ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > ElaKiri.com > News and Updates
Reload this Page SLT in partnership with APNIC launches I-Root server in Sri Lanka

(#1)
Old
retuom is a jewel in the roughretuom is a jewel in the roughretuom is a jewel in the roughretuom is a jewel in the roughretuom is a jewel in the roughretuom is a jewel in the roughretuom is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Skype™ to retuom
check SLT in partnership with APNIC launches I-Root server in Sri Lanka - 11-23-2008, 07:50 AM

Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT), the nation's premier integrated communications service provider announced the launching of the Asia Pacific I – Root Server at its Corporate Customer Forum, held on October 15, 2008. This was launched in partnership with the Asia Pacific Network Information Center (APNIC), Netnod and Autonomica, the latter being responsible for the installation of the I-root server. There are a total of 13 root servers the world over.

SLT takes great pride in being selected as the host for the I-Root server in Sri Lanka. It is a reflection of the expertise available within the company and the state of the art Data Center (SLTiDC) infrastructure and unparalleled internet connectivity which has helped to make it a success. Root server installation is set to further facilitate the increase in the performance of the DNS server systems in Sri Lanka and around. This root server is connected to all ISPs in Sri Lanka which are connected via SLT internet Exchange (SLTIX) strengthening its commitment to further enhance the country’s internet infrastructure. SLTnet, the internet arm of SLT recently announced its international internet backbone upgrade to 3 Giga bits per second (Gbps) today, facilitating Sri Lankan internet users to experience high quality and super fast internet service.

Commenting on the deployment of the mirror of I-Root server in Sri Lanka, the Program Director & Legal Advisor of the ICT Agency of Sri Lanka (ICTA), Jayantha Fernando, stated that “ICTA wishes to congratulate and commend all parties involved in the launch of the mirror of I-Root server in Sri Lanka, particularly Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) for taking on the challenging task of hosting the I Root server. ICTA also congratulates Netnod Autonomica, the operator of I-Root server, for partnering with SLT in this landmark achievement, and very specially APNIC for providing the technical guidance and support through the process. The establishment of a mirror of the I-Root server would help Sri Lanka to be better connected to the Internet with faster and easier access”.

Source & more info
http://www.slt.lk/data/aboutslt/news_pg.asp?newsID=486
(#2)
Old
kisanka_gr is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to kisanka_gr Send a message via Yahoo to kisanka_gr Send a message via Skype™ to kisanka_gr
11-23-2008, 08:28 AM

thanck for da info
(#3)
Old
mldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to allmldarshana is a name known to all

11-23-2008, 08:38 AM

good news !!!
(#4)
Old
sherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of lightsherlock is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via Skype™ to sherlock
11-23-2008, 07:27 PM

thanx 4 da info
(#5)
Old
ruchira88 has a spectacular aura aboutruchira88 has a spectacular aura aboutruchira88 has a spectacular aura aboutruchira88 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Skype™ to ruchira88
11-24-2008, 07:57 PM

Good eth kawadada start karanne?