PDA

View Full Version : Vampires a Mathematical Impossibility, Scientist Says

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 10:49 AM
A researcher has come up with some simple math that sucks the life out of the vampire myth, proving that these highly popular creatures can't exist.

University of Central Florida physics professor Costas Efthimiou's work debunks pseudoscientific ideas, such as vampires and zombies, in an attempt to enhance public literacy. Not only does the public believe in such topics, but the percentages are at dangerously high level, Efthimiou told LiveScience.

Legend has it that vampires feed on human blood and once bitten a person turns into a vampire and starts feasting on the blood of others.

Efthimiou's debunking logic: On Jan 1, 1600, the human population was 536,870,911. If the first vampire came into existence that day and bit one person a month, there would have been two vampires by Feb. 1, 1600. A month later there would have been four, and so on. In just two-and-a-half years the original human population would all have become vampires with nobody left to feed on.

If mortality rates were taken into consideration, the population would disappear much faster. Even an unrealistically high reproduction rate couldn't counteract this effect.

"In the long run, humans cannot survive under these conditions, even if our population were doubling each month," Efthimiou said. "And doubling is clearly way beyond the human capacity of reproduction."

So whatever you think you see prowling around on Oct. 31, it most certainly won't turn you into a vampire.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

zerocool
10-26-2006, 10:55 AM
thanks for the info tuffeyooo....by the way i like vampire stories men..

Van Helsing, Underworld I & II are nice vampire movies i have seen

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 11:00 AM
thanks for the info tuffeyooo....by the way i like vampire stories men..

Van Helsing, Underworld I & II are nice vampire movies i have seen

hapoooi...... mama me hodatama bayawela inne.....

meka aththanam .............:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

zerocool
10-26-2006, 11:02 AM
hapoooi...... mama me hodatama bayawela inne.....

meka aththanam .............:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

baya wena epa tuffeyooo...oya halloween ekata daapau boru kathawak....anyway i like to be a vampire...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mulinma oyawa thamai hapanne mama....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 11:20 AM
baya wena epa tuffeyooo...oya halloween ekata daapau boru kathawak....anyway i like to be a vampire...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG...... oya vampire kenek unoth.......:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

mata hithaganna ba...........ane mawa hapanna nam epa math ehema wei......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zerocool
10-26-2006, 11:21 AM
OMG...... oya vampire kenek unoth.......:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

mata hithaganna ba...........ane mawa hapanna nam epa math ehema wei......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ai honda nadda...piyabanna puluwan wenawane.....:yes: :yes: :yes:

sld
10-26-2006, 11:24 AM

Mae kellanwa hapanna gihin guti kannanam epa :lol: :lol: :lol:

zerocool
10-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Anyway i like to be a hybrid of Vampire+Lycan so i can be like Micheal Corvin from the underworld....:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

underworld evolution (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/underworldevolution/site/home.html)

zerocool
10-26-2006, 11:25 AM

:shocked: :shocked: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ekath attha thamai :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 11:29 AM
A researcher has come up with some simple math that sucks the life out of the vampire myth, proving that these highly popular creatures can't exist.

University of Central Florida physics professor Costas Efthimiou's work debunks pseudoscientific ideas, such as vampires and zombies, in an attempt to enhance public literacy. Not only does the public believe in such topics, but the percentages are at dangerously high level, Efthimiou told LiveScience.

Legend has it that vampires feed on human blood and once bitten a person turns into a vampire and starts feasting on the blood of others.

Efthimiou's debunking logic: On Jan 1, 1600, the human population was 536,870,911. If the first vampire came into existence that day and bit one person a month, there would have been two vampires by Feb. 1, 1600. A month later there would have been four, and so on. In just two-and-a-half years the original human population would all have become vampires with nobody left to feed on.

If mortality rates were taken into consideration, the population would disappear much faster. Even an unrealistically high reproduction rate couldn't counteract this effect.

"In the long run, humans cannot survive under these conditions, even if our population were doubling each month," Efthimiou said. "And doubling is clearly way beyond the human capacity of reproduction."

So whatever you think you see prowling around on Oct. 31, it most certainly won't turn you into a vampire.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

well this guy theorizes that everyone that's bitten turns to a vampire but what if only a selected few turns to vampires :shocked: :shocked:

sld
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Anyway i like to be a hybrid of Vampire+Lycan so i can be like Micheal Corvin from the underworld....:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

underworld evolution (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/underworldevolution/site/home.html)

Look in the mirror you already looks like a warewolf :lol: :lol: :lol: J/k macho ;)

zerocool
10-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Look in the mirror you already looks like a warewolf :lol: :lol: :lol: J/k macho ;)

:D :D :D hey have you seen me...look here (http://zerocoollk.hi5.com) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 11:36 AM
:D :D :D hey have you seen me...look here (http://zerocoollk.hi5.com) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop scaring me.... dan ithin mata nool badinna wenawa:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously dude you have hair that's longer than Crazy's :lol: :lol: :lol:

zerocool
10-26-2006, 11:41 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

heheeeeeeeeeee......now it's little bit shorter than that..:D

So am i a hybrid....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sld
10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you don't look like this http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/toyota_hybrid_engine.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

zerocool
10-26-2006, 11:46 AM
you don't look like this http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/images/toyota_hybrid_engine.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: unbata car walin thora lokayak nadaa atthata.....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mona kiwwath anthimata car part ekak hari thiyenawa...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sridanu
10-26-2006, 11:47 AM
he he:lol: :lol: :lol:
thanx i can sleep a lot safer knowing dat dere rnt any vampires:lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 11:51 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: unbata car walin thora lokayak nadaa atthata.....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mona kiwwath anthimata car part ekak hari thiyenawa...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hybrid kiwwama wena monawa hithannada :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 12:39 PM
ai honda nadda...piyabanna puluwan wenawane.....:yes: :yes: :yes:

eka nam danuth puluwan.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 12:40 PM

he.....he.......... ekanam hari..........:lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
well this guy theorizes that everyone that's bitten turns to a vampire but what if only a selected few turns to vampires :shocked: :shocked:

so......... may be there's another reason for that...........:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sld
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
he.....he.......... ekanam hari..........:lol: :lol:

pollak arn denna oluwataekak :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that's true.........

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
pollak arn denna oluwataekak :lol: :lol:

eth pawne........ zero mage friend ne.............:D :D :D :D :D

hmmmmmmmm........... wena punishment ekak denna ona..........:yes: :yes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy_m
10-26-2006, 12:47 PM

1st time i saw Zero he scared me 2 death(jst a pic though):yes: ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 12:53 PM

hybrid........... oya.......:confused: :confused:

wenna ba.....

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

sld
10-26-2006, 12:56 PM
eth pawne........ zero mage friend ne.............:D :D :D :D :D

hmmmmmmmm........... wena punishment ekak denna ona..........:yes: :yes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Friendsla hapanne naane :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 12:56 PM

me aththada Sld...............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 12:57 PM
1st time i saw Zero he scared me 2 death(jst a pic though):yes: ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I was scared closed to death but survived :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Friendsla hapanne naane :lol: :lol:

eyata vampire friend kenek ona wenna athi........ekai mata hithenne.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
me aththada Sld...............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mona pissuda... mata eeta wada dewal thiyanawa katha karanna. Zeroge boru katha oya. Since that's settled can we talk about cars :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
eyata vampire friend kenek ona wenna athi........ekai mata hithenne.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mata paenne boru Vampire kathaawak daala kellanwa hapa hapa yanawa :shocked: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zerocool
10-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Mata paenne boru Vampire kathaawak daala kellanwa hapa hapa yanawa :shocked: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: naraka naa idea eka habai....onna unba thamai mata eka kiwwe harida....:yes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: naraka naa idea eka habai....onna unba thamai mata eka kiwwe harida....:yes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

issala mama kiwwa wage kellangen guti kaawama mata beheth daana baa :lol: :lol: :lol:

zerocool
10-26-2006, 01:23 PM
issala mama kiwwa wage kellangen guti kaawama mata beheth daana baa :lol: :lol: :lol:

hapoo unba nam maha jaraa porak....chater idea ne denne....:eek: :eek: :eek:

sld
10-26-2006, 01:29 PM
hapoo unba nam maha jaraa porak....chater idea ne denne....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok Ok ehenam bite karala tak gaala disappear wenne ;)

zerocool
10-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Ok Ok ehenam bite karala tak gaala disappear wenne ;)

eeta wada hondai sihinathi wenakam bite korala maru wena eka....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 01:33 PM
eeta wada hondai sihinathi wenakam bite korala maru wena eka....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Aapo... maara dangerous ekekne oya... pawne girlsla

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 01:34 PM

he......... he......... eka wennath puluwan..........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 01:36 PM

Sld oya ideas denna yanna epa Zero ta......... penne nadda........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sld
10-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Sld oya ideas denna yanna epa Zero ta......... penne nadda........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apoi ow... no more :no:

One more tuffy post it on the other thread

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 02:59 PM

aiyooooooo........ ehema karanna epa Sld......
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 03:04 PM

budu ammo........ ekanam darunui........:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Tuffey
10-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Apoi ow... no more :no:

One more tuffy post it on the other thread

yeah... yeah..............:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rocka
10-28-2006, 11:58 AM
NIMAINE TUFFYO VAMPIRES LA AWOTH THEY WILL ROCK D WORLD MAN ASAWEN BALAN INNAWA ENAKAM

sld
10-28-2006, 01:38 PM
NIMAINE TUFFYO VAMPIRES LA AWOTH THEY WILL ROCK D WORLD MAN ASAWEN BALAN INNAWA ENAKAM

Eat more garlic and bathe in Holy Water

Tuffey
10-31-2006, 08:43 AM

welcome to the community Rocka.........

but don't wait for vampires.............:D :D :D :D :D

Tuffey
10-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Eat more garlic and bathe in Holy Water

yeah.......... as well better to keep a silver cross..........:yes: :yes: