Join Date: Apr 2012
What's in a date? -
08-16-2012, 08:56 PM
There are 23 calories in 1 Date.
Calorie breakdown: 1% fat, 96% carbs, 3% protein
Health Advantages of Eating Dates - share with your family and friends to help get them healthy and aware!
· Dates are digested very easily therefore they are good for supplying quick energy.
· They are known to be an excellent cure for intestinal disturbances.
· Regular consumption of dates has been found to check the growth of pathological organisms and help in the growth of friendly bacteria in the intestines.
· Being a laxative food, dates have been found to be beneficial for those suffering from constipation, as well dates generally help the elimination of waste. They can be immersed in water at night and taken after making them into a fine syrup the next morning to secure laxative effect.
· Studies have shown that consumption of dates, soaked overnight and crushed, is good for those who have heart problems.
· Researchers have revealed that dates are effective in preventing abdominal cancer.
· One of the key benefits of dates is its ability to regulate a healthy nervous system, thanks to the rich potassium content. Research has recommended that higher intake of potassium (about 400 mg) can cut the risk of stroke by 40 percent.
· Ability to lower LDL cholesterol.
· Dates are rich in iron and can be beneficial to those who suffer from anemia.
· Research has found that eating dates daily for four weeks can improve the quality of lipids (fats) in the blood without raising sugar levels.