ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > ElaKiri Talk!
Reload this Page Where are we?

(#11)
Old
themera is an unknown quantity at this point

10-05-2006, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridanu
100% wit u on dat machan
teah thats soo kool mucho that we both understood
(#12)
Old
sld is on a distinguished road

10-05-2006, 07:41 AM

Quote:
But i personaly belive that a countries military strength is a measurement of its prosperity.
I thought it was how many hospitals, doctors, engineers a country has... how good the roads are... how good the trasportation, communication systems are... what the literacy rate is... how high the GDP is.

I kind of understand your saying about a country needing a strong military but look at our neighbours.... unless maldives or nepal decides to invade us, we can't stop anyone else. So I believe it's better to use the money to better the infrastucture of the country. then people can produce more and then we can think about spending more on the military. Just my two cents
(#13)
Old
sridanu is on a distinguished road

10-05-2006, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sld
I thought it was how many hospitals, doctors, engineers a country has... how good the roads are... how good the trasportation, communication systems are... what the literacy rate is... how high the GDP is.

I kind of understand your saying about a country needing a strong military but look at our neighbours.... unless maldives or nepal decides to invade us, we can't stop anyone else. So I believe it's better to use the money to better the infrastucture of the country. then people can produce more and then we can think about spending more on the military. Just my two cents
Ahh mchan never underestimate the need for a military. Its not just abt raw military power its also abt military tactics.

Just a reminder that Sri Lanka once invaded the whole of South India a long long time ago. And i beliv that if we had a strong military we wldnt hav sucumbed 2 de english.
(#14)
Old

10-05-2006, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Ahh mchan never underestimate the need for a military. Its not just abt raw military power its also abt military tactics.

Just a reminder that Sri Lanka once invaded the whole of South India a long long time ago. And i beliv that if we had a strong military we wldnt hav sucumbed 2 de english.
Yeap man thts true lyk say if we did not have an army or had a very poor army we should have being hacked by the lttte dogs
(#15)
Old
sridanu is on a distinguished road

10-05-2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themera
Yeap man thts true lyk say if we did not have an army or had a very poor army we should have being hacked by the lttte dogs
!00% wit u bro
(#16)
Old

10-05-2006, 07:49 AM

Quote:

My point exactly.. the tactics can't be developed by spending money on weapons. That comes from education and for that we need better schools and better teachers.

Well it was the technology and the bastard locals who supported the English that made us lose. They had guns and we didn't. And some of the locals betrayed the country. Just like some politician must be gatting a percentage of that 600 million wea re spending. Oh well.... can't kill them all
(#17)
Old

10-05-2006, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sld
My point exactly.. the tactics can't be developed by spending money on weapons. That comes from education and for that we need better schools and better teachers.

Well it was the technology and the bastard locals who supported the English that made us lose. They had guns and we didn't. And some of the locals betrayed the country. Just like some politician must be gatting a percentage of that 600 million wea re spending. Oh well.... can't kill them all
yeah man we should heve more tactics too as u say i get ur whole point coz wen i went to jaffna in teh year 2003 one tiger said tht one l.t.t.e kills 10 of our men B4 they die and i wanmted to say some thing back but then i might have being under teh soil by now
(#18)
Old

10-05-2006, 07:53 AM

And Sridanu about us invading South India... that happened in a time where wars were decided by the paople who fought the battles not by long range artilary and stealth bombers. How much do you think we have spentd before we can even think about challenging India.
(#19)
Old

10-05-2006, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themera
yeah man we should heve more tactics too as u say i get ur whole point coz wen i went to jaffna in teh year 2003 one tiger said tht one l.t.t.e kills 10 of our men B4 they die and i wanmted to say some thing back but then i might have being under teh soil by now
(#20)
Old

10-05-2006, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sld
dont think i ma lying dude i have got pics to prove it that i went to jaffna