How To Save Time Booting Your Computer -
10-14-2008, 12:14 PM
If you're like me you probably get just as frustrated when you boot up your computer because it just seems to take forever. Most of us develop a routine where we turn our computers on and then knowing it's going to take some time busy ourselves with other things.
Here's a way to put an end to all the waiting. In fact, when you press the power switch your computer can now roar to life in just seconds.
By putting your computrer into hibernation mode all the documents and applications that were opened will be exactly the same as they were when you put it into hibernation.
Now when you start your PC in the moring it's ready almost instantly - NICE!
To set your computer up for hibernation:
- Go to Control Panel and double-click Power Options.
- Click the Hibernate tab and tick Enable Hibernation. Click OK.
- When you leave your computer, click Start and then Turn Off Computer.
- Hold down SHIFT and a new Hibernate option will appear. Click Hibernate.
- Or, press the sleep button on your keyboard.
- Your computer will save its state to memory and shut down. When you turn on your computer, your files and documents will open on your desktop exactly as you left them.
Trust me - This is one cool feature and saves me a ton of time DAILY!
--------------------another trick by dargon dilshan----------------