ElaKiri Community
Downloads
(#2571)
Old
BlueBat's Avatar
BlueBat BlueBat is offline
Senior Member
BlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to beholdBlueBat is a splendid one to behold
 
Posts: 16,047
Join Date: Aug 2011
05-17-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWalker View Post
ඔිශ හිතන්න අැති නාල අැවිල්ල කිස් එකක් දීල කලිසම අස්සට අත දැම්මාම රැම්සිව මරන්න පුලුවං වෙයි කියල
අැති යංතං උට මාෙලේ තිබ්බ
මං මෙච්චර කල් භයේ හිටියෙ උෟත් ජාෙෆ්රි වගේ ගාෙනෙක් වෙන්න අැති කියල
අැති යංතං හරි හමං ම්ලේච්චයෙක් බිහිවෙලා ඉන්නව
ලාේන්ග් ලිව් රැම්සි බාේල්ටන් ලාේඩ් ඔෆ් වින්ටර්ෆෙල් අැන්ඩ් කින්ග් ඉන් ද නාේත්
ඉවසිල්ලක් නෑ සන්සයි ජාේන් ස්නාේයි ගිහිං රැම්සිගෙන් කාල එනකං
සර්සිට රැවටිලා තාත්තව පාවල දුන්න එළදෙන ජාෙන් ස්නාේ නැතුව හරි රැම්සිට එරෙහිව යුද්ද කාෙරනවලු
අපරාදෙ කලිං මෙව්ව පෙන්නුව නං ජය සිකුරු මෙහෙයුමට ගන්න තිබ්බ චන්ද්‍රිකා අැන්ටි එක්ක සැලසුං හදන්න
බිච් ඉන් ද නාේත්
රිදුන අයට රිදුනාවේ
yako oka teledrama ekak... ochchara serous wenna epa.

Daenerys Targaryen kellai Jon Snow kollai sister and brothers ne ban yana vidihata
Reply With Quote
(#2572)
Old
WhiteWalker's Avatar
WhiteWalker WhiteWalker is offline
Senior Member
WhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to allWhiteWalker is a name known to all
 
Posts: 18,776
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North
05-17-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBat View Post
yako oka teledrama ekak... ochchara serous wenna epa.

Daenerys Targaryen kellai Jon Snow kollai sister and brothers ne ban yana vidihata
රිදිල
Reply With Quote
(#2573)
Old
ruwantheekshana ruwantheekshana is offline
Senior Member
ruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of lightruwantheekshana is a glorious beacon of light
 
Posts: 5,986
Join Date: Mar 2008
05-17-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWalker View Post

ඉවසිල්ලක් නෑ සන්සයි ජාේන් ස්නාේයි ගිහිං රැම්සිගෙන් කාල එනකං
මෙහෙම වෙනවටද කැමැති
Reply With Quote
(#2574)
Old
Thoppi_Chaminda's Avatar
Thoppi_Chaminda Thoppi_Chaminda is offline
Senior Member
Thoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to all
 
Posts: 12,781
Join Date: May 2016
Location: තොප්පිගල
05-17-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWalker View Post
ඔිශ හිතන්න අැති නාල අැවිල්ල කිස් එකක් දීල කලිසම අස්සට අත දැම්මාම රැම්සිව මරන්න පුලුවං වෙයි කියල
අැති යංතං උට මාෙලේ තිබ්බ
මං මෙච්චර කල් භයේ හිටියෙ උෟත් ජාෙෆ්රි වගේ ගාෙනෙක් වෙන්න අැති කියල
අැති යංතං හරි හමං ම්ලේච්චයෙක් බිහිවෙලා ඉන්නව
ලාේන්ග් ලිව් රැම්සි බාේල්ටන් ලාේඩ් ඔෆ් වින්ටර්ෆෙල් අැන්ඩ් කින්ග් ඉන් ද නාේත්
ඉවසිල්ලක් නෑ සන්සයි ජාේන් ස්නාේයි ගිහිං රැම්සිගෙන් කාල එනකං
සර්සිට රැවටිලා තාත්තව පාවල දුන්න එළදෙන ජාෙන් ස්නාේ නැතුව හරි රැම්සිට එරෙහිව යුද්ද කාෙරනවලු
අපරාදෙ කලිං මෙව්ව පෙන්නුව නං ජය සිකුරු මෙහෙයුමට ගන්න තිබ්බ චන්ද්‍රිකා අැන්ටි එක්ක සැලසුං හදන්න
බිච් ඉන් ද නාේත්
රිදුන අයට රිදුනාවේ


ඇත්ත සන්ස හෙන ගොබ්බයි.
ගොබ්බ එවුන් ඉක්මනට වලපල්ලට යන එක හොඳයි
එදා කතාවේ මුල ටික නම් සෙට් වුනේම නැ.
රම්සි ඕෂාව මරණ සීන් එකන් පස්සේ තම එදා කතාව ටිකක් අසාවෙන් බැලුවේ.
Reply With Quote
(#2575)
Old
yasas bandara's Avatar
yasas bandara yasas bandara is offline
Senior Member
yasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to allyasas bandara is a name known to all
 
Posts: 1,571
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colombo
05-19-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard_SxE View Post

And I'm not biased. I just reveal the facts and the decisions and accept for what they are..

Really? Let’s see how your arguments changed overnight…

1. Early comment

<<All those lies he told himself and others defending himself and his actions, now he understands them for what they were. And now he tries to cleanse himself by doing the right thing.>>

You said three things here (A) Jamie lied to himself (2) He lied to others (3) He understands later that he lied to himself and others.

After I pointed out that there’s not a single piece of evidence to support A, B or C you changed your opinion-

Late comment - <<It's not what he says to others that are lies. It's what he says to himself to justify his actions & that he points out those things to others which are lies.>>

So, did he lie to others or not?

You produce a volume of text to prove that his character changed. I get that. Everyone who read the canon knows he changed. You still fail to produce a single piece of evidence from the canon to prove that he lied to himself and later understood that. He’s a POV character. We know what he’s thinking. For an example, we know that Jamie believes he can defeat The Mountain in combat. How? ‘Cause it’s there in his POV chapters. Do we know that he’d lied to himself and later understood that? No we don’t because it’s not anywhere in the text.

2. Early comment - << If you think that Jaime had a concious at that time, then you are wrong. Actually the only thing he cared about that time is Cersei. He didn't want to be knighted.>>

After I pointed out that he was proud to be a Knight and said so to the Lady of Tarth,

Late comment << Ok I may agree that Jaime was proud to be a knight (I read that part), but the vows? puh! He only sought his own gain.>>

Now, it’s about the Gain! Really?

And please answer me this, you accept one thing Jamie says to Brienne (I earned my Knighthood but the kingsguard spoiled me) but refuse to accept another thing he says (I did not say anything to others to protect my oath) to the SAME PERSON. Why? Is every other comment out of his mouth a lie? Both these things are about his feelings.

3. Early comments - << His father's soldiers were right outside the walls, raping and murdering beyond count. I don't recall jaime sparing them a second thought, or even attempting to get his family's army to stop murdering.>>
<< Did he stop Tywins men from raping women, & murdering children after that? He simply sat and stayed on the throne.>>


When I pointed out that he DID try and even gave specific instructions,

Late comments - <<HE COULD'VE STOPPED THE SACK OF KINGS LANDING. At least tried.>>
<<So even before the Sack started he could've gone to Tywin & co and came to an understanding. Or even sent a message.>>


And now it’s about STOPPING the sack! And he should have done so BEFORE? Really? You can’t argue anymore about the time AFTER he killed MK so now you switch to the time BEFORE he acted.

4. You went into details about the specific duties of a Kingsguard and what they should and should not do. At the same time you are asking repeatedly as to why Jamie did not break just about all of these.

<< Jaime knew that chestled got burned because he spoke out against aerys plan to burn the city. He could have killed aerys then.>>
<< Jaime knew about aerys's plan to burn the city for months. He watched as aerys burned innocent people alive and did nothing.>>


Can’t you see that Jamie followed the vows to the letter up until he learnt about Rossart? Doesn’t he say “I was there, protecting his secrets” to Lady Tarth?

<<So even before the Sack started he could've gone to Tywin & co and came to an understanding. Or even sent a message. >>

He was following the oath to the letter. How can he go to an enemy of the king to make a deal without the king’s permission? That’s betraying the king big time! Can he even leave the king’s side? He’s the only KG available. He can even go to the other family members of the MK because of the oath that says guarding the king comes first.

5. Early comment - << He does not go after fame or does not try to justify his actions. For the simple fact he does not care.>>

I pointed out that he DID care. It’s right in the text (POV). 1. He thinks “there’s no time for me to hide and escape this” 2. He sees the blame in the eyes of his father’s men and knows that there’s going to be BLAME. If he’s the person you say he is, why would he care?

Late comment – Still waiting for this one. Care to change that too?

<<Why would he kill Aerys there when he could simply captured him and held him accountable for his actions in a trial?>>

Let me try one last time to explain why MK has to die (you won’t accept of course).

What does Jamie say? “I killed the king before he could pass the massage to another”.

Can we accept this? Yes. Why? Because there are still people loyal to the king fighting and dying in his name. We know this because Jamie thinks it (POV, mentioned in text) and asks his father’s met to spare them if they surrender.

If Jamie had kept MK alive, it will only take ONE of these men to carry a simple massage like “Go ahead with the plan” to one of the Pyromancers and that would have been the end of thousands.

That’s all it takes. Just 3-4 words. The messenger doesn’t even have to know what they mean. And what about one of the Kingsguard whose brain is hardwired to the stupid oath? Varys and his birds? There are so many possibilities of getting the deed done. The only logical, simplest easiest method was to kill the MK then and there. It makes sure that his plan stays inactivated till Jamie get to kill the others.

We can use the same argument about his other comment about trying to protect the MK’s secrets after his death. You say that any sane person would have done what he did. But would any sane person have gone to the length of what Jamie did just to hide the truth? He hunted down each and every pyromancer and killed them one by one. “Any sane person” would have just told Ned/New Hand/Robert/Any Lord about the plan and the name list and let them make all the efforts.

Why would Jamie (the person who you say don’t care about anyone) take all this effort (without even trying to defend his name) if not for protecting the one oath he still has left? Do you have any other rational explanation? Do you have any evidence from the text to prove that?

The only available explanation is the ONLY one we find in the book. That’s what Jamie says. You’re having none of it simply because you’re biased.

You repeatedly point out that his character changed. Why can’t you accept that he was doing his best to follow the KG oath to the letter till he CHANGED after that Rossart s#it?

And you are completely silent about him killing the king’s Hand. Is there any way he could have avoided killing him? Killing the Hand is betraying the King big time. You’re keeping silent because you can’t seriously use the “Jamie should have captured him alive” line.

<< You can't hide behind the fact of killing Aerys to save innocent people. Because the innocent people were killed whether he killed Aryes or Not.>>

Yes. Because MK refused negotiations. Because MK had other plans. Because that stupid oath was in the way. Because Jamie was still trying to keep that oath. Any other reasons you need? What if the White Bull was in Jamie’s shoes? Would he have tried to negotiate with Lannister men without the King’s permission?

<<Jaime killed Aerys to save the City? That's just Blasphemy. It was already lost.>>

Really? Thousands of men women and children burnt to death no matter what? I must have missed that part.

<< And you're telling that Jaime sought out everything you pointed out about betraying his oath from killing rossart to the trials in a same thought???? That he had planned out how it'll work out??>>

What about the “I don’t have time” part? Isn’t that enough? Enough to make him rush towards Rossart and kill him?

And one final word about these KG oaths you seem to care so much about,

The only available evidence in the text about the relative importance of different oaths is what Jamie says. “No matter what you do, you’re breaking one oath or another”. This is the simple truth and you know that. Jamie could never have stopped the mass murder without breaking one oath or another. Even attacking the Hand would be counted as betraying the king.

And Jamie sees no different between KG oaths and Kinght Oaths. This is a man who’s proud of being a knight (not a KG). Whether or not you accept his opinion, his opinion is still a valid one.

I understand that KG oaths serve a system and help it keep going. So Jamie butchers the oaths. What happened? Did the kings lose their faith and disbanded KG. No. Robert appointed Barristan as the commander of KG and kept Jamie around. Renley commanded his army “kill everyone except Barristan”. Stannis wanted Barristan fished out of Renley’s army. They still trusted KG.

What about common men? Did the ground fall under them? They lost sleep? Lost corps/livestock? Nothing like that happened. A dog was killed like a dog. That’s it.
Reply With Quote
(#2576)
Old
Alucard_SxE's Avatar
Alucard_SxE Alucard_SxE is offline
Senior Member
Alucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really niceAlucard_SxE is just really nice
 
Posts: 2,748
Join Date: Apr 2015
05-19-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
You said three things here (A) Jamie lied to himself (2) He lied to others (3) He understands later that he lied to himself and others.
You only seem to understand WHAT YOU WANT TO UNDERSTAND from what I say.

.It's not what he says to others that are lies. It's what he says to himself to justify his actions & that he points out those things to others which are lies.

It's not about LIES. He doesn't understand what is right or wrong at that time. It's something of an automated lie that comes out of his mouth by his thinking.

It's like this. Ok I killed the king. People blame me saying kingslayer. I did stop his plans of the destruction of the kingslanding did I not? So yeah that's why I killed the king.

That's what he says to himself and others. The way he tries to justify his actions.
We also sometimes do something of a similar but not so serious stuff.
Like, I need to study today night for an exam. But it's raining & cold.So I tell myself it's cold & hard. I can cover this up by tomorrow. Can't study in this condition. I'm not studying because of this.
I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT I'M TOO LAZY AND NOT WANTING TO STUDY BY MAKING EXCUSES.



Quote:
Do we know that he’d lied to himself and later understood that? No we don’t because it’s not anywhere in the text.
“That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead.”
– Jaime's thoughts on himself

“I have made kings and unmade them. Sansa Stark is my last chance for honor.”
- Jaime to Brienne of Tarth

"Make a habit of it, Lannister, and one day men might call you Goldenhand after all. Goldenhand the Just.”
- thoughts of Jaime after hanging outlaws

“Defeated in the Whispering Wood by the Young Wolf Robb Stark during the War of the Five Kings. Held captive at Riverrun and ransomed for a promise unfulfilled. Captured again by the Brave Companions, and maimed at the word of Vargo Hoat their captain, losing his sword hand to the blade of Zollo the Fat. Returned safely to King's Landing by Brienne, the Maid of Tarth.”
- Jaime writing of himself in the White Book



His choices made him the person he is today. And he acknowledges the fact that he made some irrational decisions on the way. He thinking of himself in the ways like thins proves that.

All you seem to understand and point out and asking is,
He lied or not? He lied to others or not? He understand later he lied to others or not??

Those quotes I've stated obviously prove that he understands that he made some mistakes in the past that put a dark mark on him.

“That boy had wanted to be Ser Arthur Dayne, but someplace along the way he had become the Smiling Knight instead.”
He understands he had become a bad person. That made some bad and harsh decisions without understanding the consequences.

“I have made kings and unmade them. Sansa Stark is my last chance for honor.”
Making kings and unmaking them is not within his power. In his position he simply cannot make them. He knows this. He know by doing these things he has put a black mark on his name.. And he understand that by doing something like honouring Catelyn's vow will help him regain the honour he lost.

"Make a habit of it, Lannister, and one day men might call you Goldenhand after all. Goldenhand the Just.”
"Just".. It is obvious that he seems to understand and care much about the world, actions & the consequences..


What are those deeds that he knows as giving him a black mark, dirtying his honour? If you know the answer for this then you know the answer for your pointless question.

I did not fail to produce a single piece of evidence. It is you who don't seem to understand evidence for what it is. You are neglecting everything I say or at least try to find a way past it and ask pointless questions about lies.. You are asking me to point out that he said, "OK I lied"??



Quote:
Now, it’s about the Gain! Really?

And please answer me this, you accept one thing Jamie says to Brienne (I earned my Knighthood but the kingsguard spoiled me) but refuse to accept another thing he says (I did not say anything to others to protect my oath) to the SAME PERSON.
Yes. Because his choice to become a knight didn't have dear consequences that led that led to others doubting his actions and later him doubting himself too.
There's a whole difference about he wanting to become a knight and then making a serious decision like killing a king and trying to give a reason.



Quote:
And now it’s about STOPPING the sack! And he should have done so BEFORE? Really? You can’t argue anymore about the time AFTER he killed MK so now you switch to the time BEFORE he acted.

It been a long time since I've read the books so yeah there are some thngs I've mistakenly interpreted. But again it doesn't make a difference here.
Yes the sack has already started before he killed the king. So people are dying even before he killed Aerys. So did he stop that?

YOU ARE HELL-BENT ON POINTING OUT THAT JAIME KILLED AERYS TO STOP THE DESTRUCTION OF THE CITY, YOU DON'T SEEM TO COMPREHEND THAT THE CITY IS ALREADY BEING DESTROYED. INNOCENT LIVES WERE BEING LOST.
AND IF THAT BEING SAID THEN TWIN IS ALSO SIMILAR TO AERYS SINCE HE KILLED INNOCENT CIVILIANS AND As PER JAIME'S KNIGHTLY VOWS HE'S OBLIGED TO STOP TYWIN FROM DOING THAT EVEN.


Quote:
Really? Thousands of men women and children burnt to death no matter what? I must have missed that part.
Again....
People died in landing. You are making the same excuse as Jaime.
"Oh yeah. I killed aryes because he was about to burn everyone."

So tywin was killing poeple too. Murdering and raping during the sack.
People were dying no matter what. The same people who were going to be burnt were being killed by tywin. So????



Quote:
Can’t you see that Jamie followed the vows to the letter up until he learnt about Rossart? Doesn’t he say “I was there, protecting his secrets” to Lady Tarth?

He was following the oath to the letter. How can he go to an enemy of the king to make a deal without the king’s permission? That’s betraying the king big time! Can he even leave the king’s side? He’s the only KG available. He can even go to the other family members of the MK because of the oath that says guarding the king comes first.
Dude.. Seriously? So according to you there's a specific time to abandon the Vows?? And you justify this??

Ok. So he can't go to a king's enemy (not his) and discuss with him because he withstand kingsguards' vows but can kill the king??
He obeyed the king within the time he could've done to stop everything but betrayed the king when he couldn't do anything?


Quote:
He can even go to the other family members of the MK because of the oath that says guarding the king comes first.
Wha??? I can't even...
So if guarding the king comes first before family where does protecting the king with his own blood and NOT BETRAYING AND NOT KILLING THE KING comes ??
According to you not betraying and keeping the king alive comes after everything after in his vow..


And he could've saved Elia and her children because killing of them came after that by the hands of Gregor & Lorch.

He did not want to be in the kingsguard to begin with. He only agreed to that because he wanted to be close to Cersei.. But then he lost that opportunity too.
It is said by Jaime in someplace that he only feels alive only when fucking Cersei and Fighting. He loose both of these things when he was with Aerys.
He did not simply care about the vows.. He stayed there because he had no choice.
Yes he heard what Aerys planned and said. But he only stood and watched. Because he had no choice in the matter.
And when the moment came, he snapped. Did an irrational thing.



Quote:
He thinks “there’s no time for me to hide and escape this” 2. He sees the blame in the eyes of his father’s men and knows that there’s going to be BLAME. If he’s the person you say he is, why would he care?
It's more of a defence mechanism. He knows for a fact that he broke the most important vow by killing Aerys and is doomed. So the obvious choice that comes up to him is making himself not be accountable to the murder of Aerys.
But then again there could be many more to the way he describes the event.
AND unlike in the TV show this event is a dream in the books. As I read somewhere.

"This is how Jaime recalls the events in his 2nd ASOS chapter via a dream. The king is alone in the throne room and Jaime steps in wearing his golden armor, with Rossart's blood on his sword. Aerys yells at him to go kill his father and asks whose blood is on Jaime's blade. When Jaime replies "Rossart's" Aerys shits himself and starts running up the IT. At this point Jaime heaves him off the steps and then slashes his throat just as Lord Crakehall and others from his father's army open the doors. They see him killing the King and in his opinion, judge him."


Quote:
What does Jamie say? “I killed the king before he could pass the massage to another”.
Can we accept this? Yes. Why? Because there are still people loyal to the king fighting and dying in his name.
NO. Because Aerys was alone and helpless in the throne room.
There were so many ways to stop Aerys without killing him.


1. When the king asks Jaime, "who's blood is that on your sword?", Jaime says Rossarts'. So if he wanted to stop a person from shouting or crying for help why would he give out another reason to shout and cry out for help?? Or to pass the message as per you?

2. Even then after that, Aerys gets super scared and shits himself and what does he do? He crawls up towards the top of the Iron Throne.
For your information, this is what the actual throne looks like.




There is no way out of the throne room and there is no way out after climbing the iron throne. There's even the possibility the Aerys could stumble and died by the throne it self... But Jaime, being the person he is, scaled up the iron throne, killed Aerys cold bloodedly.


So Aerys had the time to shout out for help or a message after hearing the word "Rossarts".. even if the room was isolated and no escape and no one to hear him, and then he runs up the iron throne, again a dead end.
And the Red keep was under Jaime's command. He had so many chances to stop from any bloodshed to further bloodshed from happening. But he didn't think or cared about those opportunities.



Quote:
If Jamie had kept MK alive, it will only take ONE of these men to carry a simple massage like “Go ahead with the plan” to one of the Pyromancers and that would have been the end of thousands.
What is the event of Aerys saying "go ahead with your plan" are you talking about? You mean shouting in a trial?
And again the plans were known to a limited number of people. You yourself said that Jaime hunted those people down.
Oh and you are saying that Jaime thought of all those events leading to a trial and then Aerys shouting there AND took the decision of killing him? He thought all those things through before killing Aerys??

And might I add Jaime was something like 17 at that time. He was not experienced or in a state of making rational decisions. Both Tyrion & Barristan make strong claims about that.


Quote:
That’s all it takes. Just 3-4 words. The messenger doesn’t even have to know what they mean. And what about one of the Kingsguard whose brain is hardwired to the stupid oath? Varys and his birds? There are so many possibilities of getting the deed done. The only logical, simplest easiest method was to kill the MK then and there. It makes sure that his plan stays inactivated till Jamie get to kill the others.
You state what could've happen (and only in 1:100 odds I might add) if he took the decision of sparing Aerys. And again you tries to explain that Jaime thought all those things through and even the least odds of something like that happening. (Like someone like Sherlock according to you ).
But you don't acknowledge what He SHOULD have done at that time.
If he had the brains & the ability to make rational choices.

You only state what could've happen even if the odds of happening that is quite low.
(Ok lets say I do what you do and state what could've happened... A pyromancer could've walked on to Jaime killing rossart and still activate the plan. A pyromancer could've walked in to Jaime killing Aerys and still activate the plan..
And I can give many other reasons too. So do you see the things you are pointing out?? I can point out those things too against you if you want)



Quote:
You repeatedly point out that his character changed. Why can’t you accept that he was doing his best to follow the KG oath to the letter
Because for the simple fact that he did not care about the oaths.
He did not want to be in the kingsguard to begin with.
He chose to be at king's side because there wasn't any choice other than that at that time.
But when he saw the moment of having to get rid of it, he simply chose it.



Quote:
Yes. Because MK refused negotiations. Because MK had other plans. Because that stupid oath was in the way. Because Jamie was still trying to keep that oath. Any other reasons you need? What if the White Bull was in Jamie’s shoes? Would he have tried to negotiate with Lannister men without the King’s permission?
White Bull would've kept his oaths and stay at Kings side. Because he was loyal to the end.
And again I have to explain to you that I don't see a hero or a villain in this because there isn't a one.
What I state simply is killing Aerys at that moment, with the way things happened, defines him for what he is. Irrational, vile and doesn't care about oaths other that his gains.
If you don't understand what gains are let me explain that to you too. Getting rid of his bound to aerys. His anger. Him wanting to be with Cersei. His loyalty to the lannisters. His loyalty to his father..



Quote:
Jamie could never have stopped the mass murder without breaking one oath or another. Even attacking the Hand would be counted as betraying the king.
I have to repeat this again.
I don't mean that disobeying his vows and acting against king's will isn't what he should do at this point. What I'm saying is, his irrational action of killing Aerys cold-bloodedly defines that he did not care about his vows.


Quote:
What about the “I don’t have time” part? Isn’t that enough? Enough to make him rush towards Rossart and kill him?
What about "I simply don't care"??
He had so much time from Aerys opening the doors of landing to tywin to killing aerys.. To make so many decisions in favour of seving his kinghtly oaths as you state. But the choice he took was the last one when all was lost and nothing much to happen.


Quote:
“No matter what you do, you’re breaking one oath or another”.
This again is Jaime making a excuse of it. I've explained it numerous time before.


Quote:
I understand that KG oaths serve a system and help it keep going. So Jamie butchers the oaths. What happened? Did the kings lose their faith and disbanded KG. No. Robert appointed Barristan as the commander of KG and kept Jamie around. Renley commanded his army “kill everyone except Barristan”. Stannis wanted Barristan fished out of Renley’s army. They still trusted KG.

Robert kept Jaime around because he saw Jaime's actions as Justice. Robert was a great fighter. But then again he was an irrational ruler who couldn't foresee the future. (Couldn't even find out his wife is being fucked by Jaime and that his sons are technically not his.
Ser Barristan saw Jaime for what he is and agreed that he doesn't deserve to be in the kingsguard.

The kingsguard withheld BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE BARRISTAN. It's his honour that makes him so worthy. Even as an enemy.
But still barristan regrets himself for some of the actions he took. Like swearing fealty to robert & then Joffery.



Reply With Quote
(#2577)
Old
Challenger SRT8's Avatar
Challenger SRT8 Challenger SRT8 is offline
Senior Member
Challenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of lightChallenger SRT8 is a glorious beacon of light
 
Posts: 5,139
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: 404
05-19-2016, 08:19 PM

we don't give a fuck about Jaime
Reply With Quote
(#2578)
Old
Thoppi_Chaminda's Avatar
Thoppi_Chaminda Thoppi_Chaminda is offline
Senior Member
Thoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to allThoppi_Chaminda is a name known to all
 
Posts: 12,781
Join Date: May 2016
Location: තොප්පිගල
05-19-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger SRT8 View Post
we don't give a fuck about Jaime

ඔය ජෙමිය නැත්නම් කතාව සැහෙන්න වෙනස් වෙන්න තිබ්බ.
Reply With Quote
(#2579)
Old
Thilantdm's Avatar
Thilantdm Thilantdm is offline
Senior Member
Thilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to behold
 
Posts: 20,551
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: අද නම් හදට ආවා
Send a message via AIM to Thilantdm
05-19-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWalker View Post
ඔිශ හිතන්න අැති නාල අැවිල්ල කිස් එකක් දීල කලිසම අස්සට අත දැම්මාම රැම්සිව මරන්න පුලුවං වෙයි කියල
අැති යංතං උට මාෙලේ තිබ්බ
මං මෙච්චර කල් භයේ හිටියෙ උෟත් ජාෙෆ්රි වගේ ගාෙනෙක් වෙන්න අැති කියල
අැති යංතං හරි හමං ම්ලේච්චයෙක් බිහිවෙලා ඉන්නව
ලාේන්ග් ලිව් රැම්සි බාේල්ටන් ලාේඩ් ඔෆ් වින්ටර්ෆෙල් අැන්ඩ් කින්ග් ඉන් ද නාේත්
ඉවසිල්ලක් නෑ සන්සයි ජාේන් ස්නාේයි ගිහිං රැම්සිගෙන් කාල එනකං
සර්සිට රැවටිලා තාත්තව පාවල දුන්න එළදෙන ජාෙන් ස්නාේ නැතුව හරි රැම්සිට එරෙහිව යුද්ද කාෙරනවලු
අපරාදෙ කලිං මෙව්ව පෙන්නුව නං ජය සිකුරු මෙහෙයුමට ගන්න තිබ්බ චන්ද්‍රිකා අැන්ටි එක්ක සැලසුං හදන්න
බිච් ඉන් ද නාේත්
රිදුන අයට රිදුනාවේ
hikz
Reply With Quote
(#2580)
Old
Thilantdm's Avatar
Thilantdm Thilantdm is offline
Senior Member
Thilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to beholdThilantdm is a splendid one to behold
 
Posts: 20,551
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: අද නම් හදට ආවා
Send a message via AIM to Thilantdm
05-19-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoppi_Chaminda View Post

ඔය ජෙමිය නැත්නම් කතාව සැහෙන්න වෙනස් වෙන්න තිබ්බ.
ow oka cersita hi*&% nattn GOT kathawakuth nathi wenna thibba...
hi$&@k giya durak
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
!!!got බැලුව පොන්නයෝ, !!!hooodooorr, ස්පොයිලර්™, සෝන් බීම්, හූ හූ, a song of ice and fire, all men must die, billythekid <3 sansa, champ is here, for the watch, fucking spoiler page, hodor, hold the door, markhaloce පිස්සු පකා, nakiya spoiler, north remembers, not today, sansa weds billythekid, snow just came, spoil karanna epa ponsla, the winter is cumming, valar dohaeris, valar morghulis, winter is coming, you know nothing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright © 2006 - 2011 ElaKiri™ Beta2.Evo vBulletin, vBa iBproArcade Subdreamer I-Magic MKv

Page generated in 0.06162 seconds with 10 queries