PDA

View Full Version : Hikka Fest 2011

North Star
04-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Just viewing things on Sri Lanka. Saw there was a Hikka Fest 2009 and a Hikka Fest 2010.

No reference anywhere on the internet of a Hikka Fest 2011? Is the event over with? No more?

Was the Hikka Fest 2009 or 2010 like they depicted on the internet? I read somewhere that a lot of the photos were fabricated, and that it was a big story in Sri Lanka, about the fabrication of it, etc.

kosandpol
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
it was not a free for all orgy, if thats what you meant.

thm14
04-17-2011, 08:10 PM
there are couple of facebook fan pages and groups regarding this event but none has mentioned when it will happen so you may keep your fingers crossed till they come up with exact dates :P

North Star
04-17-2011, 08:26 PM
it was not a free for all orgy, if thats what you meant.

Not really an orgy ...mostly just both genders (male and female) drinking and dancing a lot and having a lot of fun. Which is opposite of my impression of reading most other websites, that most Sri Lankan women stay home, and it's generally just guys who go out drinking and out late at night, etc. But, I don't know about that.

That being said....there was ONE photo, of several Indian looking woman with two western (looked like european) guys...and the guys were naked, and the girls were half naked...looked like they went for a swim - in the nude. But, later read that those photos were from Bahrain or United Arab Emerates of somewhere like that. That they might not have been real at all, and definitely not at the Hikka Fest.

Anyhow, even in the West, most parties are predominately guys, and there are many 'ladies nights' and everything else trying to encourage women to drink too. But usually mostly guys. The Hikka Fest photos looked like it was 50% guys, 50% girls, and everyone was drunk and dancing.

(By the way, it's not my incentive to visit Sri Lanka! I wanted to go to see the cultural stuff of Kandy, and then the more I researched, the more I read about beaches, and than later read about the Hikka Fest - so it was an afterthought curiousity, not a motivation for going! Just want to say that 'for the record'!) :cool:

kosandpol
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
for the record, that pic in question was from some orgy that had happened in brazil or some other south american country, some years back. those idiots who made the initial smear post about the hikka fest used it to fool the readers.

BTW, Cultural stuff is not limited to Kandy. You can find it all over the country.

North Star
04-17-2011, 08:39 PM
for the record, that pic in question was from some orgy that had happened in brazil or some other south american country, some years back. those idiots who made the initial smear post about the hikka fest used it to fool the readers.
That makes sense. Brazil has a large Lebanese and other immigrant populations, probably mixed into the general brazilian ethnicity.

Plus, you have european-brazilians. Actually it looks like something you'd see in Brazil...for sure. Now that you mention it :cool:

kosandpol
04-17-2011, 08:41 PM
That makes sense. Brazil has a large Lebanese and other immigrant populations, probably mixed into the general brazilian ethnicity.

Plus, you have european-brazilians. Actually it looks like something you'd see in Brazil...for sure. Now that you mention it :cool:
people in brazil/argentina has very similar skin tones to us and Indians so its easy to get fooled with the two.

North Star
04-17-2011, 09:08 PM
But all the other photos were correct. I mean, just a lot of people dancing and drinking, both genders, men and women?

Just trying to decipher how conservative the nightlife/drinking culture. But, I suppose Hikka Fest would be an exception anyways...

I just have an image of Sri Lankan women staying home, as they'd want to be presentable....so it would be scandalous to be in a bunch of online photos with their boyfriend or male friends or whatever.

But, don't know...