ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > Jobs & Employment
Reload this Page IT salaries in Sri Lanka

(#21)
Old
dreamslanka has a spectacular aura aboutdreamslanka has a spectacular aura about

10-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankeshwara_the_great View Post
As I said earlier if you have good project works you do not have to worry about the degree, diploma or certificate u have....

The problem with the diplomas and other courses in SL is that they do not have acceptable amount of project works in their curriculum. So while u are doing your course better to do some additional projects. It does not matter you took them from a Freelancing website, what u need is some significant projects to put in your CV and good knowledge to speak in the interview. And ha they give good considerations for International competition winners like IEEE Extreme....

Any person who is not following a IT course in a government uni should give a thought to what I just said. Unless u won't get any salary beyond 25000/-. Believe me because I have been to most of those companies for interviews and I know what they look for...

Codegen, Cambio and Creative Solutions they all work with JAVA
MIT works in C++
Virtusa works with dotNET, Java
WSO2 does cloud computing so you should have a sound knowledge in Software Architecture and Algorithms.

you decide what suits best for u.....
thanks machan

apita degree ekedi java,vb,c++ wage cover wenne bohoma tikay ne.e knowledge eka company ekaka gihin eka paratama wada karanna patan ganna madi naddA?giyama podi traning ekak wath denawada?
(#22)
Old
Tom Riddle is a jewel in the roughTom Riddle is a jewel in the roughTom Riddle is a jewel in the roughTom Riddle is a jewel in the roughTom Riddle is a jewel in the roughTom Riddle is a jewel in the rough

10-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Great replies lankeshwara_the_great. Rep+. Hope you can give us some more info.

How are the job opportunities/salaries for the people who are doing networking?

Last edited by Tom Riddle; 10-12-2011 at 11:42 AM.
(#23)
Old
Lalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of lightLalakajee is a glorious beacon of light

10-12-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
As I said earlier if you have good project works you do not have to worry about the degree, diploma or certificate u have....

The problem with the diplomas and other courses in SL is that they do not have acceptable amount of project works in their curriculum. So while u are doing your course better to do some additional projects. It does not matter you took them from a Freelancing website, what u need is some significant projects to put in your CV and good knowledge to speak in the interview. And ha they give good considerations for International competition winners like IEEE Extreme....

Any person who is not following a IT course in a government uni should give a thought to what I just said. Unless u won't get any salary beyond 25000/-. Believe me because I have been to most of those companies for interviews and I know what they look for...

MIT works in C++
WSO2 does cloud computing so you should have a sound knowledge in Software Architecture and Algorithms.

Nice Reply Thanks! Rep5+

Isn't there any opportunities for PHP People!!
(#24)
Old
Jolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to allJolly_Roger is a name known to all

10-12-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:

MIT works in C++

valuable info.. +rep

IFS wage join wenna monawada ona qualifications. mata dan 6 months experience thiyanawa .NET walin(Final year undergrad @SLIIT)

Last edited by Jolly_Roger; 10-12-2011 at 12:18 PM.
(#25)
Old
smaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of lightsmaldeniya is a glorious beacon of light

10-12-2011, 12:32 PM

Aepona international lanka
ASE start from 55+
AQA start from 45+

java basics will be but they strictly look for problem solving ability.

(for the above post none of UCSC ppl from this year special batch didnt apply for virtusa and neither from 2011 passed out general batch too )
(#26)
Old
ŦĦĔ ƦȆƉǾӾ is just really niceŦĦĔ ƦȆƉǾӾ is just really niceŦĦĔ ƦȆƉǾӾ is just really niceŦĦĔ ƦȆƉǾӾ is just really niceŦĦĔ ƦȆƉǾӾ is just really niceŦĦĔ ƦȆƉǾӾ is just really niceŦĦĔ ƦȆƉǾӾ is just really nice

10-12-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:

MIT works in C++

Very Valuable
Rep+
(#27)
Old
homoelectronics has a spectacular aura abouthomoelectronics has a spectacular aura abouthomoelectronics has a spectacular aura about

10-12-2011, 12:49 PM

bumpi..
(#28)
Old
shona_100 is on a distinguished road

10-12-2011, 12:53 PM

bump
(#29)
Old
nagaya is a jewel in the roughnagaya is a jewel in the roughnagaya is a jewel in the roughnagaya is a jewel in the roughnagaya is a jewel in the roughnagaya is a jewel in the rough

10-12-2011, 01:00 PM

machn embedded engineering tiyena company monada?salaries kohmada
(#30)
Old
vidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of lightvidura99 is a glorious beacon of light

10-12-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagaya View Post
machn embedded engineering tiyena company monada?salaries kohmada

Metalanka