PDA

View Full Version : How is the connection speed in slt ADSL

rukshankb
06-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi to all
This is very important to ADSL users in slt.Nowadays they distribute many connection rapidly.It's very good news for sri lanka.But the quality is not increased as the distribution.So every connections are slow down.Sometimes it's like a Dial Up connection.
By default SLT should provide a 510 kbps data stream connection.If you see a low speed in your connenction.Then we can take an action to setup default connection.

Regards

shalinda
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
ya true ban. what should v do????

heshan123
06-29-2007, 01:01 PM
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

sandun_kg
06-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Man!!i thought ADSL was very fast...

thirucumaran
06-29-2007, 05:04 PM
^ Ya, ADSL is supposed to be fast, but, of late, I have felt that internet has slowed down from abt 10 in the morning till about 9 in the night!

I think whoever is experiencing a problem should get together (including me) and work out a way to tackle this with SLT!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

blood_brotha
06-29-2007, 05:07 PM
yep now i cant stream u tube even at 6 in the Evening..

samiram
06-29-2007, 05:09 PM
yup... Me toooo... :angry:

Around 250kbps in day time... :angry:

blood_brotha
06-29-2007, 05:10 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/147248449.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

thirucumaran
06-29-2007, 05:10 PM
^ True man, even EK is not loading as fast as it used to !!

And I was hoping to enjoy the Net after A/Lz! :(:(:(:(:(:(

blood_brotha
06-29-2007, 05:14 PM
waitin 2 see how dialog wimax would perform

samiram
06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/147252388.png

cgame
06-29-2007, 10:37 PM
i dont know abt u guys... but wen i download i get abt 50kbps -60kbps

and i agree abt utube.. cant stream it .. must have to wait...

but who am i to know.. i got adsl 2 days ago...

samiram
06-29-2007, 11:34 PM
i dont know abt u guys... but wen i download i get abt 50kbps -60kbps

and i agree abt utube.. cant stream it .. must have to wait...

but who am i to know.. i got adsl 2 days ago...

Machan 50kbps or 50KBps...(note the capitals)
if your getting 50KBps...
nothing to worry about..
:D

Tissaka
06-29-2007, 11:42 PM
^ Ya, ADSL is supposed to be fast, but, of late, I have felt that internet has slowed down from abt 10 in the morning till about 9 in the night!

I think whoever is experiencing a problem should get together (including me) and work out a way to tackle this with SLT!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Tissaka
06-29-2007, 11:43 PM
yep now i cant stream u tube even at 6 in the Evening..
:yes: :yes: :yes:

nAPs2JAAN
06-30-2007, 12:31 AM
:yes: :yes: :confused: :confused: :confused: hw?

GTRZ
06-30-2007, 12:56 AM
nothing to worry about..

If you talkig about 512Kbps connection, I think all will get over 50KBps with download managers or accelerators. Which uses the split file(multi thread) download tech, but in the day time browsing and single thread download get really slow.

cgame
06-30-2007, 01:02 AM
nothing to worry about..

lol... i know man.. sorry my mistake

samiram
06-30-2007, 01:06 AM
If you talkig about 512Kbps connection, I think all will get over 50KBps with download managers or accelerators. Which uses the split file(multi thread) download tech, but in the day time browsing and single thread download get really slow.

yup... thats true.... :yes: :yes: :yes:

samiram
06-30-2007, 01:08 AM
lol... i know man.. sorry my mistake

:lol:
Eka thamay math baluwe..
50kbps download speed eka nam slt eka kanna onee ...:D

rukshankb
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
this is a serious problem for some slt users in kandy,colombo.Because nowadays slt distributes many connections without improving the quality,bandwidth,ip range.
They use a small range of ip address.Some times get a connection is difficult at day time.
Some users get low data stream as 195,225 kbps.....
what we can do?.We can organize and take some action!!!
please contact ****************
ragards

Sriwi
07-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Yap I get only about 70Kbps! Most of the time.

GTRZ
07-01-2007, 05:51 PM
this is a serious problem for some slt users in kandy,colombo.Because nowadays slt distributes many connections without improving the quality,bandwidth,ip range.
They use a small range of ip address.Some times get a connection is difficult at day time.
Some users get low data stream as 195,225 kbps.....
what we can do?.We can organize and take some action!!!
please contact ****************
ragards

I think you can organize it here bro. We are not allowing to take people out side of elakiri. Because many do it in a way to spam, promote there content, sites and blogs etc..and get traffic. You may be not like that but its our policy machan. Do what ever you like in here. But don’t ask people to contact in other ways. :yes:
I think you already know it, coz I told you not to post your blogs and sites in here. Just told it like a guide to others too. :yes:

GTRZ
07-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Yap I get only about 70Kbps! Most of the time.

You on SLT ADSL home? that means 512Kbps connection?

You get 70KBps or Kbps?
tell me where you see that 70?

kumarasiri
07-01-2007, 05:57 PM
You on SLT ADSL home? that means 512Kbps connection?

You get 70KBps or Kbps?
tell me where you see that 70?

Why? Even I have more than 70kbps......

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

but not in windows.... In ubuntu......

GTRZ
07-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Why? Even I have more than 70kbps......

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

but not in windows.... In ubuntu......

i'm talking about 70KBps not kbps bro. ubantu or windows you cant get steady speed of 70KBps from a 512kbps ADSL. Max from theory around 64KBps.
But normaly its around 58KBps..

kumarasiri
07-01-2007, 06:20 PM
i'm talking about 70KBps not kbps bro. ubantu or windows you cant get steady speed of 70KBps from a 512kbps ADSL. Max from theory around 64KBps.

KB or kb..... whatever ayye.... but it shows 70kpbs on a download @ ubuntu.....
In windows maximum is 50..... ADSL speed in ubuntu is way better than windows...

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

eekai mama kalin kiwwe.....

sanjaya
07-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Reason for ADSL slow i think this read full artical :

Many users of SLT ADSL complain about the connections slowing down to a crawl and even timeouts when browsing. I also ran into the same situation and tracked it down to a problem with Sri Lanka Telecom's DNS servers.

Two of their servers '203.115.0.1' and '203.115.0.18' sometimes stop responding completely and you cannot even ping them. The solution then is to use an external DNS server. Many of the other ISP in Sri Lanka have forgotten to block ports on the DNS servers and virtually anyone can use their DNS servers.

You shouldn't be suprised by this lack of attention to details, quite often you see so called sysadmins from Sri Lankan ISPs/Telecos asking elementary questions in mailing lists.

A more sophisticated solution than using a third party DNS server is to set up your own. daemontools obviously would be the first choice. When setting up however, I ran into a small problem.
/usr/bin/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches non-TLS reference in envdir.o /lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is apparently a variation of the old errno problem on Fedora/Redhat. Apprently it's changed it's tune for Fedora 4. netqmail has an errno.path for both ucspi and daemontools (it's only one line). Apply it and compile again. Things will go smoothly.

It's only after you have installed both daemontools and ucspi that you can install djbdns. The follow the instructions on Prof. DJB's site on How to run a cache on a workstation

You will find that DNS queries are slow the first time (upto 1 second) than with your old SLT DNS server (due to the djbdns security model) but subsequent queries are much faster (about 1-5 milliseconds).

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Anusha
07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
But the slow DNS resolving doesn't really explain why downloads are slow, or why pages take longer to load even after the ip address is found.

GTRZ
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
KB or kb..... whatever ayye.... but it shows 70kpbs on a download @ ubuntu.....
In windows maximum is 50..... ADSL speed in ubuntu is way better than windows...

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

eekai mama kalin kiwwe.....

na malli eka stable speed ekak nemei. oyata oya speed eka pennana software eka waradi. Oya network transfter rate eka measure karana wena 3rd party software ekak dala balanna. ethkota therei. 70 stable ganna ba mona OS ekenwath 512 connection eken.

samiram
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Machan i talk with one of my friend at slt about this... He told me that adsl is not a dedicated bandwidth connection.. So we cant except a full 512kbps connection from slt... :(

Any ideas about this...?

sanjaya
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM

Many users of SLT ADSL complain about the connections slowing down to a crawl and even timeouts when browsing. I also ran into the same situation and tracked it down to a problem with Sri Lanka Telecom's DNS servers.

Two of their servers '203.115.0.1' and '203.115.0.18' sometimes stop responding completely and you cannot even ping them. The solution then is to use an external DNS server. Many of the other ISP in Sri Lanka have forgotten to block ports on the DNS servers and virtually anyone can use their DNS servers.

You shouldn't be suprised by this lack of attention to details, quite often you see so called sysadmins from Sri Lankan ISPs/Telecos asking elementary questions in mailing lists.

A more sophisticated solution than using a third party DNS server is to set up your own. daemontools obviously would be the first choice. When setting up however, I ran into a small problem.
/usr/bin/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches non-TLS reference in envdir.o /lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is apparently a variation of the old errno problem on Fedora/Redhat. Apprently it's changed it's tune for Fedora 4. netqmail has an errno.path for both ucspi and daemontools (it's only one line). Apply it and compile again. Things will go smoothly.

It's only after you have installed both daemontools and ucspi that you can install djbdns. The follow the instructions on Prof. DJB's site on How to run a cache on a workstation

You will find that DNS queries are slow the first time (upto 1 second) than with your old SLT DNS server (due to the djbdns security model) but subsequent queries are much faster (about 1-5 milliseconds).

samiram
07-01-2007, 06:58 PM

Machan can you please explain it.... I didnt get it.... :shocked: :shocked:

sanjaya
07-01-2007, 07:02 PM

samiram
07-01-2007, 07:04 PM

Machan this is the same thing ne... :shocked: :shocked:

BlackNight
07-01-2007, 07:08 PM

Many users of SLT ADSL complain about the connections slowing down to a crawl and even timeouts when browsing. I also ran into the same situation and tracked it down to a problem with Sri Lanka Telecom's DNS servers..........

Hey dude....u r posting the same thing over and over again:yes: :lol:
Well I'm having a little problem with ADSL lately .......my connection gets disconnected automatically.......but I'm having this problem only with vista.....maybe it has something to do with my vista drivers:sorry:

sanjaya
07-01-2007, 07:11 PM
DNS=Domain Nmae Sever ekan tamai ape type karana web address eka ip ekak bawata wenas karanne ip ekantami web sever location eka hoyaganna ape web address ekaktype karapuwahama essallam eka check karanna lankawe teyana DNS eka etapasse ROOT sever lankawe eka hareyata wada nate hennda tami request time out keyala watenna

download speed eka adu wenna wedehak na 512kbps teyana ehekuta download speed eka tami 512/8= 64kb/s upare ma eath parate bit 2 aiena karapuwahame eka 62 wenawa. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

BlackNight
07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Machan i talk with one of my friend at slt about this... He told me that adsl is not a dedicated bandwidth connection.. So we cant except a full 512kbps connection from slt... :(

Any ideas about this...?

Yeah that's true...ADSL is not a dedicated connection.......but still u should get a reasonable speed no.......otherwise no point paying for ADSL.
By the way new 1000 package is a 512 kbps dedicated connection

Gavindu
07-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Im from piliyandala. and im also using 512Kbps line and paying 2580rupees, so talking abt my ADSL connetion, Sometimes i feels like that im using T1 line, like 2000Kbps, Dam speed. Kiyanna bari tharam hondata speed akathiyanawa. Talking abt Torrent download speed, dam good feels like 56Kbps. Cool know think when im downloading 350Mb file, it will take 5Weeks. Cool, i made 4 calls to slt and i think they still doing it. Well i will tell u abt another friend who has the ASDL connection, Hes @ Katubaddha and he can download 350Mbs within 1.30hrs, another friend from kandy 350Mbs within 1.30hrs.

i change my telephone wire to Coxial cable too. i dnt know whats wrong with SLT ADSL connection now.

Well test ur Speed from this site www.speedtest.net this is cool. Im getting 200Kbs speed, but im using 512Kbps line.

this is cool Dialog going to Implement wimax, thats cool, cz that is dam speed, wimax is popular in sogapore, it can cover 70Kms from a One tower. :) then good luck SLT.

hul2000
07-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm having the same problems. I only get about 20 KBps download speed. Is there anything we can do?

saraprobe
07-01-2007, 07:20 PM
In Australia Telco says they provide 512 but it's only range between 260 to 512/ Unless they deliver Fiber to Nod technology/ So it's no wonder about sri lanka:yes:

Gavindu
07-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Ya slt they have forgot to bloc some ips from their servers and some pcs also, u all can see how many servers onlie and how many pcs also, Good luck. even sometimes u can see ur owndetais from the stl main server, dot change anything they keep trach on us. lol

BlackNight
07-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Im from piliyandala. and im also using 512Kbps line and paying 2580rupees, so talking abt my ADSL connetion, Sometimes i feels like that im using T1 line, like 2000Kbps, Dam speed. Kiyanna bari tharam hondata speed akathiyanawa. Talking abt Torrent download speed, dam good feels like 56Kbps. Cool know think when im downloading 350Mb file, it will take 5Weeks. Cool, i made 4 calls to slt and i think they still doing it. Well i will tell u abt another friend who has the ASDL connection, Hes @ Katubaddha and he can download 350Mbs within 1.30hrs, another friend from kandy 350Mbs within 1.30hrs.

i change my telephone wire to Coxial cable too. i dnt know whats wrong with SLT ADSL connection now.

Well test ur Speed from this site www.speedtest.net this is cool. Im getting 200Kbs speed, but im using 512Kbps line.

this is cool Dialog going to Implement wimax, thats cool, cz that is dam speed, wimax is popular in sogapore, it can cover 70Kms from a One tower. :) then good luck SLT.

:shocked: If ur download speed is 56kbps then u hav a serious problem.......its like a dial up connection ne......but when u r talking about torrents speed depends on the number of seeds and peers.....any way u should get at least 30-40KBps with 512k connection:yes:

hul2000
07-01-2007, 07:26 PM
I have complained to SLT about the low speed. They came and changed something in my network settings. When I ask they said they changed my Encapsulation. I don't know what it is. Anyway it didn't help.

Gavindu
07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I can gv u a software that can BOOST UP the TOrrent downloads, past weeks i was writing to Forums also, Elakiri, finally i found it, But use this µTorrent 1.6.1 Standalone (170 kB), and to me port forwarding is not working, im using a router, but sometimes its works for Bear. Use this software to boost up Bear downloadsBearShare Ultra Accelerator 3.1, its works with the Lan cable, not with the usbs. try it Enjoy

hul2000
07-01-2007, 07:29 PM
I can gv u a software that can BOOST UP the TOrrent downloads, past weeks i was writing to Forums also, Elakiri, finally i found it, But use this µTorrent 1.6.1 Standalone (170 kB), and to me port forwarding is not working, im using a router, but sometimes its works for Bear. Use this software to boost up Bear downloadsBearShare Ultra Accelerator 3.1, its works with the Lan cable, not with the usbs. try it Enjoy

Where can you get this software?

virtualzin
07-01-2007, 07:31 PM
im also having problem with da sltadsl, using a home express, its going to max of 57 KB/s, but only bet evening 6 - morning 7, some times da connection does not disconnect but the data dont sent or recevies, donno whats happening

BlackNight
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
im also having problem with da sltadsl, using a home express, its going to max of 57 KB/s, but only bet evening 6 - morning 7, some times da connection does not disconnect but the data dont sent or recevies, donno whats happening

R u using Vista??

hul2000
07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
SLT gets server errors at least once a week. Some times our password wont get authenticated and some times we cant brows web pages even if we connect. And some times the connection gets disconnected automatically.

virtualzin
07-01-2007, 07:36 PM
R u using Vista??

No, Windows Xp SP2

dhanushka7171
07-01-2007, 07:38 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/148175201.png

dhanushka7171
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/148175201.png (http://www.speedtest.net/result/148175201.png)

dhanushka7171
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
yaa machan Its very slow........We must get fr action

anuja
07-01-2007, 07:44 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/148177332.png

Im using 512kbps SLT ADSL Connection

virtualzin
07-01-2007, 07:52 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/148179580.png

BlackNight
07-01-2007, 07:57 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/148180861.png

Gomida
07-01-2007, 08:00 PM
onna mage eka :lol:

hondaida balanna

http://www.speedtest.net/result/148182183.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

hul2000
07-01-2007, 08:04 PM
My Speed

http://www.speedtest.net/result/148183270.png

Gavindu
07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
This is my connection speed 2007.07.01 @1.00am,

http://www.speedtest.net/result/148286918.png

Gavindu
07-02-2007, 01:37 AM

hondaida balanna

Ur connetion speed is good, where do u stay, and speed is depends on where we are live and what ar the softwares that we are using when we checking our connection speed, like chat programs will effect.

blood_brotha
07-02-2007, 02:48 AM
DONT TRY THE MALE SERVER.. LAME LATENCY 650 ms thats weak.. it should be atleast at the 130-150 range.. reply time eka wedi wela wedak ne bandwidth thibbath

blood_brotha
07-02-2007, 02:48 AM
TRY THE PENANG SERVER

blood_brotha
07-02-2007, 02:50 AM

around 58??? r u kidding me. the best its hardy goes over 54... the best i got was 60 KBPS at 2.30 in th mornin with 1000+ peers at a torrent...

Gavindu
07-02-2007, 03:03 AM
Ohh thats dam good, have u done the Port open thing, i mean in windows xp have some ports, we have to open them, its not the firewall or portforwarding.

hul2000
07-02-2007, 01:03 PM
So, what are we going to do about the low ADSL speed

Gomida
07-02-2007, 06:08 PM

hondaida balanna

Ur connetion speed is good, where do u stay, and speed is depends on where we are live and what ar the softwares that we are using when we checking our connection speed, like chat programs will effect.

At Nugegoda .. man hithanne Nugegoda, Maharagama, Colombo 01 wage places wala connection speed eka hondai :yes:

Gomida
07-02-2007, 06:18 PM
DONT TRY THE MALE SERVER.. LAME LATENCY 650 ms thats weak.. it should be atleast at the 130-150 range.. reply time eka wedi wela wedak ne bandwidth thibbath
TRY THE PENANG SERVER

Penang server eken iita wada godaak adui .. aneka server eka dura wadyi ne :lol:

Heshanck93
07-02-2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/148555232.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

rukshankb
07-02-2007, 07:47 PM
I know every one don't have this problem.I heard some users get a connection has 70 kbps.Normally it should around 510 kbps.I have a 55 kb/s download speed when the downstream has a value around 510 kbps.
I saw some one get that speed.(Some one not taken).We don't want a connection like dial-up in ADSl.Because we pay much for slt.So slt should get the responsibility to improve the bandwidth of lines,IP range.
That's why nowadays many dial-up users are disconnected many times.because slt use same ip range for every customers.(124.43.xxx.xxx).
Any way we can report this to slt about the situation of connection speed.

Dan01
07-02-2007, 07:56 PM
macho wimax ena eka pahu vei, but LECO eke BPLC nam langadima ei

samiram
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
macho wimax ena eka pahu vei, but LECO eke BPLC nam langadima ei

Machan what is BPLC means... A new kind of broadband connection.. ?

Gomida
07-02-2007, 10:22 PM
2007.07.02 22:22 pm

http://www.speedtest.net/result/148660386.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

kepu
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
512 ADSL tranfer rate around 30-60 kbps ( Not with accelators ) in Matale ......... :( :( :(

Gomida
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Low ADSL speed thiyena ayata eka area basis prashnayak wenna ba kiyala hithenawanam hari , ADSL 1000 package eke inna ayata 1Gb limit eken thawa 1Mb ekak hari save karaganna widi tikak onna

1. Telephone wire eka (from outlet to ur computer) maarukaranna .. honda wire ekak daanna .. puluwan tharam kota karanna :yes:

2. Spyware, Adware, Download trojans gana balanna, AntiVirus eka update karaganna sathiyakata sarayakwath

3. [Power Users Only] Firewall ekak use karala awashyama ports tika witharak open karala aneth ewata outbound block karanna (Kaspersky AntiVirus eke mey wadey lesyi) ewagema svchost ekatath wadiya sellam daanna denna one na .. internet out wena ports deka thunata witharak allow all karala aneth ewa block all karanna

4. data send/recieve karana eka gana aha gahagena inna :yes: .. oyaage machine eka 100% perfect nam, monaawathma karanne nathuwa indiddi send:0bytes recieve:0bytes ewelaawata thiyenna one.. habai Yahoo/Live Messenger hari Skype wage systemtray eke wada nam 1-40bytes wage sarin sare ei ..

Thawa danna ewa thiyenawanam daanna :lol:

hul2000
07-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Low ADSL speed thiyena ayata eka area basis prashnayak wenna ba kiyala hithenawanam hari , ADSL 1000 package eke inna ayata 1Gb limit eken thawa 1Mb ekak hari save karaganna widi tikak onna

1. Telephone wire eka (from outlet to ur computer) maarukaranna .. honda wire ekak daanna .. puluwan tharam kota karanna :yes:

2. Spyware, Adware, Download trojans gana balanna, AntiVirus eka update karaganna sathiyakata sarayakwath

3. [Power Users Only] Firewall ekak use karala awashyama ports tika witharak open karala aneth ewata outbound block karanna (Kaspersky AntiVirus eke mey wadey lesyi) ewagema svchost ekatath wadiya sellam daanna denna one na .. internet out wena ports deka thunata witharak allow all karala aneth ewa block all karanna

4. data send/recieve karana eka gana aha gahagena inna :yes: .. oyaage machine eka 100% perfect nam, monaawathma karanne nathuwa indiddi send:0bytes recieve:0bytes ewelaawata thiyenna one.. habai Yahoo/Live Messenger hari Skype wage systemtray eke wada nam 1-40bytes wage sarin sare ei ..

Thawa danna ewa thiyenawanam daanna :lol:

will increasing the number of Maximum Half Open Connections effect the internet speed?

Crippleback
07-03-2007, 04:19 PM
yh, coz we don pay Rs 2500 for 512 kb adsl connection fr nothing

virtualzin
07-03-2007, 07:25 PM
512 ADSL tranfer rate around 30-60 kbps ( Not with accelators ) in Matale ......... :( :( :(

:yes: :yes:

GTRZ
07-03-2007, 07:55 PM
around 58??? r u kidding me. the best its hardy goes over 54... the best i got was 60 KBPS at 2.30 in th mornin with 1000+ peers at a torrent...

We may be thats coz you in Kurunagala. But in colombo you can reach 58+ with a download manager. You checked with torrents right? So how about HTTP or FTP split file downloading with IDM or such download manager?

GTRZ
07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Well guys your modems and routers show the connection speed as 512Kbps and 128kbps? I am not talking about the throughput. I am talking about the bandwidth. Does it shows like 512 and 128? Or what are the values you get?

x-pert
07-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Bloody blood bro....

hmmm... No comments brozz...

GTRZ
07-03-2007, 08:30 PM
will increasing the number of Maximum Half Open Connections effect the internet speed? it improves torrent download speeds :yes:
first you have to hack Xp and increae the limit to 50 or value you like and then change it from your torrent client too.

blood_brotha
07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
We may be thats coz you in Kurunagala. But in colombo you can reach 58+ with a download manager. You checked with torrents right? So how about HTTP or FTP split file downloading with IDM or such download manager?

from download managers i usually get around 54-55 KBps ... i've checked with a guy in Kandy too.. hes getting the same speeds.. and PPL DONT CHECK SPEEDS WITH THE MALE SERVER... we dont download download from Dhiraaghu!! check speeds from Penang server In malaysia.. its the best comparison

blood_brotha
07-03-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.elakiri.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=4230&c=9

blood_brotha
07-03-2007, 09:07 PM
http://www.elakiri.com/gallery/files/5/2/2/3/1111111111111.JPG

Ranhiru
07-03-2007, 09:09 PM
They say that they give a damn 512kbps! But only 50kbps! I asked my sir who is an engineer in Telecom. He said that we can guarantee a 512kbps data transfer only within Sri-Lankan borders!

nEoN_wHitE
07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
ape nam.. hehehe :lol:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/149165322.png :P:P
bt sl nemei.. baya wena epa:P;):D

blood_brotha
07-03-2007, 09:13 PM
They say that they give a damn 512kbps! But only 50kbps! I asked my sir who is an engineer in Telecom. He said that we can guarantee a 512kbps data transfer only within Sri-Lankan borders!

u,ba wade anagena 512kbps kiyanne 512 kilo bits per second.. 512 kilo bytes per second neme

blood_brotha
07-03-2007, 09:14 PM
ape nam.. hehehe :lol:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/149165322.png :P:P
bt sl nemei.. baya wena epa:P;):D

oowa daaanda epa apata duka hithenawa

blood_brotha
07-03-2007, 09:16 PM
it improves torrent download speeds :yes:
first you have to hack Xp and increae the limit to 50 or value you like and then change it from your torrent client too.

http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29683&highlight=slow+torrents

nEoN_wHitE
07-03-2007, 09:49 PM
u,ba wade anagena 512kbps kiyanne 512 kilo bits per second.. 512 kilo bytes per second neme
hariyata hari:yes:
dats kilo bits.. not bytes:D

nEoN_wHitE
07-03-2007, 09:49 PM
oowa daaanda epa apata duka hithenawa
hehehe ganna gana epa macho.. apith gathe last friday..
kalin adsl thamai;):P

now cable:D

Anusha
07-03-2007, 10:00 PM
They say that they give a damn 512kbps! But only 50kbps!
Come on! Not that stupid question again!!!
I asked my sir who is an engineer in Telecom. He said that we can guarantee a 512kbps data transfer only within Sri-Lankan borders!
That is true.

hul2000
07-03-2007, 10:02 PM
http://www.elakiri.com/gallery/files/5/2/2/3/1111111111111.JPG

How can You increase the download speed that much?

rukshankb
07-04-2007, 11:53 AM
That's not a miracle!.In torrent we can get around 60 kb/s in sri lanka,If we have many seeders and peers.

tckrockz
07-04-2007, 11:57 AM
shape ne no probs

charutha1
07-04-2007, 12:18 PM
adsl is faster dan dialup...

nEoN_wHitE
07-08-2007, 07:11 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/151353304.png

hul2000
07-08-2007, 09:41 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/151353304.png

:shocked: How did you get that much speed?

janakaecom
07-18-2007, 10:52 AM

wahts this ?

can u tell me

Godwin
07-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Dialog Wimax is still in their testing phase.
Check this blog: http://koolbuddhi.blogspot.com/
The blogger has got Dialog Wimax and has posted some pictures. Doesn't look promising to me, but it's too early to make a judgement on anything. :confused:

Now that we have competition, SLT SHOULD reduce their ADSL tariffs. :yes:

Also check out this blog:
http://www.lirneasia.net/2006/05/100000-adsl-connections-how-about-speed/

cyclops
07-26-2007, 11:26 PM
512 Kilo bits per second mean

512/8 = 64 kilo byte per second

8 kilo bits = 1 kilo byte

GTRZ
07-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Anyway acording to tests done by KoolB's blog, I don't think Dialog Wimax performing well at all.

He has posted screenshots of speedtest.net using the Dialog Wimax Ultra package which is 4Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/152457047.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/152427568.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/152426898.png

Since its a 4M Down and 1M Up line in perfect conditions it should run around 4096kbps down and 1024kbps up but check the stats from speedtest.com
Sometimes its like less than a 1M down connection. Even if you take the best stats still its worst than a SLT’s 2M down connection. SLT 2M gives better results than this.

Godwin
07-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Can someone post the speedtest result done on the 2M ADSL package please ?

blood_brotha
07-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Anyway acording to tests done by KoolB's blog, I don't think Dialog Wimax performing well at all.

He has posted screenshots of speedtest.net using the Dialog Wimax Ultra package which is 4Mbps download and 1Mbps upload.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/152457047.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/152427568.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/152426898.png

Since its a 4M Down and 1M Up line in perfect conditions it should run around 4096kbps down and 1024kbps up but check the stats from speedtest.com
Sometimes its like less than a 1M down connection. Even if you take the best stats still its worst than a SLT’s 2M down connection. SLT 2M gives better results than this.
bt its only the start... when SLT launched at first it dropped to dialup speeds at daytime..

blood_brotha
07-27-2007, 12:22 AM
and hes tested from AUS... WTF??

GTRZ
07-27-2007, 01:13 AM
and hes tested from AUS... WTF??
Who says Aus? its MTT Network that means Dialog Telekom.
he has done tests to US and Aus both check the results

farshad
07-27-2007, 02:14 AM
it's around 50kbs

GNS
07-27-2007, 06:53 AM
Hi to all
This is very important to ADSL users in slt.Nowadays they distribute many connection rapidly.It's very good news for sri lanka.But the quality is not increased as the distribution.So every connections are slow down.Sometimes it's like a Dial Up connection.
By default SLT should provide a 510 kbps data stream connection.If you see a low speed in your connenction.Then we can take an action to setup default connection.

Regards

it's Better than Dial-up ....

(Specially Price...)

Heshanck93
07-27-2007, 05:25 PM
no machang neon_white lives in australia...i think im right

cbr.696
08-06-2007, 10:53 PM
ADSL is a shared pool. SLT has a backbone line arround 384Mbps to the internet. You will get a dedicated 512 kbps line to SLT only. From SLT to internet the bandwith depends on how much of the backbone is occupied by the current users. In the morning time as all the offices use internet the backbone line will be occupied more than the night time. So you could see a slow down in the morning.

If you take the dialog wimax it is again the same story. The line speed depends on the badwith of the backbone of dialog. The promissed $mbps bandwith only exists from the user to dialog only. From there on everything goes on the same line. That is their backbone.

So please do not expect that you would get a dedicated link to 512kbps line to every web site you wisit from ADSL or 4Mbps dedicated link to every web site you wisit from WiMAX. Wimax being a wireless connection may also introduce new disturbances wich affects the connection speed.

Connection speeds may also depend on the servers. Because those servers have a limited badwith too. If you take youtube it could not server whole world at once. It would slow down as well because users of it are also increasing. So speed of a connection is not only dependent on the type of connection or ISP.

Anandian
09-10-2007, 10:20 AM
hey id like to know the speed of Dialog broadband??

Anyone have a clue??

ishara91
09-10-2007, 10:25 AM

Anandian
09-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanx buddy

cjb
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Yako Meka Srilankawa

GoNzAlEs
09-11-2007, 12:52 PM
:( :( slt adsl char max,,

terrance
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
day time slt ADSL is little slow but after 7 p.m it's o.k..

geraldela
10-10-2011, 04:26 PM
what you think about my speed?
i tested my internet connection at two different speed test site Ip-Details.com (http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/)
downloads: 1.09Mbps
uploads: 0.8Mbps
www.speedtest.net
downloads: 1.98Mbps
uploads: 0.5Mbps

roshancs05
10-10-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1526657286.png

EApubs
10-16-2011, 08:56 AM

Bro... forget about dialog... they have limits...Try Lankabell... No lmits.... high speeds!

sudumalli2009
10-16-2011, 09:24 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1537422317.png

geraldela
11-07-2011, 03:28 PM
your speed is pretty good. what do you think about mine? i tested my internet connection at two different speed test site
Ip-Details.com (http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/)
downloads: 1.09Mbps
uploads: 0.8Mbps
Speedtest.net (http://www.Speedtest.net)
downloads: 1.98Mbps
uploads: 0.5Mbps