ElaKiri Community
Downloads
Go Back   ElaKiri Community > General > ElaKiri PRO!
Reload this Page ALL ABOUT JOB INTERVIEWS!

(#11)
Old
x-pert has a spectacular aura aboutx-pert has a spectacular aura aboutx-pert has a spectacular aura aboutx-pert has a spectacular aura about

11-22-2008, 05:55 PM

I know this is the PRO section... But have to Tag this thread, sorry

<<TAGGED>>

Last edited by x-pert; 11-22-2008 at 06:06 PM.
(#12)
Old
sri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to sri_lion
11-22-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-pert
I know this is the PRO section... But have to Tag this sorry

<<TAGGED>>
Thank you for dropping by bro!
(#13)
Old
nj542 will become famous soon enough

11-23-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_lion
Well.. I've reserved a post up there for that already.. anyway I'll quote it from here!

YES I work in KL and I work for a Software company... My JOB is to make sure the project goes smoothly according to the company's software development policies and procedures! I'm also involved in project planning and development area especially if the project is in PHP platform! I did my Degree (specializing in Internet Technology) here in Malaysia.. so during that time I did work for some clients freelance as sort of part time and it helped me a lot too while securing a JOB here!
so i guess your main roll is project management right??..not programming.....
if so...did u do and project management studies separately...or just wht u studied during degree...??
(#14)
Old
sri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura aboutsri_lion has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to sri_lion
11-23-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj542
so i guess your main roll is project management right??..not programming.....
if so...did u do and project management studies separately...or just wht u studied during degree...??
Not really.. I've started off doing web programming, but then the management appointed me to take on the role of project management, I consider that as a career advancement!

Because as I see it... when you enter as a programmer your aim should not be a programmer for the rest of your life.. you move on from there to a senior programmer, team lead so on and so forth. that also depend on the management of your company! Though I manage the project I still code because almost all the time the projects will never go according to plan.. you will still need more contribution from where you can get!

And I never had separate qualifications for Project Management this is what you learn at the JOB (like I mentioned in the previous post) though project management was one of the subjects that I learned during my degree that just scratch the surface, the real life scenarios are totally different and challenging!
(#15)
Old
nj542 will become famous soon enough

11-23-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_lion
Not really.. I've started off doing web programming, but then the management appointed me to take on the role of project management, I consider that as a career advancement!

Because as I see it... when you enter as a programmer your aim should not be a programmer for the rest of your life.. you move on from there to a senior programmer, team lead so on and so forth. that also depend on the management of your company! Though I manage the project I still code because almost all the time the projects will never go according to plan.. you will still need more contribution from where you can get!

And I never had separate qualifications for Project Management this is what you learn at the JOB (like I mentioned in the previous post) though project management was one of the subjects that I learned during my degree that just scratch the surface, the real life scenarios are totally different and challenging!
totaly true........
I'm following a degree in IT..but the things thy teach for programing are pure B***SH**.........only few coding here and thr..........
i still can't get around coding a descent program......
so doing self study.......
(#16)
Old
roshant is a jewel in the roughroshant is a jewel in the roughroshant is a jewel in the roughroshant is a jewel in the roughroshant is a jewel in the roughroshant is a jewel in the rough

12-09-2008, 08:54 PM

This is how i passed my interviews.
I only did one thing. I slowed down my speaking speed a bit.
Then when ever they ask a question i had ample time to think it over, while i am answering to the question.Some times I am answering not knowing the exact answer .But, while i am answering i am thinking how should i adjust my answer to a best answer possible.It worked for me.

Best thing is-- do not panic.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(#17)
Old
x-pert has a spectacular aura aboutx-pert has a spectacular aura aboutx-pert has a spectacular aura aboutx-pert has a spectacular aura about

12-10-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj542
totaly true........
I'm following a degree in IT..but the things thy teach for programing are pure B***SH**.........only few coding here and thr..........
i still can't get around coding a descent program......
so doing self study.......
After A/Ls, the merry times are over machang. You don't get spoon feeding any more

Yes bro, You have to self study a lot in the IT field or in any field I guess. (After A/Ls.)

Coding? What;s the language? I may be able to recommend a book or two.
(#18)
Old
Nic has a spectacular aura aboutNic has a spectacular aura aboutNic has a spectacular aura aboutNic has a spectacular aura aboutNic has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Skype™ to Nic
12-11-2008, 02:07 PM

okay im still doing AL and i love specially on IT side..so what u ppl think i should do after my AL z??