ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > ElaKiri PRO!
Reload this Page ALL ABOUT JOB INTERVIEWS!

(#1)
Old
sri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to sri_lion
ALL ABOUT JOB INTERVIEWS! - 11-22-2008, 01:45 PM

First things first.. NOTE THIS THREAD IN EK PRO which means NO SPAMMING!!

Ok then here it goes... I've chat with a lot of EK members.. and most of them still schooling or already finding empoyment and has lot questions about thier careers! So I've decided to open up this thread especially to give them a helping hand as to what they can expect when they go out there JOB HUNTING!!

As for people already in the Industry they've gone through this at least once, so lets share your experinces and lets give our younger genertion a headstart.. lets talk about JOB INTERVIEWS and procedures!

As a start you can talk about following issues.. and as a person whom on the look out for a job you are welcome to post all your queries here..

> How do I choose what's the right JOB for me?
> Where and how do I apply for a JOB? [If you need to publish a Sri Lankan website please inform EK Admin first]
> Before and after applying for JOB what should I do?
> How to prepare for an Interview?
> What does my potential employer would look for?
> What must I do after an Interview?

You may also discuss in this thread..

> About different methods and procedures of how different companies select thier employees espcially in Sri Lanka [company specific hiring procedures]

For example:
How does "Sampath Bank" select employees for Position A
How does "MIT" select JAVA Programmers?

Basically any information from what questions they've asked you, what answers you've given, what qualifications they were keen on.. and even if you fail to secure the job.. what went wrong would definitly help someone else!

So all you people out there whom have gone through it already.. please help another to find his/her dream JOB!
(#2)
Old
sri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura about

11-22-2008, 01:48 PM

Here's my opinion!

> How do I choose what's the right JOB for me?

This one of the most important questions that you should ask yourself before you do anything.. One huge mistake that everyone (even me) did before applying for Job to think that I need all the skill in the world to apply for a JOB..

THAT'S WRONG!!! Almost everybody learns at the job... while you are doing it.. so all you need is a basic understanding of things, theories and a GOOD ATTITUDE

> Where and how do I apply for a JOB?

I dont know any comprehensive Sri Lankan site that offers this.... but find out in Sri Lanka..according to your respective industry.. what are companies that you can apply for.. go through their websites, see whether you can find some vacancies that match your requirements!

If you are studying in a University.. suppose if you are a last year student give a copy of your resume / CV to University staff especially if your Uni has a career guidance program!

Go through the good old News Papers they still carry job adverts!

> Before and after applying for JOB what should I do?
> How to prepare for an Interview?

Now you've decided that you are going to apply for a JOB, please take some time to go through the respective company's website and gather some information of what they do, you would not want to sit at the interview and the 1st question they ask "Do you know what we do here" and then you are stunned! that will then effect the rest of the process ultimately you'll screw up everything

So be prepared... even if they does not ask you anything, you can go there with a confident mind and that makes a huge difference!

Please write down the companies you've applied in a piece of paper! I know I used to forget them.. keep it with you all the time and please remember that after you applied they are gonna call you at any moment and it would not look nice on you to ask... "Excuse me, which company is this? for what position?" you are suppose to know what you applied for!

Will continue this later....

Last edited by sri_lion; 11-22-2008 at 04:57 PM.
(#3)
Old
nj542 will become famous soon enough

11-22-2008, 01:55 PM

well it's gonna be a good thread.
so first of all why don't you start with your story.
wht u do?
whr u work?
and how u got thr?

my guess is u work i KL...right?
so here's a Q?
how u secure your job thr?
did u work here in lk b4 u got ur job thr?
wht qualifications helped you for your job in KL?

Last edited by nj542; 11-22-2008 at 01:58 PM.
(#4)
Old
xviruz is an unknown quantity at this point

11-22-2008, 01:57 PM

This is a good topic..

can i 1st pls give us overall answer for those 6 questions...

Whoever can answer. pls answer..

(#5)
Old
haarshlife is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to haarshlife Send a message via Yahoo to haarshlife
11-22-2008, 01:58 PM

im working @ HNB....
they askeD me Y I wanted to join the bank..
ma favourite product
wat i know about the bank - director boarD
whether i ll b able 2 work anywhere in SL
(#6)
Old

11-22-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj542
well it's gonna be a good thread.
so first of all why don't you start with your story.
wht u do?
whr u work?
and how u got thr?

my guess is u work i KL...right?
so here's a Q?
how u secure your job thr?
did u work here in lk b4 u got ur job thr?
wht qualifications helped you for your job in KL?
Well.. I've reserved a post up there for that already.. anyway I'll quote it from here!

YES I work in KL and I work for a Software company... My JOB is to make sure the project goes smoothly according to the company's software development policies and procedures! I'm also involved in project planning and development area especially if the project is in PHP platform! I did my Degree (specializing in Internet Technology) here in Malaysia.. so during that time I did work for some clients freelance as sort of part time and it helped me a lot too while securing a JOB here!
(#7)
Old

11-22-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xviruz
This is a good topic..

can i 1st pls give us overall answer for those 6 questions...

Whoever can answer. pls answer..

I've answered in the 2nd post, I will try to answer others too.. meanwhile lets see what others have to say too!
(#8)
Old

11-22-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haarshlife
im working @ HNB....
they askeD me Y I wanted to join the bank..
ma favourite product
wat i know about the bank - director boarD
whether i ll b able 2 work anywhere in SL
Thanx for sharing bro!

Can you explain a bit about HNB's procedure for hiring (you dont have to give your personal info, but you can mention what post you applied for)

And how many interviews you had? How long it took for them to make the decision? etc.
(#9)
Old
haarshlife is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to haarshlife Send a message via Yahoo to haarshlife
11-22-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_lion
Thanx for sharing bro!

Can you explain a bit about HNB's procedure for hiring (you dont have to give your personal info, but you can mention what post you applied for)

And how many interviews you had? How long it took for them to make the decision? etc.
hehe ela...now all hiring procedure is online @ www.hnb.net

i juzt applied for the post of BA(Banking Asst.) n den i haD only oL & AL...

i came through 1 eXam (IQ n English paper) & 1 Interview (hope dat ll be da same now)

Last edited by haarshlife; 11-22-2008 at 02:56 PM.
(#10)
Old
xviruz is an unknown quantity at this point

11-22-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_lion
I've answered in the 2nd post, I will try to answer others too.. meanwhile lets see what others have to say too!
thankx..