SIRI PAVARINDARAMA BUDDHIST TEMPLE
WANDADUWA – BALAPITIYA – SRI LANKA
[THE GOVERNMENT HES DECLARED AS AN APPROVED CHAVITABLE INSTITUTE IN THE GAZZETTE NOTIFIEATION, DATED 10.10.1989 AND UNDER SECTION 31 (9) (A) OF INLAND REVENUE ACT NO: 28 OF 1979]
ACCOUNT NO: 107253075673, SAMPATH BANK, AMBALANGODA, SRI LANKA.
Ven. Balapitiye Siri Seevali
(B.A Hons, Vinayacharya, Pandit)
Tel: (+094) 091 2259474 Balapitiya
E- mail: [email protected]
Lecturer – Dept: Pali & BuddhistStudies
University of Ruhuna - Matara
Secretary – Shasanarakshaka Mandalaya
MOST VENERABLE WELITARA SUDHAMMA COMMEMORATION BHIKKHU EDUCATIONAL CENTER.
1. The above temple is situated in Sri Lanka at Balapitiya divisional secretariat, Galle district, in Sri Lanka. It is 130 years old sacred place in the area .There is a sapling of Jayasirimaha bodhi in Anuradhapura and an ancient pagoda of deposited Buddha's relics. The temple is situated at the beautiful summit of the small hill.
2. Siri Pavarindarama Dhamma School is being conducted at the temple for a long time. Two hundred students are studying in the Dhamma School, Buddhism ,Abhidhamma ,Pali language and Buddhist civilization are taught at the school in every Sunday .
A pre -school named "Siri Sudhamma" is being conducted in the temple .Forty students are studying in the pre –school in week days.
3. All these services were started by the most venerable Welitara Siri Sudhamma thera, Chief Sanghanayaka of the southern province and chief incumbent of the temple.
4. His hope and expectation was to establish a good Bhikku educational centre for ordained monks who are parentless and innocent and create intelligent well behavioral monks to the world. But before fulfilling of his ambition he passed away on 24th of April in 2005.
5. As the chief student and present incumbent of the temple, my expectation and duty also to fulfill my teacher's ambition. But we don't have sufficient infrastructure in our temple to establish such an institute. It is difficult to receive the much helping from our devotees who are living around the temple. Because these poor people spend their lives with various difficulties, by doing fishing and day to day occupations. Although they are unable to help with money, they are ready to help in there means.
6. Right now, we have medium size of hall (Dhammasala) and .Pre –School and primary classes of Dhmma School are being conducted in this hall. Due to the lack of space other higher classes are holding out side of the hall. Although 200 students are learning in the Dhamma School there are not auditorium and a library. The monks who reside in the temple have only one building with four rooms.
7. Therefore by concerning this matter we kindly and respectfully request you and your societies to sponsor to establish our institute.
8. Here we hope initial financial assistance from you to construct the infrastructure facilities for the Bhikkus.
9. A hostel for the 25 bhikkhus for their duration of the study, including alms hall and kitchen.
10. Library facilities (This is for Bhikkhus and students of Dhamma School)
Auditorium. (It is also for the Bhikkus and students of Dhamma School)
11. By concerning these issues, we request very kindly you to help establish this institute. If you hope to send money to please send to this account no .107253075673.Sampat Bank, Ambalangoda. Sri Lanka.
13. If necessary further detail, we are able to send the construction plan and financial estimate.
14. It is better you send a group of representative for the initial investigation.
15. Please send this e-mail to your close friends.
16. I serve as a Lecturer of Pali and Buddhist philosophy, at university of Ruhuna in srilanka .So, I hope present you the syllabus and administrative structure of the institute prepared by comity of scholars and myself.
May the triple gem.
18m HEIGHT BUDDHA IMAGE
BRANCH OF JAYA SIRI MAHA BODHI
BUDDHA IMAGE HOUSE