View Single Post
(#30)
Old
warwickuni has a spectacular aura aboutwarwickuni has a spectacular aura about

05-02-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euler View Post
තව්ෆීක් නමැති පාර්ලිමේන්තු මන්ත්‍රී 2010 දි ත්‍රිකුණාමලය දිස්ත්‍රික්කයෙන් මු.කො. යටතේ යූ.එන්.පි. ලාංඡනයෙන් පාර්ලිමේන්ත් ඇවිත් තිබෙනවා. ඔහු පාර්ලිමේන්ත්වේදී පහත ඇති පනත ඉදිරිපත්කොට පළමුවර කියවා තිබෙනවා. එය අනුමත වී තිබේදැයි සොයන්න

First this is not an act to legalize Shariya but the object of the proposed institute is that to teach it and spread it. This is quite different from legalising and teaching . There are lot of concepts that are taught in educational institutes but the concepts are yet to be legalized. Eg We do not have legislation for Data Protection but these concepts are taught in many universities and professional bodies.

I could not find that these two acts were passed. Not passed in 2013.
Acccording to Parliament website first reading of the private member bill presented by MP Thawfeek(National List UNP MP now) was Naduathul Ulma Arabic College , Muttur and its first reading was on 2016.(i,e, that it is referred to in the parliament without a debate and it will be printed as a bill and second reading it where it will be debated for the first time) There is no gazette or bill on the web

I do not know how this happened private member bill was presented in 7th (2013)parliament and once its term expires or prorogued all the billls become defunct and has to be represented to the parliament. in 2016 it was first read and it was 8th parliament?

Short answer is not passed

Last edited by warwickuni; 05-02-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Page generated in 0.01885 seconds with 9 queries