ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > ElaKiri Talk!
Reload this Page Where are we?

(#31)
Old
Novindu will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Novindu Send a message via Yahoo to Novindu
10-05-2006, 09:56 AM

yup
(#32)
Old
sridanu is on a distinguished road

10-05-2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sld
And Sridanu about us invading South India... that happened in a time where wars were decided by the paople who fought the battles not by long range artilary and stealth bombers. How much do you think we have spentd before we can even think about challenging India.
dats true machan. But take a look @ wats hepening in iraq. I mean the americans have better weapons, eqipment, and personal but still one could argue that they are loosing the battle in iraq.
military spending isnt just abt buying mo weapons, its got a lot 2 do wit hw u train our guys 2 live through the battle so dat de can fight another day.
(#33)
Old
kathushe is an unknown quantity at this point

10-06-2006, 04:57 AM

Wow Rapa kohenda mewa hoyagatte......... dakinakota hithata dukai machan....Rata diyu karanna thiyana salli neda me .......???????????
(#34)
Old
sld is on a distinguished road

10-06-2006, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridanu
dats true machan. But take a look @ wats hepening in iraq. I mean the americans have better weapons, eqipment, and personal but still one could argue that they are loosing the battle in iraq.
military spending isnt just abt buying mo weapons, its got a lot 2 do wit hw u train our guys 2 live through the battle so dat de can fight another day.
I beg to differ machan. If America actually flex her military muscles Iraq would be a dust cloud. They chose bot to. It's not a US vs Iraq war it's a Iraq vs Terrorist thing. It's really hard to find a hit and hide war... just like what we have in SL. Why is it a 100000+ army can't win a 25 year old battle with 10000 ltte dogs. Because there is no direct target to attack. If they do a lot of innocent people will die. That's why we are not winnig with ltte and that's why US isn't winning with the Iraqi terrorists.

You're reaffirming point when you say it's not about weapons but the training. Do you think the majority of that 600+ million is ghoing for training... no it's going for weapons. Sri Lanka as a small developing nation can't afford to spend so much on the military period.
(#35)
Old
sld is on a distinguished road

10-06-2006, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathushe
Wow Rapa kohenda mewa hoyagatte......... dakinakota hithata dukai machan....Rata diyu karanna thiyana salli neda me .......???????????
That's exactly right macho.... sad isn't it.
(#36)
Old
sridanu is on a distinguished road

10-06-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sld
I beg to differ machan. If America actually flex her military muscles Iraq would be a dust cloud. They chose bot to. It's not a US vs Iraq war it's a Iraq vs Terrorist thing. It's really hard to find a hit and hide war... just like what we have in SL. Why is it a 100000+ army can't win a 25 year old battle with 10000 ltte dogs. Because there is no direct target to attack. If they do a lot of innocent people will die. That's why we are not winnig with ltte and that's why US isn't winning with the Iraqi terrorists.

You're reaffirming point when you say it's not about weapons but the training. Do you think the majority of that 600+ million is ghoing for training... no it's going for weapons. Sri Lanka as a small developing nation can't afford to spend so much on the military period.
ok den lets just concider 4 a minite a SL with a lot les military spending. Do u think we cn hold off the LTTE then. I think not. I think that if we can improve our military capabilities we can then stabilize our nation. And through that we can improve our economy.