM
GREAT

danlix
08-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Great

hemalsilva
02-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Hi Guys after long time.

Last month Our thread member pmj (Olive Herrmann) Germany came to Sri lanka to learn ANGAMPORA from Guru KARUNAPALA and he learn Basic ANGAM full time (12 hours a day) whole month (30 days).

He's a success MUAI THAI (Thai Kick boxing) and MMA (Mix Martial Art) instructor of Germany. He came all the way to Sri Lanka to learn this amazing art from ANGAM guru G. Karunapala.

He's coming back in January with another 5 of his students who loves ANGAM.

This is our first step to present this amazing martial art to world...

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090821078

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090821373

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090821864

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090821881

http://www.picscrazy.com/view/20090825221

GOOD :yes::yes: KEEP IT UP :cool::cool::cool: