Join Date: May 2008
Kadaunu Poronduwa(our 1st movie) -
12-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Sri Lankawe history 1ka gana search karanakota lankawe 1st movie 1ka gana wistara tikak dakka.oyala ekka share karaganna hithuna nisa thamai thread 1kak damme.
Kadaunu Poronduwa(our 1st movie)
Ralahamy, a member of high status, dies leaving his family in debt after having squandered his fortune through extensive drinking and other vices. To get back into wealth, Ralahamy's wife Tackla pushes her daughter Ranjani to get married to a wealthy older man Victor with a child through an earlier marriage. In this process, Samson, Ranjani's boyfriend, who had tried extensively to get the family back into good graces going so far as to pay off their debts, is spurned. He then goes abroad to win a fortune.
When Samson returns he learns of Ranjani's engagement to Victor and tries to reach her through letter. His letters are hidden from her however, and rumours spread that Samson is now a cripple. Ultimately the truth is revealed.
- Rukmani Devi as Ranjani: A high class girl who is pushed into a marriage with an older man and forced to reject her boyfriend.
- Jemini Kantha as Jossie: village woman; love interest of Manappuwa
- Rupa Devi as Tackla: Ranjani's mother
- Miriam Jayamanne as Hilda
- Eddie Jayamanne as Manappuwa: naive village simpleton; comic relief
- B. A. W. Jayamanne as Samson: love interest of Ranjani; seeks to help her family achieve financial success but is spurned by the mother
- Peter Peries as Victor: old wealthy man that Ranjani is forced into engagement with
- Stanley Mallawarachchi as Hemapala
- D. T. Perera as Jayasena
- Asilyn Balasooriya as Sumana
- J. B. Perera as Harmahana
- Hugo Fernando as doctor
- Suriya Rani as Aaya
- Sina Pishpani as Narsi
- Wida Soyza
- S. S. Ponnisena
- "Sri Jaya Vijaya" – Minerva Singing Group
- "Prema Daya" – Rukmani Devi
- "Lapati Rupe Age" – Eddie Jayamanne
- "Deva Swarmi" – Rukmani Devi
- "Sandyawe Sriya Ramya Lesa Pena" – Rukmani Devi and Hugo Fernando / Stanley Mallawarachchi
- "Is Issara Wela Umbawa Mamayi" – Eddie Jayamanne and Jemini Kantha
- "Papi Shayapi Do" – Rukmani Devi and Hugo Fernando / Stanley Mallawarachchi
- "Mage Saka Bambaru" – Eddie Jayamanne and Jemini Kantha
- "Thakkita Tharikita" – Eddie Jayamanne and Jemini Kantha
- "Sundari Rupa Rajini" – Stanley Mallawarachchi and Peter Peries
- "Jevithaye Saamey" – Rukmani Devi
- "Yam Indiya Desawa" – Rukmani Devi
Directed by - Jyotish Sinha
Produced by - Chitrakala Movietone Ltd
Starring - Rukmani Devi, B. A. W. Jayamanne, Peter Peiris, Miriam Jayamanne, Hugo Fernando, Stanley Mallawarachchi, Eddie Jayamanne, Gemini Kantha, Timothius Perera, J B Perera, Rupa Devi
Music by - Narayana AiyarCinematographyK Prabhakar
Editing by - Pakeer Saleh
Distributed by - Minerva Group
Release date - January 21, 1947
Country - Sri Lanka
Language - Sinhala
Meka oyalatath useful unoth rep+ 1kak dilama yanna.
Last edited by bundy123; 12-14-2010 at 10:12 PM.