ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > Sports
Reload this Page ..::Football IV::..

(#511)
Old
Wolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2016, 10:16 AM

Real Madrid to honour victims of cafe terror attack

Real Madrid will honour members of one their supporters clubs who died in an attack in Iraq when the play their final match of the season on Saturday.

The tragedy comes just weeks after 26 people were killed and a further 71 injured at a football stadium in Baghdad after a suicide bomber attacked an amateur football match.

16 members of a Real supporters club were killed in the attack in the town of Balad, near the city of Samarra on Friday.Madrid face Deportivo La Coruna at the Estadio Riazor and will wear black armbands in memory of their fans that lost their lives.

"Real Madrid deeply regrets the terrible attack in Iraq which today saw 16 members of a Real Madrid supporters club lose their lives and which has also left over 20 injured," a statement read.

"The club expresses its great sadness and offers its regards and condolences to the families and friends of the victims.

"Real Madrid extends all of its solidarity to the people of Iraq, who suffer the excessive injustices of extreme violence.

"The Real Madrid players will tomorrow wear symbolic black armbands as a sign of their mourning and respect.

"Football and sport shall always be spaces in which to come together and in which harmony and peace reign and with which no form of barbaric terrorism will be able to compete.

"Today Madridismo [supporters club] across the whole world cries for its supporters, who shall never be forgotten."
(#512)
Old
Wolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond reputeWolverine GTR has a reputation beyond repute

05-14-2016, 10:17 AM

AC Milan goalkeeper Abbiati to retire

Christian Abbiati will retire from football at the end of the season and is set to make a farewell appearance for AC Milan against Roma at San Siro on Saturday.

The 38-year-old goalkeeper signed for Milan in 1998, winning three Serie A titles and the Champions League in 2003 when he was an unused substitute in the final against Juventus at Old Trafford.Abbiati also had loan spells with Juventus, Torino and Atletico Madrid during his long Milan career having started his career with Monza and Borgosesia.

The shot stopper was a Milan regular until the last two seasons when the signing of Diego Lopez from Real Madrid – and emergence of Gianluigi Donnarumma moved him down the pecking order.

He only made four appearances for Italy – all in friendlies – with his last appearance coming in 2005."Abbiati says goodbye to football after 15 years at the club," Milan posted on Twitter. "Tomorrow [Saturday] come to the San Siro to give him a special send-off!"

Abbiati has only played six times this season – five of those appearances coming in the Coppa Italia – but will be given the chance to play and say goodbye to supporters by interim boss Cristian Brocchi, with Donnarumma kept fresh for the Coppa Italia final against Juventus on May 21.
(#513)
Old

05-14-2016, 10:19 AM

Sprint star Bolt admits he wants to play for United - as long as Van Gaal isn't manager

Olympic sprint champion and the world's fastest man Usain Bolt has always dreamed of playing for Manchester United, but he would only do so if manager Louis van Gaal departed the club.

Van Gaal faces an uncertain future at Old Trafford, with United fifth in the Premier League heading into the final game of the season and reliant on a Manchester City slip-up to secure a Champions League return.

The Dutchman's stock at United has dropped so low that even life-long fan and Jamaican athletics star Bolt - a six-time Olympic gold medallist - would pass on his dream amid the team's stagnant style of play."I supported Manchester United for years," Bolt said as he gears up for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro this August.

"I would still love to play for them, but if Louis Van Gaal is the coach, not so much."Bolt's comments come a week after he told TV2 Norway: "It has been up and down. I wouldn't say I'm happy. I think a lot of players don't want to come to the team under Van Gaal. I think players don't want to play for him."He plays a different style of football which Manchester United doesn't really play.

We are more of an attacking team and he likes to pass the ball. I'm not saying he's not a good coach but, personally, I just think he's not right for Manchester United."
While United are in the FA Cup final, they are set to miss out on Champions League qualification, with fourth-placed City holding a two-point advantage after 37 matches.

United host AFC Bournemouth on Sunday and require City to lose at Swansea City.
(#514)
Old

05-14-2016, 10:20 AM

LVG ge Manchester United future 1katath mona weida manda
(#515)
Old

05-14-2016, 10:22 AM

Pellegrini warns Guardiola of Premier League pitfalls

Outgoing Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini warned his replacement Pep Guardiola not to expect a dream debut in the Premier League next season.

Guardiola will depart his Bayern Munich post at the end of the season to take the reins at City with the objective of transforming the club into a European powerhouse.

Pellegrini exits having won a Premier League title, an FA Cup and a League Cup, as well as taking City to their first Champions League semi-final this season, where they were eliminated by Real Madrid.

But the Chilean insisted nothing comes easily in England ahead of his final match in charge of City at Swansea City on Sunday and said Guardiola is in for the biggest test of his career."Of course it's a new challenge if it's your first time in the Premier League," said Pellegrini.

"I'm not just talking about Guardiola, I'm also talking about myself, in the first year I arrived here.

"But when you've worked in Europe for so many years as a manager, you're prepared to win that challenge."I'm sure that, being in a difficult league, Guardiola will be prepared to do well in it."

Pellegrini recalled his own experience of preparing for life with City in the Premier League and said he had no doubts that despite the size of the challenge, Guardiola would be prepared.But Pellegrini said the demands of playing across three competitions was intensified in England as opposed to other countries due to the competitive nature of every game.

"The reasons that we couldn't get near the winners was firstly because Leicester were the best team and played very well, and secondly because we played a lot more games," said Pellegrini."A third reason is that we continued in the Champions League to the semi-final and had a disadvantage against Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham.

"That makes it more difficult to reach the first four places and that’s why it will be more difficult in years to come to reach the top four."
(#516)
Old

laugh LA Liga Fixtures 2016.05.14 - 05-14-2016, 10:23 AM

LA Liga Fixtures 2016.05.14

Deportivo Vs Real Madrid

Granada Vs Barcelona

Athletic Bilbao Vs Sevilla

Atletico Madrid Vs Celta Vigo
(#517)
Old

smile Serie A Fixtures 2016.05.14 - 05-14-2016, 10:24 AM

Serie A Fixtures 2016.05.14

Juventus Vs Sampdoria

AC Milan Vs Roma

Napoli Vs Frosione

Sassuolo Vs Inter
(#518)
Old

05-15-2016, 02:23 AM

Van Gaal: Premier League title expectations were unrealistic

Louis van Gaal has declared it was unrealistic for Manchester United's fans to expect his side to be Premier League champions this season, though he is still hoping to seal an unlikely Champions League place.

As the 2016-17 campaign reaches its conclusion on Sunday, United are fifth in the standings and a remarkable 17 points adrift of unlikely champions Leicester City.

United's faint Champions League qualification hopes rest squarely on fourth-placed Manchester City, who must lose to Swansea City, if Van Gaal's men are to contend for a place in Europe's elite club competition.

But Van Gaal - facing an uncertain future amid constant speculation linking Jose Mourinho to Old Trafford - insisted their campaign cannot be deemed a total failure, even though it was always unlikely that United would win the league.

"We can win the FA Cup. How many are still in the race? How many? Of course, when we don't qualify ourselves [for the top four] then we don't reach our aim," he told reporters.

"That is true, because our aim was to qualify, but we are in the final of the FA Cup and we are in the race [for fourth] going into the last match, so mathematically we can qualify still.

"How many teams can say that? Not many. Of course you can say Manchester United need to be champions. Yes, I know the expectations are like that, but I don't think that is realistic."

United host AFC Bournemouth in their final game of the Premier League season on Sunday, before facing Crystal Palace in the FA Cup decider on May 21.
(#519)
Old

05-15-2016, 02:24 AM

Begovic wants Champions League football at Chelsea under Conte

Antonio Conte has left a good first impression on Chelsea goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, who wants to bring Champions League football back to the club.

The Italy coach will be hoping to lead Chelsea's charge back up the Premier League table after a nightmare season, which saw the Londoners transform from champions to merely a top-half side.Jose Mourinho departed in the midst of terrible league form, with Guus Hiddink temporarily taking control until the end of the season.

But Conte is ready to bring success back to Stamford Bridge according to Begovic, who has been convinced of the Italian's ability to lead them back to the Champions League.

"He seems like a good man – his managerial skills, he is one of the world's best. He spoke in English. The chat we had was good English," the custodian said after Conte held meetings with the squad.

"With the club and everything going forward it is a big summer. We need to recharge for next season."We have goalkeeper Marco Amelia at Chelsea, who knows him and he says he is a hard worker with discipline and structure.

"The Champions League is very important. That’s one of the reasons I came here.
"Our goal has to be to get back into a completion where we belong. I came here to help be part of a successful team and win trophies.

"That's what I want to do and we will see what the new manager brings and the decisions he makes."Plenty of changes are expected at Chelsea during the transfer window, but Begovic is keen to remain at the club.

"It will be an interesting summer. I am not thinking about moving on. When the new manager comes then I hope decisions will be made and then we can go from there," the Bosnian added.

"What the options are and what will happen, I don't know. My goal is to be playing at the club and to help contribute. I would love to stay, but sometimes the decision is out of your hands."
(#520)
Old

05-15-2016, 02:25 AM

Bosnich: Van Gaal's exit at Man Utd is already sealed

Manchester United have decided on manager Louis van Gaal's future as the club stand on the brink of failure to qualify for next season's Champions League, says former goalkeeper Mark Bosnich.

The Old Trafford outfit are likely to be without Champions League football next term - the second time in three campaigns - as Van Gaal's men sit two points adrift of fourth-placed Manchester City heading into the final round of the Premier League season on Sunday.

To make matters worse for Red Devils supporters, the club are 17 points adrift of champions Leicester City following another season of stagnant football, which has been criticised by fans and pundits alike.

United, though, could still end the season as FA Cup winners, as well as sneaking into the top four if City lose at Swansea, but Bosnich - a Premier League winner with the club in 2000 - feels Van Gaal's time is up with Jose Mourinho waiting in the wings.

Asked if winning the FA Cup against Crystal Palace at Wembley on May 21 would be enough to save Van Gaal, Bosnich told Omnisport: "I think United have made their mind up."I think they made their mind up quite some time ago. The only thing that could save him is if City slip up at Swansea."

Of United's style of play under Van Gaal, Bosnich added: "It's not something that Manchester United fans are accustomed to. I think slowly but surely, well I hope, Van Gaal is realising that.

"Growing up at Manchester United, when we played in the young team, in the A team and B team, Alex Ferguson used to come around and say winning wasn't enough in this shirt. We had to play in a certain way.

"The only thing is, going forward today, results are obviously everything. Playing good football means a lot as well but that, in my opinion, it is the icing on the cake.

"The pressure on a United manager is to get results but finishing fifth is not going to be good enough. Then you have the quandary of not playing attractive football and finishing outside of the top four. So it's a kind of double blow."Surely the aim is to balance in between but right in this moment of time, it's not quite there."

Speculation is rife that United have an agreement in place with former Chelsea boss Mourinho, though nothing has been confirmed.

Assistant manager and club legend Ryan Giggs is also believed to be a contender should Van Gaal depart, and Bosnich believes United will be in good hands either way, pointing to Pep Guardiola's promotion from Barcelona's youth team as an example for the Welshman.

"I thought Mourinho should have got the job after Ferguson," the 44-year-old Australian said. "His pedigree is second to none. He is one of the top managers in the world.

"The only thing that is going to weigh against Giggs is United haven't had success since Ferguson. [But] sometimes it's better when things are going exactly to plan. There is scope for them to improve. I don't think they will lose out either way."