ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > News
Reload this Page Illegal music downloading much higher than usual (In USA)

(#1)
Old
dpg is on a distinguished road

! Illegal music downloading much higher than usual (In USA) - 02-22-2007, 10:49 PM

The RIAA, in an effort to prevent piracy, sends reports to universities of students that are pirating music. The universities that receive those reports must then act to stop repeat offenders, or else the entire school can get sued. The five schools that got the most piracy reports are... Purdue, The University of Ohio, the University of Nebraska, the University of Tennessee, and the University of South Carolina. The RIAA complained about nearly 15,000 students across 25 schools, which is nearly three times what that figure has been in previous years. The computer administrator at the University of Michigan has a very interesting quote on students explanations for all this piracy.

Quote:
I get the whole spectrum of excuses. The most common (excuse) I get is, "All my friends are doing this. Why did I get caught?"
Most of the reported pirates use Warez, the Gnutella network (through Limewire), or Bittorent.
(#2)
Old
lasanka is an unknown quantity at this point

02-22-2007, 10:59 PM

sha maru ne.. lolz