Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > News
Reload this Page CELLTEL-TIGO Scadal!

(#1)
Old
11111111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh! CELLTEL-TIGO Scadal! - 02-23-2007, 01:42 PM

Dear friends,

CELLTEL / TIGO call center workers listening to phone calls through their network

I am Dumith Rathnayake and I am sending this letter so that you know the dangers of using the Celltel / TIGO network.

My girlfriend is a Celltel subscriber. Last year from mid August onwards I got to know that Celltel call center workers were illegally listening to my phone calls but I dismissed the matter because I did not believe it could really happen until a friend of mine recounted every word I spoke with my girlfriend once from what he heard through a recorded clip by one such worker. Further, these call center workers have being accessing incoming call logs of Celltel (TIGO) subscribers and distributing those numbers to their friends.

I directly complained to Celltel in writing and they called me and confirmed that they would look into the matter and hold an investigation. After seven days, a lady named Vindya, the Customer Care Manager of TIGO sent me a letter saying that they would not proceed with the case because the owner of the sim did not make a complaint. I pointed out that the calls were originated by me and I also am equally affected by the actions of the individual which Celltel must bear responsibility to.

I also found out that this call center worker has also illegally got the incoming lists of many other Celltel (TIGO) numbers, especially of girls and giving them out to his friends. Also he has obtained messages sent to Celltel numbers, listened incoming and outgoing calls to and from Celltel numbers misusing the power and accessibility he has as a call center worker.

I was using a Mobitel phone to dial the Celltel number and they are telling me to complain about the listening of the calls to Mobitel, which is a total idiotic suggestion as this is the work of a Celltel worker.

It is clear that Celltel (TIGO) has not any interest in protecting the privacy and the rights of those who are using their network but only of protecting their errant employees. If they were at least a bit genuine in helping those affected in this case & saving their name they would hold an inquiry and an investigation as such employees only degrade the quality of a company.

I would like to warn you again before you make a call from or to a Celltel (TIGO) number (numbers starting with 072* *** *** ) as your call may no longer be private and most probably be listened to by a jobless call center worker at TIGO. If the privacy of a call is not anymore, what is the point of mobile phones and communication at all?

Please pass on this e-mail to your friends and let them know of the conduct of TIGO (Celltel) and their call center workers, because we should never let anyone violate our right of freedom and privacy.

Thank you.
Dumith.
(#2)
Old
nukisl is an unknown quantity at this point

02-23-2007, 01:45 PM

ow ow meka atta katawak

mage yaluwek mobitel 1ke ennawa aya mata kewa .....

satar jokiyoooooo
(#3)
Old
MCLINER is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to MCLINER Send a message via Yahoo to MCLINER

wat
is dis real ?????
(#4)
Old
azrah ghaffoor is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to azrah ghaffoor Send a message via Yahoo to azrah ghaffoor

omgg...scary!!
(#5)
Old

wat
is dis real ?????
(#6)
Old

02-23-2007, 01:46 PM

f*cking ppl
(#7)
Old
Anusha is on a distinguished road

02-23-2007, 01:48 PM

Woah!
(#8)
Old
malkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of lightmalkavi is a glorious beacon of light

02-23-2007, 01:51 PM

What....me aththamada.......
(#9)
Old
dpg is on a distinguished road

02-23-2007, 01:52 PM

That's just wrong
(#10)
Old
sandu_ls is an unknown quantity at this point

02-23-2007, 01:53 PM

dnt they hv anything beta to do...........
gues celtle runin outa work to do so they spend their tym listenin in