ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > ElaKiri Talk!
Reload this Page We need our own Torrent Tracker?
View Poll Results: Do we need our own ElaKiri Torrent Tracker?
We should have our own tracker and I like to seed 1,997 72.88%
We should have our own tracker but I will not seed 345 12.59%
No we don’t need our own tracker 227 8.28%
Other(please reply) 171 6.24%
Voters: 2740. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#31)
Old
Lich will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Lich Send a message via Yahoo to Lich
06-08-2006, 04:52 PM

ya neon..

he was so busy guy.. . he got some free time.. so he is with us..

and he is the main Character in our Admin board...
(#32)
Old
deffa is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to deffa
06-08-2006, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRZ
Hay chamith nice to see you online bro, he is one of the staff members of elakiri!

anyway i got some idea. How about our own private P2P network?
It'll be encrypted connections and anonymous, secure. public keys will be used for authentication. Then it'll b hard to trackdown the users.
So what you think?

Other thing how about sharing media with DRM?
So only ppl we allow can play the file other can't open it. If we rename the file to some other name then it'll be hard to find whats inside and why these ppl sharing it.

This system will not be connected with ElaKiri.com
We can use something like waste or ants too.
sira idea..it s gud...machang but will it take a long time to create it...well it gud to stick wit it...if all our othr members like it to...GTRZ umbam nam genious kenek
(#33)
Old
Administrator
GTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to all

Send a message via MSN to GTRZ Send a message via Yahoo to GTRZ
06-08-2006, 07:32 PM

it's not my technology machan, it's already there. But bit new. I am modifying it to our needs.

Send your suggestions, complains, media etc.. for ElaKiri.com from PM or as email to [email protected]

MSN/Yahoo IM – [email protected]

||||||||||| Face Fears. Live Dreams! |||||||||||

Join the ElaKiri friendship campaign!
(#34)
Old
nEoN_wHitE will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to nEoN_wHitE
06-08-2006, 07:33 PM

hey can any one explain me wats happening when we download from a torrent file??? i don't know how it works... but really like to know....
(#35)
Old

06-08-2006, 07:47 PM

Basically, a torrent is a way to distribute large files (like high-quality concert recordings and video) in a shared manner. The person offering up the torrent, we'll use Amy in this example because she just offered the video, creates a torrent file and posts the link to it on a public tracker site. Other people who are interested in it download the torrent file and open it with special torrent software (more on that later) which starts to download chunks of the file from Amy. As people sucessfully download chunks of the file, they start sharing those chunks with other people trying to download the same file from Amy.

So, if there are 10 chunks to the file, I might get chunks 1, 5, and 7 from Amy directly. But if Jeff starts downloading too, then I'd get chunks 2 and 3 from him and give him my chunks 5 and 7. Brian might also be downloading and I'd get 4 and 8 from him and give him 1 and 5. Eventually we all get all the chunks from someone participating in the torrent. Then we keep our software running so that people who came to the game later can download more chunks from us, especially if we have a good network connection (not everyone does this, but it's very kind to do, so do it if you can).

Doing it distributed like this reduces the demand on Amy's computer and connection (because all of us aren't downloading the whole thing from her directly). And because it's all in chunks, you can stop downloading if you have to use your net connection for something else and start up again later, and the software knows what you still need.

There are a lot of different tracker sites. Amy set up her own at one point for some BNL stuff. Other's can be limited access or invitation only because of potential legal issues.

So, you need special torrent software to download torrents. On the Mac, I use somthing called BitTorrent (which probably needs to be upgraded). Others can tell what to use on a PC or suggest other Mac software.

Once you download a torrent file, the files within may be in formats that you need to convert before you can listen to them in iTunes or other software (the most popular formats are SHN and FLAC, google those). If you're downloading video, you'll probably need DVD burning/converting software.

hope u got what torrents are
(#36)
Old

06-08-2006, 09:35 PM

ahhhhhhh now i seee..... ela ela.. thanx deffa...

but da thing in aus is, we have ADSL but there is a download and upload limit for each month... so after we exceed that our net connection, it will reduced to dailup speed... now i have download da vinchi code from a torrent but it upload 1.27 GB.. but the file is only like 600 MB... so all together it have wasted nearly 2GB from our net usage for a month.. we have like only 10GB per month.. so i don't think doing dis will be a good for us who is in AUS and have ADSL or cable connections...
(#37)
Old

06-08-2006, 10:53 PM

hey machan u can controll the UPload speed..aiyo..machan...
(#38)
Old

06-09-2006, 01:14 AM

ya just saw it @ da last moment but dat time 2GB uploads gihin.. and only 600MB file eke 1.27GB download wela... pissu hadenawa men
(#39)
Old
Administrator
GTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to allGTRZ is a name known to all

Send a message via MSN to GTRZ Send a message via Yahoo to GTRZ
06-09-2006, 07:37 AM

in torrents there is a ratio machan, many trackers look in to that too.
So you get good speeds for download if you have good upload record.
They have a ratio like downloads:uploads, need to be around 1:1

and you should open some ports in your router, firewall etc.. to get the maximum speed
Add in the port range 6881-6889

Send your suggestions, complains, media etc.. for ElaKiri.com from PM or as email to [email protected]

MSN/Yahoo IM – [email protected]

||||||||||| Face Fears. Live Dreams! |||||||||||

Join the ElaKiri friendship campaign!
(#40)
Old

06-09-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRZ
in torrents there is a ratio machan, many trackers look in to that too.
So you get good speeds for download if you have good upload record.
They have a ratio like downloads:uploads, need to be around 1:1

and you should open some ports in your router, firewall etc.. to get the maximum speed
Add in the port range 6881-6889
i never knew this part...hw can i open the ports but isnt it dangerous...and the max download speed for ADSL home package in SL is 50kpps neda,?????? is there any way i cud increase this...
Closed Thread