ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > News
Reload this Page LTTE's Claymore kills Director Training of STF- Kandy

(#1)
Old
ink2m is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to ink2m Send a message via Yahoo to ink2m
sad LTTE's Claymore kills Director Training of STF- Kandy - 08-07-2006, 09:14 AM

The LTTE terrorists assassinated the Director Training of Special Task force, Senior Superintend of Police Upul Senaviratne in a claymore explosion this morning (Monday the 7th of August).

The incident has taken place between 4.45-5.00a.m today, whilst SSP Senviratne was traveling in his vehicle from Digana to Colombo. The driver of the vehicle has also been seriously injured in the explosion.

More information will follows.

Last edited by ink2m; 08-07-2006 at 09:20 AM.
(#2)
Old

sad Senior STF officer killed in claymore attack - 08-07-2006, 09:19 AM

[TamilNet, August 07, 2006 01:10 GMT]
A senior commander of the Special Task Force (STF), the elite counter-insurgency arm of the Sri Lankan police, was mortally wounded Monday when his vehicle was ambushed by attackers with a claymore mine. Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Upul Seneviratne was seriously wounded in the blast at Digana, 10 km southeast of Kandy, around 4:15 a.m. Monday. He succumbed to his wounds at Kandy hospital around 6:20 a.m., medical sources said.
The driver of the SSP’s vehicle is seriously wounded in the attack.

SSP Seneviratne had served in the eastern province, including as head of the STF in the region. He was serving as head of the police commando training school when he was attacked.

“The blast went off as he got on the main road to get to his workplace this morning,” the STF’s top commander, Inspector General Nimal Lewke told AFP.

IG Lewke blamed the Liberation Tigers for the claymore attack.

Digana, with the view of the "Victoria dam" built by the British is a tourist place in the Central Province of Sri Lanka with Victoria Golf Club and an international cricket ground.
(#3)
Old

sad 08-07-2006, 09:29 AM

Look everyone,

The first news that i was submitted in hear is submit to the web by the government.
But the second one is submitted in the tamilnet.

Government modified this news (Last modified on: 8/7/2006) at 7:17:09 AM , but still they are able to follow the details later. it means still they don't have details enoughly.

But the Tamilnet, modified this news at[TamilNet, August 07, 2006) 01:10 GMT . I don't know the meaning of the "GMT". but, according to this details, they know everything.....

(#4)
Old
themera is an unknown quantity at this point

08-09-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink2m
Look everyone,

The first news that i was submitted in hear is submit to the web by the government.
But the second one is submitted in the tamilnet.

Government modified this news (Last modified on: 8/7/2006) at 7:17:09 AM , but still they are able to follow the details later. it means still they don't have details enoughly.

But the Tamilnet, modified this news at[TamilNet, August 07, 2006) 01:10 GMT . I don't know the meaning of the "GMT". but, according to this details, they know everything.....

HEy man GMT is the time i think the some world common time or some thing and try to send us more info on dis

Thanx
(#5)
Old

08-10-2006, 10:30 AM

Thanks buddy,

After I submit this post, I've heard that the GMT is
G-grinich
M- bla bala bla ( i didn't remember )
T- Time

we have to multiply 5hrs to it (sri lanka time+5 hrs=GMT) if we want to find the GMT in Srilankan time.