ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > ElaKiri Traveler > Travel the World
Reload this Page How Flight Transfer/Transit Procedure Take Place.

(#1)
Old
Bekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really nice

sad How Flight Transfer/Transit Procedure Take Place. - 02-08-2019, 07:01 PM

Hi
International Traveling Expert!

I wanted to know How transfer/transit work at airport/ what procedure do i need to follow. I have tight 1.5 hr transfer time.

Colombo - Kuala Lumpure Terminal M (Sri Lankan Airline Flight
(1.5 hr )
Kuala Lumpure Terminal M - Penang (Have to Board Another Sri Lanka Airline Flight)

What I'm worry is,

a. Does baggage auto transfer?
b. Do I need to go through Immigration during transfer?

All I have 1.5 hr,
please let me know/share the experience on this matter...

Last edited by Bekam; 02-08-2019 at 07:30 PM.
(#2)
Old
Emios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of light

02-08-2019, 07:09 PM

Yes if you purchase one ticket directly to penang bag do get auto tranferred during the transit.
No yiu dont have to go through immigration.Just be at the terminal or near the terminal area.
(#3)
Old
Bekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really niceBekam is just really nice

02-08-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emios View Post
Yes if you purchase one ticket directly to penang bag do get auto tranferred during the transit.
No yiu dont have to go through immigration.Just be at the terminal or near the terminal area.
Thank you for your input.
Yes I on-line booked one ticket directly to Penang
I thought/later realize , Penang is domestic transfer, so that may be require to go through immigration again.

Last edited by Bekam; 02-08-2019 at 07:18 PM.
(#4)
Old
Emios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of lightEmios is a glorious beacon of light

02-08-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekam View Post
I thought/later realize , Penang is domestic transfer, so that may be require to go through immigration again.
No if your ticket says final destination is penang you don't have to go through immigration again
(#5)
Old

02-08-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
No if your ticket says final destination is penang you don't have to go through immigration again
hmm, but I need to get into Another Flight during 1.5 hr ( same airline but different flight number)
(#6)
Old

02-08-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
hmm, but I need to get into Another Flight during 1.5 hr ( same airline but different flight number)
Doesn't matter
(#7)
Old

02-08-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter
Ok great...!
(#8)
Old
LKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of lightLKF is a glorious beacon of light

02-12-2019, 04:25 PM

You will get both Boarding pass together @ CMB.

No need to go through immigration counters in KUL

Yes u r luggage's r automatically direct 2 u r second flight

If u r first flight delay or anything happen they should arrange everything.
(#9)
Old
imhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of lightimhotep is a glorious beacon of light

02-12-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
What are the two flight numbers...?
(#10)
Old

03-11-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKF View Post
You will get both Boarding pass together @ CMB.

No need to go through immigration counters in KUL

Yes u r luggage's r automatically direct 2 u r second flight

If u r first flight delay or anything happen they should arrange everything.
Thank you for your comments, I have made the journey
Little more correction,

a. As you said yes luggage do get transfer to final destination ( CMB - Penang) or ( Penang - CMB) no need to clain at the KUL due to one ticket even if I had flight transfer.

b. Actually I had to go through Immigration at KUL in both ways,
CMB - Penang I had to clear immigration at KUL and no immigration at Penang

But in return I had to go through immigration at both Penang & KUL

In KL airport M terminal there are two Departure terminals, most of the international flight transfer in one terminal and domestic departure/arrival done at satellite terminal. Both connect each other 5 min satellite train with very frequently.