ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > ElaKiri Talk!
Reload this Page කෘතිම බුද්ධියට පින් පව් වෙනවද?

(#161)
Old
DragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of light

03-16-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelaa rox View Post
What you asked was whether I believe in a god.

In above can you see anywhere i'm asking about your beliefs?

The very basis for such a day is the existence of a god which is a lie.

How do you prove that god does not exist? Please be specific. What exact facts or facts lead to that conclusion?
i have known you for a long time thelaa ayya
however, arguing with u is a such a waste of time
so here is my answer for your Question " How do you prove that god does not exist? Please be specific. What exact facts or facts lead to that conclusion? "

(#162)
Old
50W is on a distinguished road

03-16-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
It doesn't mean its not going to be proved as well!
Of course it doesn't mean it's false or not going to be proved. That's why I presented with evidence with facts why it's wrong and not going to be proved. Did you even read my comment ? How about highlight where have I stated something wrong or contradicts with facts ?

Quote:
The sole fact that you are telling that he is an engineer suggests otherwise
I didn't say it's wrong solely because he is an engineer. What I said is engineers aren't qualified to write articles regarding biology unless he's got a degree in biology. Read arguments I presented and explain why they are wrong.

Quote:
I challenge the same thing with the golden egg 1km beneath your home
Do you at least accept that everything that can't be proven wrong may not be accurate?
Of course I accept it. But that doesn't mean every unprovable statement is true. You have stated in one of your previous comments that it's unprovable to you that almighty god exists. So do you believe in god as well as buddhism ? Are you really asserting that there's a golden egg beneath my house ? Your logic in brief is "Ignore the evidence and just believe in this story just because being unprovable doesn't mean it's wrong". And this is the most reasonable thing you've learned by following Buddha's way ?

Quote:
Very subtle things like it is a myth or not ? An assumption can never be a fact it is just simple as that.
That's why I have never presented assumptions here. It's you who is presenting assumptions. Karma, Sansara, Nirvana.

Quote:
believing TOE as a fact is like saying "the children are being replaced, it is correct because you can't prove otherwise"
Do you have problems with understanding my sentences ? What you have said here doesn't make any sense. What evolution says is children aren't being replaced.

Quote:
I didn't ask for links i asked for a quotation. Everytime i ask you about the earth is flat thing you start talking about some rocks and mountains blah blah

What do you know about Buddhism other than rocks, mountains, oceans and evolution ?
And it was perfectly fine for you to post links ? Yes it was as you have said, what the word that sutra used was "thalaya" which could mean realm too. But what I'm saying is that sutra clearly states that there is a mountain in the middle of the great ocean surrounded by 4 lands. That's exactly what I am asking you. Where is this mountain and where are these 4 lands ?
Here are the quotes you asked for.
"මහණෙනි, සුනෙරපව්රද අයමින් සුවාසූදහසෙක් යොදුන. විතරින් සුවාසූදහසෙක් යොදුන. සුවාසූදහසෙක් යොදුන් මහසයුරෙහි ගැලී සිටියේ ය. සුවාසූදහසෙක් යොදුන් මහමුහුදින් මතුයෙහි නැඟී සිටියේ ය."

And finally let me ask you a few questions.

1 Do you believe that tripitaka could be wrong in some cases ?
2 Do you believe organisms gradually change over time ?
3 Do you believe there's a chance for humans to go extinct any moment before next buddha ?
4 Do you believe there were dinosaurs ?
5 Is it regarding humans or every other species you reject sharing common ancestors ? Do you reject that cats share a common ancestor with tigers too ?
6 Do you believe that these human like creatures existed ?

(#163)
Old
thelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nice

Send a message via Skype™ to thelaa rox
03-16-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonD View Post
i have known you for a long time thelaa ayya
however, arguing with u is a such a waste of time
so here is my answer for your Question " How do you prove that god does not exist? Please be specific. What exact facts or facts lead to that conclusion? "

The point of my whole argument is to communicate my point. And this image says all of it that i'm trying to communicate. Let me put it this way.

Possibilties in my View
1. There is a teapot orbiting Venus
2. There is no teapot orbiting Venus

My Belief
There is no teapot orbiting Venus

Now if i say it is a fact that there is no teapot orbiting Venus, do i sound right? Of course i do, because a teapot orbiting Venus sounds ridiculous. But am i right logically? Have i actually considered limitations of my belief? i.e. the scope of my knowledge?

Same applies to God. If i say i have no doubt that god does not exist, in my opinion i'm blinded. My belief is that there is no god. But independent of my belief i know that i don't know everything. And no evidence can disprove the existence of god. So god is a Possibility (may not be a probability but certainly a possibility)

What i explained above;
Everyone accepts it but i have found very few who "feels" it. What i know is that people who accept this and people who realize this has completely two different mind sets.

Last edited by thelaa rox; 03-16-2017 at 08:25 PM.
(#164)
Old
thelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nicethelaa rox is just really nice

Send a message via Skype™ to thelaa rox
03-16-2017, 09:16 PM

Of course it doesn't mean it's false or not going to be proved. That's why I presented with evidence with facts why it's wrong and not going to be proved. Did you even read my comment ? How about highlight where have I stated something wrong or contradicts with facts ?

Your evidence lead to a conclusion not a fact.

I didn't say it's wrong solely because he is an engineer. What I said is engineers aren't qualified to write articles regarding biology unless he's got a degree in biology. Read arguments I presented and explain why they are wrong.

Do you really believe that these degrees and phds really a determination factor to wisdom of people?

Of course I accept it. But that doesn't mean every unprovable statement is true. You have stated in one of your previous comments that it's unprovable to you that almighty god exists. So do you believe in god as well as buddhism ? Are you really asserting that there's a golden egg beneath my house ? Your logic in brief is "Ignore the evidence and just believe in this story just because being unprovable doesn't mean it's wrong". And this is the most reasonable thing you've learned by following Buddha's way ?

My theory does not involve beliefs

That's why I have never presented assumptions here. It's you who is presenting assumptions. Karma, Sansara, Nirvana.

Evolution is an assumption held together by some facts.

Do you have problems with understanding my sentences ? What you have said here doesn't make any sense. What evolution says is children aren't being replaced.

My point is evolution is not a fact just because can't be proven wrong.

And it was perfectly fine for you to post links ?

You did ask for references

Yes it was as you have said, what the word that sutra used was "thalaya" which could mean realm too.

But what I'm saying is that sutra clearly states that there is a mountain in the middle of the great ocean surrounded by 4 lands. That's exactly what I am asking you. Where is this mountain and where are these 4 lands ?
Here are the quotes you asked for.

"මහණෙනි, සුනෙරපව්රද අයමින් සුවාසූදහසෙක් යොදුන. විතරින් සුවාසූදහසෙක් යොදුන. සුවාසූදහසෙක් යොදුන් මහසයුරෙහි ගැලී සිටියේ ය. සුවාසූදහසෙක් යොදුන් මහමුහුදින් මතුයෙහි නැඟී සිටියේ ය."

Above is not related to earth is flat. OR is this is the part that you interpret as "earth is flat"? My god If Then i can see Kimbullu in the Koraha

However i believe the above part is talking about a condition after billions of years. It's too early to make conclusions.

And finally let me ask you a few questions.

1 Do you believe that tripitaka could be wrong in some cases ?
Yes.

2 Do you believe organisms gradually change over time ?
Nor reject or accept.

3 Do you believe there's a chance for humans to go extinct any moment before next buddha ?
Of course.

4 Do you believe there were dinosaurs ?
ATM I do.

5 Is it regarding humans or every other species you reject sharing common ancestors ? Do you reject that cats share a common ancestor with tigers too ?
Nor reject or accept.

6 Do you believe that these human like creatures existed ?

I believe im chatting with a one

Last edited by thelaa rox; 03-16-2017 at 09:17 PM.
(#165)
Old
DragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of lightDragonD is a glorious beacon of light

03-19-2017, 07:49 PM

human head transplant එක මේ අවුරුද්දේ අග වීමට නියමතියි
එත් එක්ක තව මේ වගේ ප්‍රශ්න ගොඩක් එනවා අහන්න
ඒක උනාට පස්සෙම කතා කරමුකෝ