OK guys this for All the PPL here that got a Broadband package with a Locked Huawei E220 HSPDA modem, for those who don't know what Modem is locked means, only SIMS from a specific network work on the modem, (Lets say u decide to ditch one service provider and go with another thats not possible with a locked Modem now does it lmfao). ok lets get to business.
Warning : Im not responsible for any consiqences you might face after you follow this guide.
This stuff will be needed to make this work
E220 firmware update
A Hex Editor like XVI32
QMAT - QC Mobile Analysis Tool
E220 Simlock Unlocking tool
1. Run the Firmware update wizard wait till it detects the modem and then cancel the Wizard.
2. now Run the QMAT - QC Mobile Analysis Tool, Choose Use Com/Usb port Menu Item from the Hardware Forensics Menu. ull see a window like this. select COMx - HUAWEI Connect - 3G PC UI Interface (COMx) option, then click the send CMD button, you will see a bunch of text appear below in the output box and it will say "Successfully send command" if u dont get that message u messed up so do all of above again :p.
3. Now!!!, select read EFS option from the drop down list, its allready selected on this screenshot, then hit the Lets go button, give the filename efs.bin, itll take a few minutes to read the complete EFS to the file (its about 32MB in size).
4. After the dump is completed, fire up the Hex editor, open the efs.bin file u just created, and search for this Hex Value 53 64 2c 00
, Right next to it you will find the Unlock code for the Modem. this is my modems dump....
See i have highlited the Hex chain and the unlock code its very easy to find, unlock code is a 8 digit number for this device.
5. Now fire up the E220 Simlock Unlocker tool, Enter the unlock code u just discovered, Violah ur done. u get ur self a fully unlocked Modem tha u can use with any subscriber