Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > News
Reload this Page Prabhakaran has Malayali roots, say kin in Kerala

(#1)
Old
casper_fms will become famous soon enough

Prabhakaran has Malayali roots, say kin in Kerala - 05-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Prabhakaran has Malayali roots, say kin in Kerala

POONTHALATHAZHAM (KOLLAM): A lady in Kerala has claimed that LTTE leader Velupillai Prabhakaran, who is spearheading the fight for a separate Tamil eelam in Sri Lanka , is her first cousin and that he has Malayali roots.
Sitting in her distinctly lower middle class residence about 20 km from Kollam, 77-year-old Janaki Amma reminisces her childhood when she had the occasion to see her maternal uncle Velupillai, who she says is the father of Prabhakaran.
“Velupillai was one of five brothers and two sisters, one of who was my mother Nani Amma”, she says. That makes her the first cousin of Prabhakaran, who she has never had an occasion to meet.
“My uncle Velupillai last came to Kollam for my grandfather’s funeral when I was a 12-year-old. Since then, I have not seen him. He used to regularly send money to my mother, but after my mother’s demise that stopped. It used to be Rs 50 per month, but that was a princely amount those days”, reminisces Janaki Amma.
As if to retain those memories, Janaki Amma has preserved one of the post cards that her uncle sent from Jaffna . The sender’s address on the post card, sent on 18.12.1953, reads: R Velupillai, Vale Beeda Store, 224, KKS Road , Jaffna .
But how does she presume that LTTE supremo Prabhakaran is indeed her uncle Velupillai’s son? “Well, I have not seen Prabhakaran, though I have known from my uncle’s letters about his son. We trust that Prabhakaran is his son.”
And how is it that Prabhakaran appears a proud Tamil leading the Tamil cause from the front, if he were the son of a Keralite? “After settling in Jaffna , my uncle’s children would obviously have studied in Tamil medium and been brought up in that culture, quite naturally”, says Janaki Amma.
The last time she was reminded about her family’s connection to Prabhakaran was when police called at her home following Rajiv Gandhi’s assassination in 1991.
“We have not been bothered by the police after that”, says Janaki Amma, who now prays for the safety of her cousin Prabhakaran as he is apparently surrounded by Sri Lankan forces.
“After all, he and I have the same blood”, she says, as her husband, 81-year-old V Parameswaran Pillai nods in agreement. Mr Pillai, who used to carry loads for a living in his younger days, adds that the `V’ in his name denotes Velupillai, “which is sheer coincidence” (Economic Times)

Malayali fighting for Tamil people...???

People who worked & lived in Middle East knows the Quality of Malayalis.... The Worst people on the earth....
(#2)
Old
Shann.. is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via Skype™ to Shann..
05-12-2009, 08:45 PM

(#3)
Old
Nanayakkara is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Nanayakkara Send a message via Yahoo to Nanayakkara Send a message via Skype™ to Nanayakkara
05-12-2009, 11:04 PM

???????????
(#4)
Old
senanayake39 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to senanayake39 Send a message via Skype™ to senanayake39
05-12-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper_fms
[COLOR="Blue"]Prabhakaran has Malayali roots, say kin in Kerala

People who worked & lived in Middle East knows the Quality of Malayalis.... The Worst people on the earth....

100%
(#5)
Old
sandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of lightsandun_kg is a glorious beacon of light

05-13-2009, 12:30 AM

Oh great...if this Mallu's starting support this bas@#tard....... They are worst than tamils....

(#6)
Old
sri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to sri_lion
05-13-2009, 12:34 AM

If this news is true, then PRABA is the JOKE of the century (Oh! wait.. he already is.. )!

A Malayali origin claims a piece of Sri Lanka! Oh! Boy... it keeps getting better
(#7)
Old
coolgayathra has a spectacular aura aboutcoolgayathra has a spectacular aura aboutcoolgayathra has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to coolgayathra Send a message via Skype™ to coolgayathra
05-13-2009, 12:41 AM

lol
loosers
(#8)
Old
casper_fms will become famous soon enough

05-13-2009, 04:32 PM

tnx 4 replies..